Jankees 2020 Tribute - please post!

Adam Banks

I thought I'd create a "Thank You" post to Jan Kees Blom for all his repaints. I checked his list on Avsim ... there are over 1,500 of them!!!!!! Quite incredible.

So ... open to all to post any of your favourite liveries/repaints - but please bear in mind that we're on an ORBX forum, so the usual rule about including ORBX scenery in the shot applies!!

I'll start the ball rolling - not that these are my favourites (impossible to choose) - just some recent shots:

A "Polish" scheme for the Realair MkIX Spitfire - near NZWB (Blenheim) NZSI:

jk-realair-spitfire-1350.jpg?dl=1

Also near NZWB - Hawker Typhoon:

jk-typhoon-1350.jpg?dl=1

An A2A P51D - one of many repaints for NZ aircraft - over NZOH (Ohakea):

jk-a2a-p51d-nz2420-01a-1350.jpg?dl=1

Finally - at Omaka (NZOM) ... another treat for New Zealanders ... the Avro 621:

jk-avro621-1350.jpg?dl=1

Show JK your appreciation ... post your favourites here!

Adam.

12 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Search Avsim Jack, there could be something there that you fly. I don't think Jankees has only done tail draggers.

Now I have to rummage through 231 hangars!:)

TTM

I did but didn’t find any A2A Cherokee.  It’s very difficult to find reprints there, for me anyway.

I have many of Jankees liveries, but finding them was interesting.

He does not advertise his work so when you go into Aircraft.cfg they don't leap out at you.

His name is not in Black Bold Type. However I did twig after awhile that the initials  'jk' could ID his work.

The following are 2 shots of jk_Randolph_twelve that adorns the Aeroplane Heaven SB2C-4 Helldiver.

The 2nd shot shows the trouble JKB goes to as regards fine detail & weathering.

We are all the richer for his contribution. I trust that doesn't sound like an obituary.

TTM

(P3D v4.5.13)

Opa97HG.jpg

wM3BfAS.jpg

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice, wish I was into military tail draggers :banghead:

Jack, there is only one way to do it and that is to practice!;)

Start off with a Piper Cub to get the hang of things.

A few years ago I had never flown a chopper but after a few evenings I managed to be able to take off and do a reasonable flight but I still don't chose which airport I want to land in:huh:, just which State!:lol:

7 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Jack, there is only one way to do it and that is to practice!;)

Start off with a Piper Cub to get the hang of things.

A few years ago I had never flown a chopper but after a few evenings I managed to be able to take off and do a reasonable flight but I still don't chose which airport I want to land in:huh:, just which State!:lol:

I’ll pass.  I have enough frustration in my life as it is.

Thanks for the nice feedback ... and keep 'em coming, folks!

BTW - easy trick - in P3D, just put "Blom" in the vehicles search box ... then all your JK variants will come up (providing you pasted the correct info/descriptions in your aircraft.cfg files).

I'm not sure how rigorous JK has been in the past, but I make sure that his credit is always present when I add a new livery.

Adam.

I'm sure there are some more exciting and colourful paints, but this one in particular stands out to me because Jankees painted this livery after I posted some airshow photos of this very B-52.  I did not even ask him to do it, but a few days later Jankees previewed and posted this livery up on the OzX website, and I was blown away.  Then I had to go get the aircraft to put it on ;).

AliP5B4.jpg

X9n1N9P.jpg

Cheers,

Great idea Adam ! So many beautiful skins have been provided by Jan - MANY THANKS AGAIN JAN !!!!!!!!!!! 

Here are a few one from my last flights - Alabeo C195 / Alabeo D17 Staggerwing / A2A P47 / A2A Spitfire 

RmGGSVP.jpg

7iPUu48.jpg

ilyImxz.jpg

5IN5KTU.jpg

Here is a link for some skins if somebody is looking for ... :)  soh site - direct link to Jan Kees civilian plane skins

also avsim by link

11 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

ZGQvES5.jpg

Great shots! I'm intrigued by this one, though. I see you also get a weird red nav light on the port side of the fuselage. I've tried everything to get rid of it - and contacted Aeroplane Heaven (no response as yet).

ah-typhoon-blob-night-1350.jpg?dl=1

Any ideas? Sorry to slightly hi-jack my own thread!

Adam.

No idea, sorry..

Thank you for posting these fantastic screens, feels gteat to know you are enjoying my work.

I'd forgotten about that B-52 after my move to P3D, but it still looks great . Same for the Caravan, it was a fun paint to do, because it's a fun paint in real life, with all those paras on the tail.

I'm still missing the 727 and 707 in P3D, so it is good to see them again, thank you!

And that skymaster was my first paint for that model. Pfff, talk about a steep learning curve...

Meanwhile, I've done this:

49333162821_0385021b80_h.jpgjk4310 

and a few skyhawks..

Oh, and I see that Pacific Coastal Saab still has the white wings. They should be blue, did I forget to post the update?

9 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Great shots! I'm intrigued by this one, though. I see you also get a weird red nav light on the port side of the fuselage. I've tried everything to get rid of it - and contacted Aeroplane Heaven (no response as yet).

ah-typhoon-blob-night-1350.jpg?dl=1

Any ideas? Sorry to slightly hi-jack my own thread!

Adam.

No idea here either Adam.  I did notice that too.  It's a strange one.  Even with all lights switched off with the "L" key it doesn't change.

5 hours ago, jankees said:

I'd forgotten about that B-52 after my move to P3D, but it still looks great . Same for the Caravan, it was a fun paint to do, because it's a fun paint in real life, with all those paras on the tail.

I'm still missing the 727 and 707 in P3D, so it is good to see them again, thank you!

Yeah, I keep P3Dv3 installed so I can still use a number of aircraft, such as the 707, 727, 767, B52, a few SSW military jets, and the VRS Superbug and Tac Pack.  Probably a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head right now.  I also keep FSX installed for the same reason, to use the MD-11, 747, B377 etc.

Cheers,

Cessna C208B Grand Caravan, in the colors of PH-JAS, one of the Grand Caravans used by Tessel Air from the island of Texel in the Netherlands. It is mainly used as a skydiving aircraft with the Paracentrum Texel.
3xMmWuU.jpg

One of many of Jankees  RealAir  Spitfire repaints that reside on the Avsim library.

This is inland from Nice, on the way to Paris.

"Spitfire Mk.IX MJ238 of No.73 Sqn, based in Cannes, France in march 1945. Towards the end of the war, No.73 sqn began painting it aircraft in the prewar colors."

TTM

(P3D v4.5.13)

Zbl32pB.jpg

Another couple of RealAir Spitfires after the Jankees treatment.

TTM

(P3D v4.5.13)

"Spitfire IXc MK210 as flown by Lt.Col Gustav Lundquist of the USAAF, Test Section, Boscombe Down.
He made an emergency landing on Greenland while returning to the UK from the US. The Spitfire had been testing long range tanks at Wright Field. 
While waiting for spare parts, a mechanic, sgt Petta asked if he could paint nose art on the aircraft. 
When Col Lundquist returned, this was the result. On return to Boscombe Down, the noseart was removed and hung above the bar in the officers'mess. 
Repaint by Jan Kees Blom, based on the paintkit by RealAir."

qdkPdux.jpg

"Spitfire IXc MK475 in the colors it wore when operated by Schreiner Airways as a target tug between 1954 and 1957, when it crashed and was destroyed. 
Repaint by Jan Kees Blom, based on the paintkit by RealAir."

ujqsLAv.jpg

On 1/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

I’ll pass.  I have enough frustration in my life as it is.

I have a "handling" problem as well Jack, so with Chaseplane I set up a rear view, that way I found it easy to steer the a/c down the runway, tail up lift off and your away.  :);) Too easy!

Don

1 hour ago, HeKa48 said:

DeHavilland DH89 Dragon Rapide, in the colors of DH-89A OO-AFG (cn 6458) was registered to Avions Fairey SA at Gosselies on 27 February 1958.

Beautiful livery notwithstanding, that's a stunner of a shot in any case!

Adam.

Archived