Global Vector

jacobmulder

There are several Airports in the North America, Alaska where I have since 16 December 2019 an Elevation problem, these are NOT Corrected when using the Run Auto-Configuration system in Vector.

When then trying to do a Manual Configuration by finding and selecting the  appropriate Airport ICAO such as PAKT or KYKM and KDLS, these ICAO can not be found in the AEC Is ENABLED list or the AEC DISABLED list, I have PAKT installed for many years and KYKM and KDLS are airports  within Global Airport Pack I also noticed that PAJN has the elevation problem and is also not in the AEC ENABLED list.

I have today purchased and installed  EGJA, Alderney and also there is the elevation not correct and is also not in the EAC ENABLED list, I have used the Run Auto-Configuration several times!!!

What could be the issue and how do I solve the problem.

Regards.

Jacob.

Hello, Jacob,

there is a simple rule, if an airport is not included

in the Vector database, there are no files for it and 

any elevation problem cannot be caused by Vector.

A much more common cause these days seems to be the addition of updated navigation data,

exacerbated by a recent change to P3D.

You will find a topic on Alderney below, which may help you with that problem and indeed your others.

I have  P3Dv4.4 not 4.5 but both Pakt and PAJN have been good for many years since I bought them in  in 2015  so why all of a sudden the elevation problem as I wrote before after December 16 2019.

Now back to Alderney EGJA. in E: Prepar3Dv4.4 / Scenery / World / Scenery I have the ADE_FTX_ENG_elevation_adjustment.BGL.disabled by_egja, is this the one I rename to what you suggest Nick as ADE_FTX_ENG_EGJA_elevation_adjustment.bgl.off

Thanks, Jacob                                                                                                                                                                                       

The only navigation data I use are the Airacs for Litle Navmap, Active Sky and PMDG Aircraft Nick, I have Removed Open LC North America Alaska / Canada as this has been Superseded by LC North America and South Alaska which I have installed.

This afternoon I have Uninstalled both South Alaska and Ketchikan (PAKT) and Juneau (PAJN) and both seem to be Ok again see Screen Shot of PAKT.

Can you also reply to my question regarding,  Alderney EGJA. in E: Prepar3Dv4.4 / Scenery / World / Scenery I have the ADE_FTX_ENG_elevation_adjustment.BGL.disabled by_egja, is this the one I rename to what you suggest Nick as ADE_FTX_ENG_EGJA_elevation_adjustment.bgl.off.

Have just checked Amberley and that seems to be ok as well now Nick, did not think that LC North America and South Alaska would have an effect on this,

however it is and are Computers, thanks for your help and have a great Christmas and New Year.

Regards, Jacob

2019-12-19_14-32-41-774.jpg

2019-12-19_14-39-44-24.jpg

Archived