Back into Bruisiness.

Stillwater

After some days at Fraser Island´s wilderness ...

... we were to return back to the mainland. In the sim this means I already placed a plane at Hervey Bay. This was the first flight I made after NVIDIA´s driver update mid November - and the significantly increased sharpness was so astonishing, I had to take some more close ups.

tBTIARA.jpg

1HUbTAu.jpg

pK0QeJF.jpg

Off we go, crossing River Heads Road, ...

taKUXaP.jpg

... followed by some last looks at Hervey Bay, ...

ec5RUFm.jpg

gRnYkPC.jpg

... before we passed Maryborough...

4XpVPkK.jpg

... and Gympie, with its numerous (red) traffic lights.

nUj4xqw.jpg

The road winds down southwards, passing Noosa Heads, ...

9yIMjCI.jpg

... Caloundra, ...

ViL442m.jpg

... and the Glasshouse Mountains.

mfZPEb0.jpg

b0AYqP2.jpg

Caboolture airfield should be just next to the motorway, but I overlooked it!

Ksz00B5.jpg

Welcomed by the confusing roads of North Brisbane...

3Hn501w.jpg

... but we ignored YBBN that day.

PpW2sIV.jpg

Instead we spent some funny hours at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.

afNZQap.jpg

Great fun to my family, I think we made at least 2000 pictures on that day.

KKLuSTk.jpg

Archerfield (OZx) with some slight mesh issues was my virtual destination for this flight...

HMhfEfE.jpg

... though in real life we made a detour onto Mt. Coot-Tha ...

PkdSyIT.jpg

4qmhnT0.jpg

... before heading into Brisbane downtown for the evening.

YJRpJ8l.jpg

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I heard they smell nice, like mint.

I must say I have never been close enough to one to notice but they do actually smell like cough drops or eucalyptus.

Barely awake and I have learned something already today and this one I will not forget.

Thanks Jack for this info on one of our icons.

Of course we are thinking about the human tragedy that is unfolding in the bushfires but we must also spare a thought for the wildlife that has been decimated, so sad.

18 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Beautiful Gerold. Amazing clarity in you shots indeed. Nice trip.:)

Thank you Karl. As mentioned this was my first flight with the new NVIDIA drivers, and it really made a difference!

17 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Wow, these are great Gerold, enjoyed looking at them!!!!!!!!

Thanks John. It makes me happy to enjoy someone!

17 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

16 hours ago, adambar said:

Beautiful crisp clear shots Gerold! :)

Better than before with the new driver, Adam. An effect I have never seen before (and totally unexpected).

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Really nice as always Gerold, and I especially like the second screen shot!

Usually I do not post these close-ups, as they tend to get blurried. But this time it was different!

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A totally enjoyable selection of views from your trip Gerold.

Who can resist a beautiful Koala and an impressive building in the last view.

Thank you Martyn. I was unsure to post a cutie in a "man´s" forum, I expected everyone to prefer machines and oil here. But as you show even an Ozzie who might see them frequently likes this sweet part of nature. 

The whole city was enlightened during our walks, probably due to the Brissie Festival. Or did they just do it because of the famous visitors ;D?

15 hours ago, BradB said:

Fantastic post Gerold !! .

Thank you John!

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I must say I have never been close enough to one to notice but they do actually smell like cough drops or eucalyptus.

Barely awake and I have learned something already today and this one I will not forget.

Thanks Jack for this info on one of our icons.

Of course we are thinking about the human tragedy that is unfolding in the bushfires but we must also spare a thought for the wildlife that has been decimated, so sad.

We did not smell any mint even while cuddling them in the Sanctuary. BTW, probably these sanctuary are currently flowing over due to the fires reducing their habitats. Really showing a major problem for many wildlife animals, and this happens everywhere (see Borneo or Brazil).

9 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Very lovely shots of my home area thanks mate!

Thank you TT. You may probably add some more explanations or comparison shots. But our family was already happy enough to see some spots in the few days we had.

9 hours ago, olderndirt said:

You do get around - Oceana, the whole nine yards has always been on my bucket list.  

The time is right to do such travelling, and luckily we are still in shape to do all this. Together with some climbing (or simply sweating).

Thank you OnD!

16 hours ago, Stillwater said:

The time is right to do such travelling, and luckily we are still in shape to do all this. Together with some climbing (or simply sweating).

Thank you OnD!

Anything more than a dozen steps up is mountain climbing for me.

Hi Gerold,

You are a great ambassador for Hervey Bay.

Just let me point out to the others in the FS, ORBX community,  Hervey Bay is the "whale watching capital of the world".  This season, we had 30,000 Humpbacks in the bay, some were seen as far south as Kingfisher Bay Resort (shown in your shots).  The mothers call in here with their babies to rest up before their long journey back to Antarctica.

A group of researches come over from Hawaii to count and photograph them for identification.

The watching rules have been relaxed recently, and now you can get into the water with the whales, they are very gentle.

Unfortunately, the Queensland Government has incorporated Hervey Bay into the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and are charging tour boat operators exorbitant fees to enter the park, thus many boats have been sold off and tourism has dropped way off, 60%. Also, the story that the "Reef" is dead due to climate change is untrue, but again has had a big impact on tourism.  Here, on the southern reef, we have seen a 300% increase in coral cover over the last 3 years.

Think about visiting here, best climate in the world,  20 to 30 degrees day time temps (68F to 86F) all year round. Whale season, August to November.

BTW, Great shots. Sharpening makes a difference, use it myself.

Archived