An early xmas present for you all! - Alderney at a budget price AND 50% OFF!

EGJA Alderney is on short finals!

63-a4714d195fe7c1e6cb8dd03a98c4de09.jpg

63-1807bd84e5ffaef82e14d1e3ca8283a9.jpg

63-ddd4f94ed559bfd27d7509b6a205d9c4.jpg

63-84d539d2bd2a96728e0707f60ebe9266.jpg

63-5de53c35d8b9cd1c7fcfe622e337f798.jpg

63-0ec64ba85f11cd79b852738078a958a5.jpg

63-e462aa048b51a6e277673dbbd221837c.jpg

63-1a9dae6bc2b61015423afdbeefefd068.jpg

63-ca808996aaea475c9753c164db78b5b3.jpg

63-f136df5cfff1a21bc18cd76008501795.jpg

63-096c34673e831b4a2aa0cfac4084b06e.jpg

63-a6429c7b863f2059dba151d673e8851d.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: Whilst every attempt has been made to port the original Earth Simulations product over to P3Dv4, there are some features missing due to the inefficiency of the original 3D models and how they were implemented originally. Also many of the source materials were not organised in source folders correctly and files were missing meaning some features may be absent. Finally, the imagery we have licensed is from a different supplier, as we were not able to to transfer the original imagery license that was purchased by ES for their version. This means the imagery is not as crisp as the original, but still quite sufficient.

To compensate for these issues with the porting, we have decided to release this as an ultra affordable budget destination at only AU$14.95 (approx £7.50, €9, USD$10)

Furthermore, as an early xmas present for you all, the product will be release into the end-of-year sale at a further 50% off! (AUD$7.50, £3.75, €4.50 and USD$5)!!

So for less than the price of an Uber you can make a nice hop from EGHI Southampton and back again :) 

Look for Emmsie's final shots very soon.

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

there are some features missing due to the inefficiency of the original 3D models and how they were implemented originally.

Also many of the source materials were not organised in source folders correctly and files were missing meaning some features may be absent.

Finally, the imagery we have licensed is from a different supplier, as we were not able to to transfer the original imagery license that was purchased by ES for their version. This means the imagery is not as crisp as the original, but still quite sufficient.

Can you tell us which features 'may' be missing please? What's the difference in imagery resolution please?

4 hours ago, Patster-NZ said:

If there are 'missing items', how will we know? Will we actually care?

People may have used the original ES scenery. some features were more obvious than others.  Unless you know what is missing, it's impossible to know how relevant they may be to anyone. It is highly subjective ofc!  My question wasn't a moan at all as I'll undoubtedly pick it up regardless, I was just curious :)

Bonzer, John!

How did you know I like hopping around this set of historic, charismatic (and monied) islands?

So: Birmingham-Southampton-Alderney ………......…..Vertx DA62 should look the part ….it's a 'beaut'!

Rod EGBB

XXXX        XXXX      XXXX     XXXX  …......………………………………………………...…………. .. … … ._______________________________

Hi,

Thank you for still considering us FSX users with this!   A big thank you!

If you do Guernsey and Jersey too, I will definately drop the UK2000 scenery version of Jersey and buy yours!

Thank you again John.   And it was great to see you at Cosford!

Take care,

regards,

Lee

I just bought and installed Alderney into my system...what a beautiful add-on this is! The scenery, town buildings and layout, airport features, even horses corralled near the airport! Breathtaking and the performance on my old system is spectacular.

8 minutes ago, Airtrooper said:

Are the textures seasonal  please (I don't believe the Earth Simulations original was)?

What is the resolution (GSD) of the orthophotography (ground textures)?

Many thanks :)

It was, resolution of original ES scenery was 30cm pp, first time it was done in FSX

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

It was, resolution of original ES scenery was 30cm pp, first time it was done in FSX

Ah, my mistake! ORBX state they had to use different orthos though, due to licensing, so I wonder if the "new" version is still 30cm and seasonal?

52 minutes ago, Airtrooper said:

Ah, my mistake! ORBX state they had to use different orthos though, due to licensing, so I wonder if the "new" version is still 30cm and seasonal?

I very much doubt it, the origin imagery was licenced from the Jersey government.  I attempted years ago to source similar imagery to complete a Jersey scenery but the terms and conditions insisted upon wereruinous, so I completely understand why Orbx used different imagery.  I think they used 1mpp...

Archived