Cape St James

VH-KDK

Cape St James is the most southerly point of Haida Gwaii BC.

1.ouoFr9H.jpg

At the entrance to Hunger Harbour with Mount Moody.

2.xySxqaC.jpg

Numerous whale spouts but mostly in the distance. I am thankful for my EOS5 and 100-400mm lens!

3.ebvuGda.jpg

Cape St James home of the World's largest colony of Steller Sealions as well as numerous Puffins. Too far away for my camera to pick them up!

4.pBWgrRB.jpg

Approaching Cape St James and Haida Gwaii. The leeward side of the island flattened the sea out from the slightly choppy waters of the morning although it hadn't caused any "motion of the ocean" to be felt on the ship.

5 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Great place to visit ... Thanks Martyn 

Did you visit the natural park ? 

Thanks Jean Marc.

No, sadly we sailed past during the day. Very impressive scenery even from the distance we were from it .:)

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold, not as easy taking screenies with the Canon!:o

With the lens of yours it could be good exercise: The weight is for the muscles, and because of the 400 mm you´ll have to run quite a bit away from your screen!

11 hours ago, Stillwater said:

With the lens of yours it could be good exercise: The weight is for the muscles, and because of the 400 mm you´ll have to run quite a bit away from your screen!

There were times Gerold when it was getting too heavy to carry around in the camera bag over my shoulder.

Today it is far too hot and windy to go out into the garden to take screenies, it would be very hard to keep steady in the gusty wind.:o;):lol:

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

There were times Gerold when it was getting too heavy to carry around in the camera bag over my shoulder.

I can understand that. Especially given higher temperatures :'(.

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Today it is far too hot and windy to go out into the garden to take screenies, it would be very hard to keep steady in the gusty wind.:o;):lol:

You might use a tripod, but can you be sure the camera is still there after 10 minutes left alone in your garden :ph34r:?

Archived