River elevation Kaitumälven (Sweden)

Peter w

Hi,

Has anyone ever noticed this? The river Kaitumälven south of Kiruna, sinks for a few kilometers in a 'canyon'. To the west and to the east of it, it runs perfectly, and the lakes around also have the right elevation. I checked it with different meshes, they had no influence on it

2019-12-6_11-2-46-2558nkh9.png

Hello Peter,

I have the same mesh issue, using default scenery for the area.
I am using FSX default with FTXGlobal base texture enhancement with FreeMeshX, though I don't know wether FMX covers this area with higher resolution mesh. Quite a few mesh anomalies in this area raised lakes, trenches and potholes. I wonder if FTXVector + OLC_EU and Pilots 2010 Mesh has a better representation for the river and lakes.
I would think perhaps yes, but maybe staff can confirm if you need to configure vector or your scenery library.

Kaitumalven-River-elevation.jpg

Kaitumalven-Overhead.jpg

On 12/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, Peter w said:

Oh, that exceeds my abilities. Maybe another member can help.

Regards Peter

Try these files - they fixed it on mine.  Place them somewhere in your scenery library above the Vector entries.  Let me know if you still notice any potholes along this section of river.

CVX_5307_SBX_CMS.BGL CVX_5308_SBX_CMS.BGL

14 hours ago, Sabretooth78 said:

Try these files - they fixed it on mine.  Place them somewhere in your scenery library above the Vector entries.  Let me know if you still notice any potholes along this section of river.

CVX_5307_SBX_CMS.BGL 7.37 kB · 3 downloads CVX_5308_SBX_CMS.BGL 5.32 kB · 3 downloads

They fixed it! thank you very much again. Kiruna approach now is a pleasure again.

I flew the kaitum river a bit further westbound, and found another canyon, but not that big.

image.thumb.png.6b6115ad9a9baad90a434aec5b8db671.png

Just saying thankyou Sabretooth78, although the corrections you've made are for Vector & OLC_EU, they also seem to work to some degree for default FSX. While the canyon is now flattened in the area of the pictures, what I notice is the default shorelines mismatch, (they don't really bother me because FSX has always had these, although conforming more to the default shoreline shape). Vector shoreline and river course would be more in line with reality and your elevation adjusted  .bgl's. 

To the SouthEast the flattens work well, but to the West there are still some canyons, there is also one section where the river shorelines are traced but with no water. Some elevated lakes in the vicinity but I guess having Vector would correct many of these.

Archived