ORBX Base Textures

Hello guys it’s me again, I’m running P3D V 4.5 with latest hot fix and I’m using ORBX Central. I’m curious to know if ORBX Global textures are installed in the P3D textures folder. Reason asking is that after installing ORBX Base, verifying files I have no ORBX base textures in my sim. Basically ORBX central is not installing the textures. I loaded up a default flight at New York’s La Gaurdia and there’s no autogen only the sky scrapers. Any help is greatly appreciated 

12 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi, have you installed the Orbx Libraries, and made sure they are installed to the simulator ORBX folder, not a separate external folder?

Ok maybe that may be my issue, it’s late here where I am tonight so I’ll check this out tomorrow and report back. Where would I find the ORBX Libraries folder? When I go to ORBX it says install libraries but it doesn’t give me the option to choose the ORBX folder. It’s showing that I have FTX Libraries in my scenery menu in P3D

Good day Doug I done everything that had to be done this morning with regards to installing everything into the P3D root folder and everything is working fine except global. I can’t understand what’s going on there I mean all my regions are working fine like Open LC, Northern California, etc but I go to a default location where there should only be Global textures and there is none. I also uninstalled the P3D scenery module and reinstalled it to see if there was an issue with that then I reinstalled global again and it’s still not showing. I can’t remember if I had this issue with FTX Central 3 or not. I really hope I don’t have to do a complete reinstall as I was planning on saving that for a V5 if there is one lol. Have a good day. 

12 hours ago, Navigator16 said:

I go to a default location where there should only be Global textures and there is none.

What does this mean exactly? Maybe please post a couple screenshots with coordinates from the shift+z keys so we could compare..

7 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

What does this mean exactly? Maybe please post a couple screenshots with coordinates from the shift+z keys so we could compare..

Like in the Fort McMurray, Alberta area for an example I got no autogen I’ll post a screen shot later to show you. I’m sure Fort McMurray uses just Global Textures or is it used with Northern Rocky Mountain textures. I had  the city there before ORBX Central and now the autogen is gone. I’ll post the pic later when I get off work. 

My understanding is that Global Base involves replacing default textures and doesn't have anything to do with autogen.  Since you say you have installed the Orbx Libs, I suspect you haven't installed ObjectFlow yet.  It doesn't look like that possibility has been mentioned yet.  I'm sure Doug will weigh in here eventually, but that's my suggestion.

Thanks Stew

I never imagined Objectflow being responsible for all autogen, but it is certainly worth confirming it is installed correctly.

So, @Navigator16You will need to go to settings/Libraries and create a new Library in a location of your choosing, this is required for the installation of ObjectFlow 2 for Orbx Central, then it will be installed and use 7mb of space in that new folder, and everything will work properly. You do not need to use this folder for anything else, Orbx Central will then give you the choice to install your products to that folder or to the root simulator folder.

Could you also, Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

4 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks Stew

I never imagined Objectflow being responsible for all autogen, but it is certainly worth confirming it is installed correctly.

So, @Navigator16You will need to go to settings/Libraries and create a new Library in a location of your choosing, this is required for the installation of ObjectFlow 2 for Orbx Central, then it will be installed and use 7mb of space in that new folder, and everything will work properly. You do not need to use this folder for anything else, Orbx Central will then give you the choice to install your products to that folder or to the root simulator folder.

Could you also, Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

I’ve already have that done with the library folder, the only two things that are in there is Object flow and ORBX Buildings. I’m upload my scenery CFG shortly 

Thanks

I see you Orbx Libraries are too low in the scenery library order, they should be at the top of the Orbx block, then you may have to reset the insertion point in Orbx Central to resemble the description below. 

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Hello Navigator 16.

Objectflow has indeed nothing to do with autogen.

It is the means by which developers are able to control windsocks

and enable scenery objects to display at certain times and not at others.

For example, Jarrad uses it to display snow covered roofs in winter, Misha

uses it to add a barbeque at Sekiu in summer on saturdays.

I do understand that even if all the autogen is in place, unless there are matching

autogen descriptions, that autogen will not show.

The art of autogen seems to be something of a Pandora's Box and it is possible for one

developer to add to or amend autogen descriptions that can exclude another developer's

autogen.

I am unable to say for certain what is happening here but it seems somehow odd that the

Orbx Global autogen is missing, whereas the Orbx regional autogen is seemingly present.

I understand that the Orbx autogen descriptions are written in during the installation of the 

Orbx Libraries, something which you apparently had trouble with.

I would suggest that if they are not installed into the P3D folder, as Doug suggested some time ago,

that they are uninstall and installed there.

If they really are installed, verify files should have the same effect.

Ok so after all that Global is still not working. My regions are working fine so I’ll just keep flying around the regions until another update comes out from LM or whatever. In the meantime if yourselves come up with any possible solution not mentioned please inform me. Maybe in the future I’ll do a clean install I just don’t have time to be at it at the moment. Thanks again 

38 minutes ago, Navigator16 said:

Thanks for the answers guys I’ll try what Doug mentioned above and report back. I normally use Sim Starter to arrange my scenery CFG would that tool cause anything abnormal?

I use SimStarter, too, and have had few, if any, problems using it to arrange my scenery, both 3rd-party addons and Orbx stuff.  The important tool, that being said however, is the insertion point tool in Orbx Central.  Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I use SimStarter, too, and have had few, if any, problems using it to arrange my scenery, both 3rd-party addons and Orbx stuff.  The important tool, that being said however, is the insertion point tool in Orbx Central.  Good luck!

Yeah Sim Starter is a great tool I use it for other stuff as well not just scenery. But yeah I set everything up with insertion points like Doug mentioned. Who knows Global may just come back to life some day haha if it do I’ll certainly let you guys know happy flying. 

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it is just the system that was used before the new system.

You could try it.

Ok I’ll give a go see what happens. I flew around England this morning with just Europe open LC and again no houses or buildings just some sky scrapers. I went ahead and installed the England region and everything’s there. This is one puzzling  problem  that’s for sure.

Ok ORBX team I moved back to FTX Central after doing a complete clean install of all my ORBX sceneries my autogen is back and everything’s back to normal. So hopefully this thread will help the other simmers out there. I want to say thanks to you the ORBX team for helping me out it’s greatly appreciated. ORBX central needs to be fixed before I move ahead thanks again 

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks for the feedback and I am sorry that we could not help you more.

There is something the matter with autogen but not normally to the extent

that you found and I am told that the matter is being investigated.

No problem Nick have a great day or evening wherever you are 

Archived