TE GB Central - autogen trees

7 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

ok, so am I right in understanding that you did nothing apart from uninstall and reinstall the Orbx Libs?

My last action that fix the issue was to move manually Orbx Libs entry in first place of my ProgramData/addons.cfg with [Package.0]

8 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

What was the other autogen addon?  Does that one not work properly now?!

FranceVFR. I'm going to test right now both at the same time, a short VFR flight from Dover to Calais ;)

27 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

My last action that fix the issue was to move manually Orbx Libs entry in first place of my ProgramData/addons.cfg with [Package.0]

FranceVFR. I'm going to test right now both at the same time, a short VFR flight from Dover to Calais ;)

I uninstalled Orbx Libs completely and ran P3D..  I still had no trees (obviously!) but also had no autogen buildings, apart from the 3dm models.

This shows that P3D was reading the autogen files because the buildings were there.  The problem appear limited to vegetation autogen, but only specific parts.

When I reinstall Orbx Libs as package 35, I get my buildings back, but not the missing trees.

With other competing addons that introduce autogen being disabled, I have both the buildings and the trees.

I surmise there is a hierarchical issue concerning conflicting autogen tree definitions only.

Root cause of the problem is an autogen conflict with another scenery, which entirely explains why some users experienced a problem and others don't.  Simple solution as Roland identified is to either place Orbx Libs as package 0, or disable the autogen element to the competing scenery(s).

Just now, roland_lfor said:

For sure if different addon packages define autogen with identical GUID, it's a big problem.

Do you own FranceVFR sceneries ?

What are you other autogen-specific-addons ?

Haven't got any France VFR sceneries installed (although do own some)

Other addons I disabled were Aerosoft-Lukla - Mount Everest Extreme, and Digital Design EGGP

31 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Test done with FranceVFR entry in [Package.1] after the Orbx Libs in [Package.0].

Both autogen seems to be loaded an displayed completely, great!

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

@roland_lfor @Sascha Normann @Nick Cooper

Aerosoft Lukla added back in and trees disappeared again - we have found a culprit!

Fortunately both sceneries developed by the same person so shouldn't be too hard to identify if there's a fix for it or not.

Can I have my membership of the Orbx beta team now please? :D

Well done Kevin.

In my configuration Lukla scenery is active, but in [Package.4] and cause no issue.

3 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

In my configuration Lukla scenery is active, but in [Package.4] and cause no issue.

But does Lukla work ok? 

I've now moved my Orbx Libs to package 0 as you did with Lukla at package 35.  I'll fly around that later to see if there are any glaring problems.

Hello Kevin,

well done but this is not new news and apparently, the "same developer" has produced an update to prevent this.

Are you using its latest version?

This is the first report.

Not so much a beta  testing thing after all.:)

However, thank you for spending so much time on it today and in fact to everyone who has kindly contributed to this topic.

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Kevin,

well done but this is not new news and apparently, the "same developer" has produced an update to prevent this.

Are you using its latest version?

This is the first report.

Not so much a beta  testing thing after all.:)

However, thank you for spending so much time on it today and in fact to everyone who has kindly contributed to this topic.

Thanks Nick, but I beg to differ, we've now established between us the reason for the problem, in terms of addon package layering.  So we've co-operatively added a bit of info to the pool over and above what was there.  Good spot finding the older thread though, thanks! :P  All fixed, can mark this closed now...

Guys, kudos for cracking this nut on your own and my apologies I didn't think of this as an option earlier!

Yes, source of the problem was that the SDK may make developers assume that addon autogen entries can be added while this apparently isn't the case.

Besides Lukla and EGGP (this one was new to me) another scenery that was affected was Chania. Chania and Lukla have been fixed with updates previously.

There are propably more and it's tough to find the culprit because you don't know unless you see the bug in ANOTHER area than the one actually causing it...

Bests,

Sascha

2 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

Guys, kudos for cracking this nut on your own and my apologies I didn't think of this as an option earlier!

Yes, source of the problem was that the SDK may make developers assume that addon autogen entries can be added while this apparently isn't the case.

Besides Lukla and EGGP (this one was new to me) another scenery that was affected was Chania. Chania and Lukla have been fixed with updates previously.

There are propably more and it's tough to find the culprit because you don't know unless you see the bug in ANOTHER area than the one actually causing it...

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks Sascha, just noticed however, that while I have the trees back seemingly everywhere, I still don't see churches? :S

After the Trees issue, I have another one: some roof texture on several building models (mid-size) are missing, they are drawn full black.

So I have enabled the P3D ContentError.log to see which texture are involved.

Then I see that those missing textures are all inside autogen definition folder "\Orbx Libraries\ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base\". Texture files inside an autogen folder is really annoying... but for sure they can't be found here by P3D!

Then if you have this issue as well, 2 solutions available:

1. copy texture files .BMP and .DDS from the Autogen folder, to  "\Orbx Libraries\Texture"
  2. or, add the following entry inside \Orbx Libraries\Add-on.xml :
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base</Path>
    <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
  </AddOn.Component>

Archived