M1, A1, S57

Stillwater

After finally finding the rental car station at the end of the previous post ...

... we went on, using the motorways named in the title. Since I was the driver, there´ll be no real life photos in this post. It was already complicated enough for me to protect the wipers from getting totally worn whenever I had to change lines or directions...

Easier was the flight out of blurry Brisbane...

HXmCCQF.jpg

rzZFYI5.jpg

... to the confusing intersections of Moreton Drive into the M1, ...

YNcVnE2.jpg

... along the Boondall Wetlands ...

RElRaYd.jpg

... and then merging with the M3 into Bruce Highway.

8wOZ1dv.jpg

Many options for a stop in Orbx/OZx lands: Passing Redcliffe, ...

1C53uoV.jpg

... Caboolture, ...

xCCvJn0.jpg

... the Glasshouse Mountains ...

8zrVJvd.jpg

... and Caloundra.

jSe9SgF.jpg

It is nice to see the roads modeled in 3D, ...

G6Xzu6O.jpg

... but not so nice to see Gympies runway also modeled in "3D".

fsLscSB.jpg

The city itself has a remarkable number of traffic lights, all in red of course. Finally we passed them ...

IQOLdAw.jpg

... to the settlements of Hervey Bay.

aZefMAn.jpg

Uranagan below. Can you see the 16 squares of the sunshades left from the middle, just next to the park? That is the supermarket where we grabbed some food for the next leg, wait...

9UhrAtc.jpg

With this vehicle we just went downwind...

DMw9etG.jpg

... into YHBA. The road below us is Booral Road. I was excited to see the airport from the road, but my family did not react quick enough to take a picture! We might have to come back...

XFqaDYH.jpg

Touchdown. Stay tuned.

D6nduVy.jpg

A wonderful series of views Gerold and an interesting story with your experiences.:)

How good is the scenery when you can pick out shops you have visited!:lol:

It is frustrating when you are having to drive and so many photogenic opportunities are passing for the only time.:(

The only thing missing is the standard afternoon car accident on the M1 backing traffic up to the airport :lol:

If you hadn’t turned off to the Bruce Highway, but followed Deagon deviation to Redcliffe then the Redcliffe aerodrome, you would have covered my afternoon commute home from work :o

Great series of pics though. Loved them.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:45 PM, JOE DYGAN said:

I enjoyed this trip. Cool plane and texture too !

Thanks !

Cheers :D !

Thank you for the comments, Joe!

On 11/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:53 PM, oldboy43 said:

Thank you Gerold, very nice shots.

cheers

Karoly

My pleasure, Karoly...!

On 11/27/2019 at 8:37 PM, bernd1151 said:

Very nice flight and cool looking plane, Gerold

Low and slow, as the scenery deserves... ;)

On 11/27/2019 at 8:51 PM, BradB said:

Outstanding shots Gerold !! .

Thank you John!

21 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Top set of shots

John

And you, John, thank you as well!

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Nicely done Gerold! :)

Sorry for no real pics this time, I´ll improve!

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Gerold but how did you know all these places?  I'd need something like Little Nav Map to know all these.

Thank you jack. Knowing these places is easy, when you have been driving there for 3 hours... The gaps I would close with Plan-G, bit Navmap can do it as well.

11 hours ago, ftwd said:

The only thing missing is the standard afternoon car accident on the M1 backing traffic up to the airport :lol:

If you hadn’t turned off to the Bruce Highway, but followed Deagon deviation to Redcliffe then the Redcliffe aerodrome, you would have covered my afternoon commute home from work :o

Great series of pics though. Loved them.

I did know some forum members live along that way, at least from North Brissie to Noosa. But life is too short (and my family would not be totally fascinated by simmers talk, I guess).

Lovely to hear I came through your backyard!

20 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful series of views Gerold and an interesting story with your experiences.:)

How good is the scenery when you can pick out shops you have visited!:lol:

It is frustrating when you are having to drive and so many photogenic opportunities are passing for the only time.:(

Thanks Martyn. Indeed the local sceneries like Cairns, Alice and here Hervey Bay are totally exciting (or a place for geographic education). I can even tell you which roads in Cairns had been changed...

Sometimes you need to carry memories in your head, even though we travelled with 4 cameras and 5 mobiles... :D

Archived