Chichagof Island, the bear facts.

VH-KDK

On 11/27/2019 at 12:55 AM, lifejogger said:

Nice shot and picture.  I need to take my wife to that island because every time we go to the mountains she wants to see a bear.  We didn't even see a bear in Yellowstone National Park this last summer,

Thanks John. We went on a bear searching trip but the only bear we saw was next to the car park of the visitor centre while we were waiting in the bus:rolleyes:. He was very quickly hustled away by a posse of staff. There were some nice trails in that area but I decided not to go on them when we got back as I didn't want to get that close to a Grizzly.:ph34r::o:lol:

On 11/27/2019 at 1:09 AM, BradB said:

So where are the bear's Martyn , I thought for sure you would have a picture with you and a Grizzly . Like this guy :

John

Good one John, I think if got kicked there and had my lunch stolen, I would be grizzly too.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:14 AM, Stillwater said:

I visit Crocodile country, and you go hiking with the bears. This forum seems to be a place of crazy characters.

Just as long as we are happy and safe Gerold, we have both just  visited wonderful parts of the world.

Lets hope we can keep this part of the forum a great place to visit too!;)

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shots and stuff Martyn.  I never knew that either, that’s really interesting.  When I hiked in New Hampshire I saw a lot of Loons :wacko:

We get lots of Loons at the Market Place shopping centre but no water birds!:lol:

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Been to Hoonah and Tenakee Springs with a plane but never ventured past the town.  Coastal southeast is loaded with bear and none are friendly.

Bears are like that.

I have only been to Hoonah by ship!B)

Archived