MSFS 2020 News

Captain Lars

6 hours ago, Mawson said:

Based on the public roadmap of MSFS 2020 its still a very basic simulator if they don't deliver a high fidelity helicopter , glider and fast jets along with VR...

...but my concern is if they are not at least on the beta...

Not sure what you are talking about. Is ist just the lack of VR or a heli you are moaning about? Cause MSFS 2020 will have jets included, namely the A30, the B747 and a Citation. In one of the preview videos one can also see a glider cockpit very briefly.

And beta will start in July.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, wolfko said:

Not sure what you are talking about. Is ist just the lack of VR or a heli you are moaning about? Cause MSFS 2020 will have jets included, namely the A30, the B747 and a Citation. In one of the preview videos one can also see a glider cockpit very briefly.

And beta will start in July.

The public Alpha information says there is no Vr , no Helicopters, no gliders and no fast jets and I am not moaning I am stating a public fact. You can speculate on whether they will be or wont be included in the future but it is only speculation based on a wishlist. I have seen comments about helicopters and VR being added at a later date after release but again it is not anything  more firm  than speculation as to when and how good the aerodynamic modelling will be . 

A fast jet is generally what a fighter aircraft or other supersonic aircraft is referred and the current stable includes no fast jets and so far as a video of a glider again it is pure speculation as it may be a glider in the video but this does not mean it has the aerodynamic modelling of a glider.  A fast jet is certainly not a B747 or an A 320 (which I think you meant with A30?) and the Citation is in the Video but is not a listed aircraft on the fleet.

The current list of aircraft being promoted by MSFS does not include any fast jets ( fighters /supersonic ) and certainly does not include a glider or a Citation, though I have seen them in videos but to say they will be included in a release is still speculative.

I wont be supporting the product at release or into the future unless is includes VR and Helicopters as even cottage made simulators like Aerofly  Fs2 can manage amazing VR visuals and probably the best helicopter set of aerodynamics in a simulator.

18 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Well, the new XBox is more powerful than the 97% of pcs registered now on Steam, even if they register also office pcs that are far from a gaming pc. This time the 5th consoles seems to be really enough powerful, with some advantages too, according to me, like the price respect to a pc of the same level (maybe a i9 with a RTX 2080 onboard and with a 1 TB NVMe hard disk).

The other advantage is that you are much more comfortable to play, i ceased to play on the pc since many years, i like more to play games with the consoles, except for the VR experience that for now is negative due to the low resolution and the motion sickness that i suffer, expeciallly with particular games.

That's a shame you get VR Motion sickness as it is very immersive and to me I only use VR for my sims as going back to a flat screen would be like going back to cathode ray tube flat screens. I think the resolution now is excellent and HD in each eye is to me more than acceptable and certainly matches my old 3 screen setup . Maybe you have not used the newer generation VR?

Again the problem with X Box is that you will be limited to MSFS2020 and in my opinion it does not have the breadth of aircraft types that would interest me enough to buy into this franchise.

"Again the problem with X Box is that you will be limited to MSFS2020 "--------  'does not include any fast jets ( fighters /supersonic )" 

Not quite true Mawson - On my X Box One X -  the current model - I play the flight sim - "Ace Combat Seven" - which contains some very fast fighter Jets

and is included in my subscription of $10/month - choice of 100 game pass - and which Retails at $ A75 and the full series at $A127.00 - all on separate setup -

at 4K res and HDR10 x 43"-and quadraphonic sound. I can't get it on my PC game pass (included in my$10)  - because my PC isnt quite up to spec

BEE yewti full!! :D

28 minutes ago, Mawson said:

That's a shame you get VR Motion sickness as it is very immersive and to me I only use VR for my sims as going back to a flat screen would be like going back to cathode ray tube flat screens. I think the resolution now is excellent and HD in each eye is to me more than acceptable and certainly matches my old 3 screen setup . Maybe you have not used the newer generation VR?

Again the problem with X Box is that you will be limited to MSFS2020 and in my opinion it does not have the breadth of aircraft types that would interest me enough to buy into this franchise.

Yes, the VR is cool. I used VR with the PS4, but i know that's not like to have an oculus rift :) They said anyway that with these new consoles, also the VR experience will be improved about the resolution, for sure if you see much better inside the visor, it's possible that also the motion sickness is reduced, don't know. If you wear glasses is more complicated to spend long sessions.

The number of aircrafts available is important for sure for a good simulation, anyway, at least for me, since i have the other simulators on the pc, it would be like to add something to my experience, i don't think that this simulator will obscure all the Others, so it would be a thing more, that i can play relaxing myself when i like to make a flight sitting on my sofa :P

11 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

"Again the problem with X Box is that you will be limited to MSFS2020 "--------  'does not include any fast jets ( fighters /supersonic )" 

Not quite true Mawson - On my X Box One X -  the current model - I play the flight sim - "Ace Combat Seven" - which contains some very fast fighter Jets

and is included in my subscription of $10/month - choice of 100 game pass - and which Retails at $ A75 and the full series at $A127.00 - all on separate setup -

at 4K res and HDR10 x 43"-and quadraphonic sound. I can't get it on my PC game pass (included in my$10)  - because my PC isnt quite up to spec

BEE yewti full!! :D

i have it too on my ps4, very cool game for fast actions, i like it.

18 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

i have it too on my ps4, very cool game for fast actions, i like it.

I tried it on my sons PS4 it's an arcade game more than a simulation of real aircraft performance and systems. People that enjoy fast jet simming are not always looking for combat as I like my Milviz F 4  as an aircraft rather than a combat scenario.  I was hoping MSFS 2020 would deliver a lot more than the limited range of ac that now that it appears they are probably going to be Beta testing next. I guess the Beta might surprise us with VR and the missing helicopters but I doubt it.

On 5/21/2020 at 7:37 PM, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Yes, the VR is cool. I used VR with the PS4, but i know that's not like to have an oculus rift :) They said anyway that with these new consoles, also the VR experience will be improved about the resolution, for sure if you see much better inside the visor, it's possible that also the motion sickness is reduced, don't know. If you wear glasses is more complicated to spend long sessions.

The number of aircrafts available is important for sure for a good simulation, anyway, at least for me, since i have the other simulators on the pc, it would be like to add something to my experience, i don't think that this simulator will obscure all the Others, so it would be a thing more, that i can play relaxing myself when i like to make a flight sitting on my sofa :P

Maurizio, I’ve got the VR headset for the PS4 (PSVR). Trust me, a headset like the Rift S with a good gaming PC is in a very different league. 

Best thing ever to happen in flightsim, and with P3Dv5 I can now run TrueEarth properly.

Drop in a give my Rift S a try with my VR flight setup next time you’re passing by Port Hedland!

11 hours ago, Mawson said:

I tried it on my sons PS4 it's an arcade game more than a simulation of real aircraft performance and systems. People that enjoy fast jet simming are not always looking for combat as I like my Milviz F 4  as an aircraft rather than a combat scenario.  I was hoping MSFS 2020 would deliver a lot more than the limited range of ac that now that it appears they are probably going to be Beta testing next. I guess the Beta might surprise us with VR and the missing helicopters but I doubt it.

Yes, it's more arcade than a simulator for sure, but very fast and smooth with a good graphic.

11 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Yes, it's more arcade than a simulator for sure, but very fast and smooth with a good graphic.

Rob said - People that enjoy fast jet simming -

I often wonder why that happens - what's the point - you can't really get the sensation of speed

unless you are close to  the deck. After you said the above - I took the default fighter from default airport

in PD3 from T/O to 30000' at full throttle in second - and just boring after that flying around with nothing to shoot at.

and one can't compare it to those of us who like to Sim F1 and Rally racing where we can get 

some feel of cornering for E.G.

Maybe MS think like me - who wants to fly low and slow VFR - and looking forward to leisurely flying the Citation CJ4 bizjet at 30k feet

@Maurzio  ----Arcade  - of course - but a little more reason than swanning around on P3D in  a Falcon -

(Falcon 16 that is - not my Dassault Falcon FA 50).

- I  have tried it on my son's PS4 - but I prefer the Graphics on my X Box and 4K HDR. - which didn't cost me anything:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Rob said - People that enjoy fast jet simming -

I often wonder why that happens - what's the point - you can't really get the sensation of speed

unless you are close to  the deck. After you said the above - I took the default fighter from default airport

in PD3 from T/O to 30000' at full throttle in second - and just boring after that flying around with nothing to shoot at.

and one can't compare it to those of us who like to Sim F1 and Rally racing where we can get 

some feel of cornering for E.G.

Maybe MS think like me - who wants to fly low and slow VFR - and looking forward to leisurely flying the Citation CJ4 bizjet at 30k feet

@Maurzio  ----Arcade  - of course - but a little more reason than swanning around on P3D in  a Falcon -

(Falcon 16 that is - not my Dassault Falcon FA 50).

- I  have tried it on my son's PS4 - but I prefer the Graphics on my X Box and 4K HDR. - which didn't cost me anything:rolleyes:

it's true :) Obviously Ace7 is not rich of details like in P3D, and this to grant you that sensation of speed that unless they couldn't reach in the same way (in GTA 5 we have an example of a good compromise, excellent graphic detail and speed granted, but the scenery is pretty small).

UInfortunately i haven't still experimented the 4k experience with the games, but i can't wait to see it. I didn't switch to a ps4 pro, i prefer to wait the ps5, or to buy the new xbox, i am undecided about what to buy. But since i am playstation fanatic, the only reason i would buy the xbox would be just to have the simulator on it.

2 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

it's true :) Obviously Ace7 is not rich of details like in P3D, and this to grant you that sensation of speed that unless they couldn't reach in the same way (in GTA 5 we have an example of a good compromise, excellent graphic detail and speed granted, but the scenery is pretty small).

UInfortunately i haven't still experimented the 4k experience with the games, but i can't wait to see it. I didn't switch to a ps4 pro, i prefer to wait the ps5, or to buy the new xbox, i am undecided about what to buy. But since i am playstation fanatic, the only reason i would buy the xbox would be just to have the simulator on it.

https://youtu.be/VjgBrfxhXOs

Take alook

By looking at the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the downtown Sydney skyscrapers in below shot, I fear that all those who were looking forward to find an exact replica of their home in MSFS 2020 might be disappointed. B)

And I'm sure Orbx will make loads of business by creating scenery add ons for MSFS 2020. :)

638207408_MSFS2020.thumb.jpg.f7dd485ea6eeb3e8935a93ab45277661.jpg

28 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I think you are overlooking the concept of alpha testing.

I am fully aware of that Nick. My post was actually meant not to be too serious. It was a bit of a heads up for those with ridiculously exaggerated expectations.

There has even been a shot or a video of Syney Harbour released earlier without any Harbour Bridge at all. So MS is making some progress. ^_^

On 5/30/2020 at 1:43 AM, wolfko said:

I am fully aware of that Nick. My post was actually meant not to be too serious. It was a bit of a heads up for those with ridiculously exaggerated expectations.

There has even been a shot or a video of Syney Harbour released earlier without any Harbour Bridge at all. So MS is making some progress. ^_^

Well there is a lot of ridiculously exaggerated expectations  and mythology and hype and it will be interesting to see where it all ends up but as I keep saying there is still no VR, no helicopters, no fast jets (as in f16's ect) or gliders and no Harbour Bridge in "Steak 'n Kidney".

I think it is time to give this topic a rest.

I will open another and perhaps the pointless and speculative posts can be kept to a minimum in that.

Thanks to all who contributed to this one, you will find the best posts here.

Archived