Jump to content

TrueEarth Great Britain for P3Dv4 - all 3 regions releasing soon!!


Recommended Posts

I will be buying Central and North (and updating to v2 of South) as soon as my new PC build is complete this Christmas. It is not the most powerful PC on the planet, but it is significantly more powerful than the one I have been using for the past five years, so hopefully I will be able to enjoy TrueEarth GB at a new level of detail and performance 8)

 

On a side note......has that autogen exclusion problem short left of the runway 20 threshold been addressed when using TrueEarth GB South with the ORBx Southampton package?

Edited by Christopher Low
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello silentsage,

the installed sizes I see are, in round numbers:

 

South                 46 GB

Central               22 GB

North                 26 GB

TEGB libraries  12 GB

 

TEGB Libraries are required by all of the products but will only be installed once.

If a customer chooses to have only one part, then that part will have an extra 12GB

over and above its own size, but if the same customer then decides to add one or both

of the other parts, the size of the installation will rise only by the size of the part itself.

 

I understand that an existing version of TEGB South will be removed by the installer

and completely replaced by version 2 which is about 10GB smaller in itself than version 1.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Flygsidan said:

North is only 26 gb installed? Is that 1m/pixel or is this a 2m/pixel SD version?

 

There's no SD version for P3D. The resolution will be 0.0000106871 by 0.0000106871 degrees, which in TE GB North/Scotland (depending on latitude) roughly translates to a horizontal resolution of ~0.65 meters and a vertical resolution of ~1.19 meters. Visually not any different to what you know from TE GB South.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a closer look: Are there still green roads in some places which I found quite distracting in South v1? The second Leeds image makes me a bit unsure about this.

 

Kind regards, Michael

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, pmb said:

On a closer look: Are there still green roads in some places which I found quite distracting in South v1? The second Leeds image makes me a bit unsure about this.

 

Kind regards, Michael


The colour balancing used for the ortho imagery is not always perfect process and green-ish roads may occur in places. I am sure however that overall the imagery is well balanced across GB.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John Venema said:


The colour balancing used for the ortho imagery is not always perfect process and green-ish roads may occur in places. I am sure however that overall the imagery is well balanced across GB.

Thanks!

 

Kind regards, Michael

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Of course you can. They are completely separate products. I guess the only concern would be ORBx Cardiff Airport, which is (as far as I am aware) linked to the FTX Wales product?

I thought FTX GB included numerous ORBX-enhanced airports which you would loose when uninstalling the LC-based FTX GB sceneries?

 

Kind regards, Michael

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, pmb said:

I thought FTX GB included numerous ORBX-enhanced airports which you would loose when uninstalling the LC-based FTX GB sceneries?

 

The same upgraded airports will be delivered with TrueEarth Great Britain, so there's no need to worry about losing something.

 

As for For EGFF Cardiff, correct. The detailed airport only comes with  FTX Wales so if you want to keep it, you just need to keep FTX Wales installed (the FTX VFR scenery will disappear under TrueEarth but the airport will remain on top).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sascha Normann said:

 

The same upgraded airports will be delivered with TrueEarth Great Britain, so there's no need to worry about losing something.

 

As for For EGFF Cardiff, correct. The detailed airport only comes with  FTX Wales so if you want to keep it, you just need to keep FTX Wales installed (the FTX VFR scenery will disappear under TrueEarth but the airport will remain on top).

 

I found with TE South having it over FTX England deteriorated the performance. Maybe an option to purchase Cardiff separately would be useful and FOC for Wales owners for instance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Jamie,

the perfectly practical solution is to leave EGFF as it is, inside its own folder and with its own scenery

library entry and either deactivate EU Wales in the scenery library or manually remove it, if disk space is critical.

Although from a sales point of view, it is included in the EU Wales product, EGFF is a free standing airport that

does not require EU Wales to be installed, if there is a TEGB product in its place.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sascha Normann said:

 

The same upgraded airports will be delivered with TrueEarth Great Britain, so there's no need to worry about losing something.

 

As for For EGFF Cardiff, correct. The detailed airport only comes with  FTX Wales so if you want to keep it, you just need to keep FTX Wales installed (the FTX VFR scenery will disappear under TrueEarth but the airport will remain on top).

Thanks Sascha, good to know, that's an excellent solution. I'll also consider Nick's remark on Cardiff.

 

Kind regards, Michael

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jamie,

the perfectly practical solution is to leave EGFF as it is, inside its own folder and with its own scenery

library entry and either deactivate EU Wales in the scenery library or manually remove it, if disk space is critical.

Although from a sales point of view, it is included in the EU Wales product, EGFF is a free standing airport that

does not require EU Wales to be installed, if there is a TEGB product in its place.

 

Thanks Nick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before I had deinstalled EU Wales I made a copy of the EGFF folder and after installung TE south I put it back into the ORBX-folder with the EU airports. As far as I know there is no other place where ORBX EGFF resides so I have EGFF in is full beauty without having EU Wales behind.

 

Kai 

Edited by KaiUweWeiss
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a question, simply because I like flying in the correct seasons, although I suspect I would use this product for Spring and early Fall as well.

If I want Winter in the UK, would I simply have to uncheck/disable them in Orbx Central?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, pmb said:

On a closer look: Are there still green roads in some places which I found quite distracting in South v1? The second Leeds image makes me a bit unsure about this.

 

Kind regards, Michael

 

There are some greenish roads, but I think they are more than balanced out by:

a) the consistent colourisation of the scenery, unmatched by any UK PR product to date

b) the price, (sure it would be possible to mask out and recolour all the roads in the imagery, but the extra time and effort would likely mean the scenery was less profitable or would cost more)

I think the TE-GB S scenery came in for a lot of unjustified stick, as well as some fair constructive criticism.  This rebooted version sounds like it will address a lot of the latter and I'm very much looking forward to it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

 

The same upgraded airports will be delivered with TrueEarth Great Britain, so there's no need to worry about losing something.

 

As for For EGFF Cardiff, correct. The detailed airport only comes with  FTX Wales so if you want to keep it, you just need to keep FTX Wales installed (the FTX VFR scenery will disappear under TrueEarth but the airport will remain on top).

Thanks for taking the time to answer the question about EGFF.

 

Does this means that once I install GE South v2 I can disable the wales entries from scenery.cfg and just keep EGFF on top of GES v2?

 

Can I assume that FTX EGLC will also work in v2?

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jamie,

the perfectly practical solution is to leave EGFF as it is, inside its own folder and with its own scenery

library entry and either deactivate EU Wales in the scenery library or manually remove it, if disk space is critical.

Although from a sales point of view, it is included in the EU Wales product, EGFF is a free standing airport that

does not require EU Wales to be installed, if there is a TEGB product in its place.

 

You can assume that 

Quote

FTX EGLC will also work in v2

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello silentsage,

the installed sizes I see are, in round numbers:

 

South                 46 GB

Central               22 GB

North                 26 GB

TEGB libraries  12 GB

 

TEGB Libraries are required by all of the products but will only be installed once.

If a customer chooses to have only one part, then that part will have an extra 12GB

over and above its own size, but if the same customer then decides to add one or both

of the other parts, the size of the installation will rise only by the size of the part itself.

 

I understand that an existing version of TEGB South will be removed by the installer

and completely replaced by version 2 which is about 10GB smaller in itself than version 1.

 

 

Why are these figures so much smaller than the XP11 installation of TE Britain

 

Are we Sure that these numbers are not the download size numbers?? - and might be misleading.

 

Quote on Central ------  for 'space required for installed product'

South     127 GB

Central     78   GB

North     142  GB 

                347 GB

and borne out in my files - which shows 420 GB - which includes a small amount for 4 aircraft and the XP software

 

TE South for P3D stated - it needed at least 57 GB of disc space to be used for installation - it never quoted the final space

and I cant pick it out in my file of how much space was finally used - but I know I had to clear off many files to get the product installed.

Edited by John Heaton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Why are these figures so much smaller than the XP11 installation of TE Britain

 

Are we Sure that these numbers are not the download size numbers?? - and might be misleading.


As has been explained by Orbx previously, P3D has a much better system for compressing data in .bgl files.

Installed on my drive, the current TE GB South for P3D takes up only 57 GB.

That's why in P3D, unlike for XP, there is no need of TrueEarth HD vs SD versions.

 

Edited by F737NG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...