MSFS 2020 News

Captain Lars

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2020 at 12:59 PM, magnetite said:

With Microsoft back releasing updates for FSX Steam Edition, I've always secretly wondered if they'll make a 64-bit executable for it?

those updates are actually a Beta version  and reading the comments on the steam forum leads one to assume 

that some of those who took up the offer of trying the Beta were Not Happy - and I have yet to see one who is.

As for the 64 bit version - speculation says they probably will  - stand by for it to be a  Flight  Simulator Series X - SD version

probably based on P3D(5) academic

3 minutes ago, FireRx said:

you see one now :) 

Well done !!  - with that spec of a computer - I would be a Happy Chappy as well:)

Can you tell us why you are different to the mob on Steam ? -

is there much of a change from Gold/ SE to make the exercise for MS worth while?

19 hours ago, John Heaton said:

those updates are actually a Beta version  and reading the comments on the steam forum leads one to assume 

that some of those who took up the offer of trying the Beta were Not Happy - and I have yet to see one who is.

As for the 64 bit version - speculation says they probably will  - stand by for it to be a  Flight  Simulator Series X - SD version

probably based on P3D(5) academic

Seeing as P3D has had many updates since going 64-bit (and even before that), wouldn't Microsoft have to heavily modify the source code to get it working again for FSX 64-bit?

18 hours ago, BLANKOTA said:

Some might not believe it, but yes, I am quite excited by the new sim, too. Here is a video I found. Quite a cold shower: at 12:38 you can hear that there'll be no VR and no seasons - at least not on release.

Could you please provide a link to the video you mention? Thank you.

I see there is a good shot of Brisbane City in the video, https://youtu.be/GZmssr-uh18 , at the 2min 17 sec mark.

Unmistakable, Kangaroo Point, Garden Point and Milton Reach on the Brisbane River and the aerial shot taken over Bulimba Reach,  looking towards New Farm Park.

Oh, and the 'Gabba Cricket Ground to the left !

Best shots I have ever seen of Brisbane from a flight simulator.

Chris.

2 hours ago, Chris.D said:

I see there is a good shot of Brisbane City in the video, https://youtu.be/GZmssr-uh18 , at the 2min 17 sec mark.

Unmistakable, Kangaroo Point, Garden Point and Milton Reach on the Brisbane River and the aerial shot taken over Bulimba Reach,  looking towards New Farm Park.

Oh, and the 'Gabba Cricket Ground to the left !

Best shots I have ever seen of Brisbane from a flight simulator.

Chris.

But no Bridges yet in Alpha

Patience is a virtue.. We ll have to wait a bit longer ti be sure if it really a blockbuster... I think its the future but the question is when ?

At his time even fsx was too much for most of us and people kept 2004 for long time.

For my part i will have to be sure that my home cockpit works... and im sure it wont work day one. And still so much to fly on p3d, so much to discover... No need to hurry..

On 3/1/2020 at 4:24 AM, Richard McDonald Woods said:

They say, as each week passes, that the end of the world is even nigher:banghead:

Indeed, the Doomsday Clock is ticking.....we're now only seconds away.....

6 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

& very encouraging news about the current Microsoft Flight Simulator 3rd party developer involvement & products/plans in progress...

That's the most important information I take from this update. Besides the grass. ;) Plus, I have the vague feeling Orbx being involved as well.

Kind regards, Michael

In January we were 100 seconds to midnight and they said

Humanity continues to face two simultaneous existential dangers—nuclear war and climate change...."

At that point Covid 19 wasn't factored in. Maybe another 20 seconds lopped off.

• 2 weeks later...

For Nearly 50 years - Real and simulation - I have been flying prop Singles and Twins - Normal aspiration 

and in the last 12 months a number of Coranado's Turbo Props - I have never had an interest in the so called Heavies

I have no knowledge - yet? - of Flying -  beyond VFR - and cheating at Instrument flying in VFR 

Quite a few times I have considered what it would be like to fly (simulate) a small Biz Jet. I actually sat in the 

first Citation Biz Jet in Australia - 1974? - at Moorabbin. It really didn't seem all that different to my Seneca - a bit wider that's all

Around 2 weeks ago - Carenado had one of these stay at home sales - and 2 of the a/c s on offer were a

Citation 525 PJ2 twin - and a Dasault Falcon  50X - 3 engine - so for 30 something Bucks - I got both and since then

have been scouring the internet on how to Simulate flying  the Hi- Lo flight routes - ( without the ATC - at the moment)

What's this got to do with MS 2020??? - Well anyone who has been watching the discovery series and seen the Aircraft that MS

have used and will be "Including???" in the sim - will have notice the PJ 4 Citation in the videos - and that increased my salivation.

There has been no mention other that PDMG who will be supplying the actual Sim A/Cs from the listed manufacturers - but in this case

there is a sim of the PJ4 on sale now - but it is definitely not the one in the video.

So for the benefit of those who will grab at this in the 2020 - I turned up this "WoW' brochure of the Real thing

https://cessna.txtav.com/-/media/cessna/files/citation/cj4/cj4_brochure.ashx

14 minutes ago, stiletto2 said:

Ahh....the achilles heel

i agree that photogrammetry in 2020 has its limits,

there is an advantage to the process of discrete model building - such as Orbx's XP TE San Francisco - where one can fly under the iconic Golden Gate, in any aircraft of choice...

the TrueEarth series has signature detail as a result, which provides a great deal of flight sim pleasure - especially in helicopters & VR.

11 minutes ago, Mawson said:

its just photorealistic tiles with a higher detail mesh

& P3Dv+ has some very good 'inherent' mesh options with products such as FS Global Ultimate NG - which i use - an evolution of FS Global (that i understand Orbx uses as reference)...

TrueEarth orthos on top with accurately placed & sized objects of all types + heaps of hand modelled POIs - right now!

just have to work out how to afford the $upgrade to P3Dv5 asap :)

Hello,

some of you will see that your posts are no longer visible.

Please do not discuss alpha testing in these forums.

1. these forums are owned and moderated by Orbx

2. this means that while most content is welcome, content that breaches an NDA, regardless of whose that might be, is expressly forbidden.

Non Disclosure Agreements are meant to be taken seriously and are taken very seriously by this company.

3. the simplest way to avoid a breach is to keep your own councel.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, FILOU said:

1 hour ago, FILOU said:

ckwRrKO.jpg

Great Filou! I love this feature, where only the centre of the screen is in focus. Wonder if this works also during flight or if it  is only available for screenshots.

4 hours ago, wolfko said:

Great Filou! I love this feature, where only the centre of the screen is in focus. Wonder if this works also during flight or if it  is only available for screenshots.

I'd say it's photoshop. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Archived