Monument Valley Flight Plan

Maneville

Hi Maneville

Nick's suggestion is one great way of getting started in this wonderful scenery area.  But another fun way is to fly into the area, landing at Monument Valley Airport (UT25).  You can start from the east, at Four Corners (KFMN) and fly into the area to the West.  Then go on to Page (KPGA), then on to Marble Canyon (L41), and end at Grand Canyon (KGCN).  These are all ORBX freeware airports, and create a neat scenic tour. You can even continue on to Sedona (KSEZ), which is a great ORBX payware airport well worth adding while on sale if you don't have it. Of course circle around and enjoy the sights.  You can just as well do this flight of series of flights in the opposite direction.  Look at Skyvector.com, and/or VFRmap.com for further information.

Oh and at Monument Valley plan to land South and take off to the North, regardless of the wind.  When you get there you'Il see why.

Happy flying! This is great scenery.

Ken

I quite agree, but a stop at Marble Canyon (L41) along the way provides GREAT canyon scenery, and a really challenging approach and landing.   Take a look at this video by Josh Flowers Mr. Aviation 101:

The ORBX freeware scenery captures this little airport pretty well, and the runway, although fairly long, it is narrow.  Of course I'm assuming you're not trying to fly this in a B737.  A C172 or 182, Piper would be fine.  I fly a Mooney Bravo (M20M) and can do these little airports just fine, but anything that requires a runway length of over 2600 feet may have a problem.  if you fly this in warmer weather take into account density altitude too.  But again, this is great western US scenery;  Deserts, mountains, and canyons.  There is so much in this area, explore and enjoy!

(And if you don't have it, Sedona AZ [KSEZ] is worth it, especially on sale)!

Hello Gentlemen

I have just bought Sedona and will test it very soon

I have been on the Skyvector site and made some flight plans

So now, I have to fly!

Again : does the ORBX company plna to build sceneries for France ?

Thank you again for your help

While we're talking about this wonderful part of the world, so beautifully depicted by ORBX, here are two more REAL WORLD flights into a couple of these airports:

From San Marcos TX to Sedona, AZ, then up to Monument Valley:

From there Josh and his friend went up to Boise, ID.  In this segment they fly south to Page, AZ, and then Marble Canyon, all airports and scenery discussed in this thread:

Here, I'll leave it.  For other real world flights that can be followed on ORBX Land, see Josh's channel Aviation101.

Enjoy.

Ken

14 hours ago, Maneville said:

Hello Gentlemen

I have just bought Sedona and will test it very soon

I have been on the Skyvector site and made some flight plans

So now, I have to fly!

Again : does the ORBX company plna to build sceneries for France ?

Thank you again for your help

Orbx has already relessed a scenery for France, namely Courchevelle Altiport.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Monument Valley Flight Plan

Archived