Bye bye Brisbane

Stillwater

Our days in Brisbane had to come to an end...

... but we will be able to remember the correct spelling of the city´s name. Or, most probable, much more.

GjRUVm1.jpg

Getting ready at the Virgin Australia terminal for a series of flights...

Cm2f0JL.jpg

WNtZ3nk.jpg

The first takeoff of the day, across Port of Brisbane...

0BWtTKO.jpg

... Mud Island, ...

dewK6Vi.jpg

... and Cleveland.

7JwwzI4.jpg

M6nLgVL.jpg

Gold Coast in the distance.

kcQtF6v.jpg

7eS2yHx.jpg

Northern NSW looks harmless in the sim, ...

jE4LpIA.jpg

... but in reality there were bushfires already in September.

ACs32hT.jpg

Broken Bay, ...

aSefzOM.jpg

XJaN7ph.jpg

... and an approach into a city y´all know by name.

UVZS1w3.jpg

Unfortunately ATC choose a STAR from the east, I would have loved to have the sun behind. But the clean windows of VA help!

tXapSSE.jpg

The final into YSSY proves that spring textures are green here.

Vn3Wm1f.jpg

Botany Bay.

5cuwpIB.jpg

jB8mrR4.jpg

Sydney, here we are!

L5ncZ3s.jpg

Now grab the luggage and move...

9DEVFv9.jpg

An excellent set Gerold and some magical RL images to go with it.

I like the inclusion of Cleveland as that is where I go to stay when I visit my brother and I can pick out the area where he lives.

I did the flight down to Sydney on the first part of my recent trip but it was almost dark by the time the plane started it's descent.

You continue to amaze me mate with the quality of your shots both real and virtual and your grasp of OZ geography thank you!  You will be pleased to know that the smoke and dust haze is starting to dissipate a little with some rain beginning to have effect but we are not out of the woods yet ......

On 12/24/2019 at 2:25 PM, Iain Emms said:

Grand post indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain. And: Enjoy Boxing Day!

On 12/25/2019 at 3:31 AM, adambar said:

sterling set of shots Gerold once again. :)

Thank you Adam!

On 12/24/2019 at 4:12 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Gosh Gerold, I LOVE when you do these.  First, I love the real photos, and second, it shows just how well Orbx did in emulating the real world.  Fantastic set here my friend.

Thanks Jack. It is my pleasure to repeat some real experiences and finally compare the views, especially as the Orbx scenery fits so well!

On 12/24/2019 at 7:51 PM, VH-KDK said:

An excellent set Gerold and some magical RL images to go with it.

I like the inclusion of Cleveland as that is where I go to stay when I visit my brother and I can pick out the area where he lives.

I did the flight down to Sydney on the first part of my recent trip but it was almost dark by the time the plane started it's descent.

Recognizing familiar areas in the sim or on real flights is even one level higher than just flying over it. Fantastic.

We planned a longer buffer time at Sydney airport in order to move to the international terminal. So we were lucky to grasp the last sunlight on approach...

On 12/25/2019 at 2:53 AM, TerribleT said:

You continue to amaze me mate with the quality of your shots both real and virtual and your grasp of OZ geography thank you!  You will be pleased to know that the smoke and dust haze is starting to dissipate a little with some rain beginning to have effect but we are not out of the woods yet ......

Thank you for the compliments TT! And I would be really happy if rain or the work of firemen could begin to gain control over the bushfires in OZ...

Archived