MSFS 2020 News

Captain Lars

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great endless debates, the thousands of pages and the millions of comments about fps and everything that goes with it which spoiled the existence of several thousand people for several years will soon be over.

17 hours ago, John Heaton said:

According to what is purported to be an official announcement:---

The name of the new X BOX  - will be ----- X BOX Series X

and chosen by MS because they want a new series of Hardware and Games to use the words 

--- Series X--

Stand by for Microsoft Flight Simulator Series X --- ??? 

The spec of the XBOX will include - AMD 8 Core 12 Teraflops - 28GB DDR6 RAM - + Propriety SSD space

3D Dolby sound - Full ray tracing - and resolution of 8Kx60fps - 4Kx120fps

No VR !! --- Yet!!

All above - I don't think is speculation -  and is sourced from all the latest specs on Utube over the last week

price will compete directly to the new PS5 - reported by Sony -  as around $us 450

I think most of us will forget about XBox anyway and will fly the PC version of this new sim.

6 hours ago, FILOU said:

The great endless debates, the thousands of pages and the millions of comments about fps and everything that goes with it which spoiled the existence of several thousand people for several years will soon be over.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. No Microsoft Flight Sim in history has been able to run everything maxed out on day 1. They're usually designed for future hardware, not today's hardware.

I would personally wait till it comes out to reserve any comments on performance.

13 minutes ago, magnetite said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. No Microsoft Flight Sim in history has been able to run everything maxed out on day 1. They're usually designed for future hardware, not today's hardware.

I would personally wait till it comes out to reserve any comments on performance.

Actually, P3D v4.5 runs better on my PC than FSX.

Okay, but the new sim is based on FSX with many of the systems rewritten from scratch. It's not a new engine. When P3D v1 was first released, it was pretty much FSX with some minor tweaks. Only over the last several years did they tweak the performance to match the numbers you're seeing.

A pre-alpha video I watched said the hardware used was "pretty beefy" with a 2080 Ti and top end CPUs and they felt the sim was running around 30 FPS. Not to mention the sim is way more detailed than FSX or Prepar3D. There's 30 something trillion trees in the world and they wanted it to be as realistic as possible. The guy said "I flew over my damn house! It looked just like it does in real life".

Anyways, my point is, with all those unique models and such, I can guarantee that will come at a performance cost.

Here's a link to the video I watched

57 minutes ago, magnetite said:

Okay, but the new sim is based on FSX with many of the systems rewritten from scratch. It's not a new engine. When P3D v1 was first released, it was pretty much FSX with some minor tweaks. Only over the last several years did they tweak the performance to match the numbers you're seeing.

A pre-alpha video I watched said the hardware used was "pretty beefy" with a 2080 Ti and top end CPUs and they felt the sim was running around 30 FPS. Not to mention the sim is way more detailed than FSX or Prepar3D. There's 30 something trillion trees in the world and they wanted it to be as realistic as possible. The guy said "I flew over my damn house! It looked just like it does in real life".

Anyways, my point is, with all those unique models and such, I can guarantee that will come at a performance cost.

Here's a link to the video I watched

FS2020 is comparable to today's video games.Optimize like as never been a simulator.Forget old history  and old bad memories .A GTX1070 for example and you will have your smile that will tickle your ears.You can carefully keep this message and remind me when FS will be released.FS is already ten years ahead of what exists and that's just the beginning.

21 minutes ago, FILOU said:

FS2020 is comparable to today's video games.Optimize like as never been a simulator.Forget old history  and old bad memories .A GTX1070 for example and you will have your smile that will tickle your ears.You can carefully keep this message and remind me when FS will be released.FS is already ten years ahead of what exists and that's just the beginning.

Okay Filou, my current GPU is a GTX 1070 and I sure will knock on you door, if my smile will not tickle my ears. :D

Well the graphics and the physics of this new FS2020 looks indeed awesome, but my main concern right now is, what to do with it?

For the most part what Ive seen from Microsoft are only Single engine or Prop planes which are apparently very detailed. However they didnt show much about real airliners like B787 A350 A380 or B777.

So it looks like they are all not on board and even when, they are not detailed at all. I hope its not the same like with FSX and P3D that other than PMDG (which only does Boeing) nobody develop A350 or A380 etc.

So far, even today, 14 years after the maiden A380 flight, there is still no realistic simulated version of it. Same with the A350 which goes now in the 6th year. Even for B787 there is not a really good version out yet.

Yes, I am aware that there are very good freeware models out there, FSPAIX A350 (even -1000), Project Airbus A380 and TDS 787 but the flight dynamics of this planes are questionable and it took me weeks if not months to tune them by myself.

If I cannot use these anymore or can port them over to FS2020, all this is very uninspiring for me for the next 5 years+ !?

Does anyone know if there is still Time compression onboard this new FS? Thats the thing with Xplane, i cannot play it just because of this. Because i dont have time and I dont feel like doing LAX-SIN in real time. I do it rather in like 60 min, fly over the ocean with 32x, and go down to Normal or 4x where land is.

Did you not see an A321 Neo in the promo vids? Do you know that PMDG has offered a cross grade to MSFS 2020 of the NGXu when it is released?

Honestly, so much disinformation, you guys need to do more research....

Frank

"So far, even today, 14 years after the maiden A380 flight, there is still no realistic simulated version of it. Same with the A350 which goes now in the 6th year. "

I read somewhere that accurate flight model specifications have to come from Airbus Industries and they are not very cooperative in this regard. 

"Even for B787 there is not a really good version out yet."

If anyone is going to do this to any degree of accuracy it will be PMDG and they have their hands full at the moment.

Hello,

the topic is about the proposed Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Please do not derail it any further with speculation about other developers'

intentions or indeed questions about the simulator functions that have not yet

been answered by its developers and wish lists that have no relevance until

the full details of the simulator have been published.

Thanks.

On 2/25/2020 at 4:46 AM, adambar said:

After the last few debacles with MSFS series I could care less about it.

You could ofcourse call Flight a debacle, although under the hood it was a pretty good simulator. I do not quite follow what you mean with 'the last few debacles'. What else happened? Enlighten me here. As far as MSFS is concerned I'm convinced this new sim will revolutionize flight simulation because of the modern techniques used. Just look at all the development videos. Asobo is doing a spectacular job. For the next decade we'll have a new platform to build on. I couldn't be any more content with the future of desktop piloting.

15 hours ago, wolfko said:

Okay Filou, my current GPU is a GTX 1070 and I sure will knock on you door, if my smile will not tickle my ears. :D

Even one RTX 2080tI does not bring much more fps in addition in P3D and XP11. It's not the fault of the graphics card but the total lack of optimization of the simulator.You can upgrade with the next RTX3080 series it won't change anything.When you see what is capable a GTX 1060 in modern games you understand right away where the problem is.We are completely next door in another and old era.ASOBO Studio uses the latest technology with the participation of a team of a hundred people and it is certainly not for us to make a paper simulator with disastrous performance.The stakes are too high .Sebastian Wloch Asobo Studio Co-founder and CEO uses an older generation computer (GTX1070)and runs FS2020 without any problem.

In any case, I like their way of doing and sharing and listening with the community.Not only will it be a new generation simulator but it will also be a different mindset.FS will attract a new and young generation like a sponge by its playful and open side.It will reconcile people with the simulation.It is the obligatory passage to our time if we want to go in the right direction.

Of course ASOBO shows us the best with their videos but what company in the world shows the opposite.There is still a lot of work but I take no risk of applauding them even now.

I will be the first to knock on your door.

Hello,

anyone who is testing the new simulator is bound by an NDA.

Anyone who is not testing it has access only to the same information that you do.

You are therefore equally able to make up your own mind and in any case,

we discourage comparisons of this nature in these forums, especially with

something that for most of us, does not yet exist.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

anyone who is testing the new simulator is bound by an NDA.

Anyone who is not testing it has access only to the same information that you do.

You are therefore equally able to make up your own mind and in any case,

we discourage comparisons of this nature in these forums, especially with

something that for most of us, does not yet exist.

Thanks.

I have had the official shown screenshots in mind.

Kai

On 2/25/2020 at 3:37 PM, magnetite said:

So, you haven't been watching the videos?

19 hours ago, Rimshot said:

You could ofcourse call Flight a debacle, although under the hood it was a pretty good simulator. I do not quite follow what you mean with 'the last few debacles'. What else happened? Enlighten me here. As far as MSFS is concerned I'm convinced this new sim will revolutionize flight simulation because of the modern techniques used. Just look at all the development videos. Asobo is doing a spectacular job. For the next decade we'll have a new platform to build on. I couldn't be any more content with the future of desktop piloting.

The one that was released in 2006 comes to mind and still is problematic to a lot of folks. :D

3 hours ago, adambar said:

The one that was released in 2006 comes to mind and still is problematic to a lot of folks. :D

Aaah, that one :lol: Well, it turned out nice in the end. It has given me many hours of enjoyment.

11 hours ago, FILOU said:

Hi FILOU. For some reason I have not been able to log into this website for 2-3 months now. Think I did read about a problem they were having but not sure about this. Any idea’s. Thanks Derek.

with 40+ years experience with computers, there is very, very rarely a 'killer app'...

having the luxury of many flight sims - a passion - i can say they all have their place...

just downloading Battle of Stalingrad now (75% off Steam discount) & will work with Rift S HMD VR...

& also $pre-purchased DCS 'SuperCarriers' - why not?

again, all the flight sims have their place - & history will tell!

9 minutes ago, Ivan Majetic said:

For some reason i am also not uble to login to their forums as well

Hi Ivan. I’m pretty sure that the Forums are not set up yet which is a bit strange as I would have thought that they should have been done by now. If only for people to ask questions about the sim. Derek.

23 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

If only for people to ask questions about the sim

mate, i fully concur...

it is definitely not 'rocket science' - but being treated that way...

i am so close to 'pulling out of Alpha' - for my own reasons...

do not despair - Microsoft Flight Simulator - in whatever guise - is projected to be 2020 (sometime) release...

btw, i will be maintaining 'all' my flight sims in the 'collection' - for damn good reason!

3 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi FILOU. For some reason I have not been able to log into this website for 2-3 months now. Think I did read about a problem they were having but not sure about this. Any idea’s. Thanks Derek.

Hello,

What I found:

["  How to fix insider hub login issues!
This worked fine for me on chrome.
I learned that if you use the "Auto Sign-In" feature for the website, that's what breaks the insider hub (at least for me). So DON'T use it.
If when you click insider login and it just takes you back to the main page or another page without asking you to login, you can simply fix it by going to Xbox.com and login in the top right. Once it says you're logged in, click your profile picture and select sign-out.
Now, go back to the FlightSim website and click login. Fill out your login information and sign in! Again... DO NOT CLICK AUTO SIGN-IN.
Anyway, all of that worked for me. Let me know if it helps any of you!"]

49 minutes ago, FILOU said:

Hello,

What I found:

["  How to fix insider hub login issues!
This worked fine for me on chrome.
I learned that if you use the "Auto Sign-In" feature for the website, that's what breaks the insider hub (at least for me). So DON'T use it.
If when you click insider login and it just takes you back to the main page or another page without asking you to login, you can simply fix it by going to Xbox.com and login in the top right. Once it says you're logged in, click your profile picture and select sign-out.
Now, go back to the FlightSim website and click login. Fill out your login information and sign in! Again... DO NOT CLICK AUTO SIGN-IN.
Anyway, all of that worked for me. Let me know if it helps any of you!"]

This worked for me thanks

who believes 'that the end of the world is nigh' for every current flight sim?

the final release of Microsoft Flight Simulator (just checking - it is 2020) is highly anticipated - that is for sure!

hysteria abounds - some people are even deleting their P3D & XP11 installs (hysterically) - OMG!

ah well, human nature...

36 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

hysteria abounds - some people are even deleting their P3D & XP11 installs (hysterically) - OMG!

Yes, and they'll install it again after a week or so when they realise this sim isn't out yet, and nobody really knows when it will be :-)

36 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

People are still using FS2004..... so I think that says everything

19 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Yes, and they'll install it again after a week or so when they realise this sim isn't out yet, and nobody really knows when it will be :-)

Tony, i am quite a new flight simmer - & learning heaps...

& your work with Orbx & team is the best - i call Orbx XP11 TE the 'Gold Standard' of available scenery...

cannot wait for SoCal TE XP - will be Day 1 purchaser - i'll be getting my helicopters buzzin' around LA - hope it works with MisterX KLAX...

(& now in VR - can you believe?)

cheers!

21 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

the final release of Microsoft Flight Simulator (just checking - it is 2020) is highly anticipated - that is for sure!

ah well, human nature...

Or one could say it will be yet another option to have as far as flight sim is concerned. We just don't yet know what hardware is required to get the total experience, but if it is streamed scenery then very little Disk space is needed I assume, so uninstalling P3D or XP or other sims seems rather pointless. To, me it appears that a decent GPU and CPU is required, but more importantly a damn good high speed broadband connection with lots of bandwidth is going to be of the most benefit. There are alpha testers in great numbers who I am sure do not have the absolute ultimate PC specs who are producing screenshots and mini vids which to me look very impressive.

At this juncture, everything is pure conjecture. What we do know is what appears in the official developers offerings, and I for one am extremely impressed especially with what you will get as default such as weather, clouds, and of course all the other aspects which currently require payware addons in the existing sims.

My glass is half full in regards to flight simming options.:)

On 3/1/2020 at 9:00 AM, craigeaglefire said:

ah well, human nature...

Craig,

You didn't quote me exactly ;)

Archived