Announcing EGJA Alderney - The EarthSimulations Classic reborn for FSX/P3D!

EXPLORE THE ENGLISH CHANNEL!

The classic Earth Simulations Alderney has now been wonderfully brought to back to life and rebirthed for FSX and Prepar3D.

This version is a port of the original with a brand new airport made by the Turbulent Aviation team including a completely updated new airport terminal by Russ White. Everything inside the airport fence is incredible 7cm/pixel imagery and hand-painted.

Immerse yourself in all the little details that made this classic title such a delight to fly into and over. Best of all, the autogen has been completely optimised and overhauled so the performance is super smooth and you can set all sliders to max to really enjoy the scenery as it was intended.

We have included the animated wildlife and sounds from the original version, and optimised all the 3D models for higher efficiency.

FEATURES

• 15cm ortho imagery, and 7cm inside the airport fence
  • 1m elevation mesh
  • Beautiful coastlines and shores
  • Detailed water features
  • Custom UK autogen houses
  • Faithful to the original Earth Simulations classic
  • Dozens of custom POI 3D models
  • Brand new airport modeled by Russ White
  • HD ground poly
  • Includes original sound pack
  • Animated wildlife
  • Great performance

PLEASE NOTE: Whilst every attempt has been made to port the original Earth Simulations product over to P3Dv4, there are some features missing due to the inefficiency of the original 3D models and how they were implemented originally. Also many of the source materials were not organised in source folders correctly meaning some features may be missing. Finally, the imagery we are using is from a different supplier, as we were not able to to transfer the original imagery license that was purchased by ES for their version. This means the imagery is not as crisp as the original, but still quite sufficient.

To compensate for these issues with the porting, we have decided to release this as an ultra affordable budget destination at only AU$14.95 (approx £7.50, €9, USD$10)

Furthermore, as an early xmas present for you all, the product will be release into the end-of-year sale at a further 50% off! (AUD$7.50, £3.75, €4.50 and USD$5)!!

63-cfa0bc16d9364a05e4e00ded3a7c477e.jpg

63-02aeb6adb08f5ac00a502afdf17ba704.jpg

63-1f76ce34d4e7f98575a97ddb0483dba6.jpg

63-93bff547992adad1e93322e9ac05f44a.jpg

63-2bd97a8751d9b360236d0e47619d1fc0.jpg

63-0ebf7e1d4f3f7e015f47c58f15a31197.jpg

63-967f2e0558d18c06695f75ca7ed9ce06.jpg

63-35aaaf2863f5c787715a9597fb3d843d.jpg

63-260fa459beec8ee0029a8a91e7ba698a.jpg

63-c92057563da08fa22ce04b0ecc45ccaf.jpg

63-df77cf41e84050e834835282f17aaba0.jpg

63-a2fff76d5c303875b64ae4d1e7d6bdb2.jpg

63-7ad76e2db88db441e3d52c295e30752d.jpg

EGJA Alderney is in late beta testing and will soon be on short finals.

Other Orbx Channel Islands destinations based on the Earth Simulations originals also planned for 2020

Whimsical location that looks to have been very well done.

I like the little touches, such as the rust on the bollards.

Looks like a nice flight out of EGLC for STOL passenger, & GA aircraft.

I have to admit that I thought Alderney was somewhere off Scotland.

Ignorance is bliss.

Need to find some Aurigny Air liveries.

TTM

I had Earth Simulation's Alderney and Guernsey  of the Channel Isles  in fsx which I am  looking forward to  flying to these Island again. Will you be doing Jersey and Isle of Man as well? I hope you plan on them also....

Good morning everyone,

18 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

There's regular flights out of EGHI so that might be a better start point!

17 hours ago, Kev D said:

Excellent!  Will it be eventually available for X-Plane?

5 hours ago, 1849 said:

I had Earth Simulation's Alderney and Guernsey  of the Channel Isles  in fsx which I am  looking forward to  flying to these Island again. Will you be doing Jersey and Isle of Man as well? I hope you plan on them also....

Two questions with the same answer. At the moment Jersey and Guernsey are on the list for future projects but we have no timeframe for when they might be started as they are obviously both very big commitments. Given the X-Plane 11 1x1 tile limitations, we can't make Alderney available for XP until the rest of the Channel Islands are complete as the three main islands are on a single tile.

12 hours ago, gaab said:

Seasons or not seasons ?

Thanks to specify clearly for all new Prepar3D productions.

I have the same question for KTIW Tacoma Narrows.

Gérard

EGJA for FSX/P3D is seasoned, yes. (So is KTIW!). 

This one has been a long time coming and we're excited to bring it to you!!

Greg

5 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Good morning everyone,

There's regular flights out of EGHI so that might be a better start point!

Two questions with the same answer. At the moment Jersey and Guernsey are on the list for future projects but we have no timeframe for when they might be started as they are obviously both very big commitments. Given the X-Plane 11 1x1 tile limitations, we can't make Alderney available for XP until the rest of the Channel Islands are complete as the three main islands are on a single tile.

EGJA for FSX/P3D is seasoned, yes. (So is KTIW!). 

This one has been a long time coming and we're excited to bring it to you!!

Greg

Thanks for the answers Greg.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one looking forward to the complete channel islands in XP. Can we expect to see the Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and even Ireland also in XP at some point hopefully next year to complete the British Isles? 

Two questions with the same answer. At the moment Jersey and Guernsey are on the list for future projects but we have no timeframe for when they might be started as they are obviously both very big commitments.

I am not exactly optimistic that we will ever see Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man for P3D v4 if development on them has not even started yet. Too much uncertainty in the market with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator on the horizon.

3 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

Thanks for the answers Greg.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one looking forward to the complete channel islands in XP. Can we expect to see the Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and even Ireland also in XP at some point hopefully next year to complete the British Isles? 

I second the call for an update to Scilly. The TE version was a disappointment. You can, just, get the Earth Sim version working in P3Dv4, but a native update, with the correct runways and also a conversion to XP will definitely be welcome!

On 12/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Whimsical location that looks to have been very well done.

I like the little touches, such as the rust on the bollards.

I have to admit that I thought Alderney was somewhere off Scotland.

Ignorance is bliss.

Need to find some Aurigny Air liveries.

TTM

Why is Alderney whimsical?

Archived