North California HD/SD Bundle?

X4711

Hi I just purchased the X-Plane 11 North California HD version. (I wanted to own both versions, but play the SD version at the moment, because the performance advantage.)

I tried to add the SD version but there is no discount?

Is the SD version not included with the HD version?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

18 minutes ago, John Dow said:

It is included yes, maybe there's a problem with Central.  have you tried going to checkout?

Thank you for your reply.

I used the website for purchase.

In the cart the full price is displayed if I check out, I am getting asked for payment details. In the popup window once I enter my name/address I am getting asked for credit card details, however at the button of this popup the full price is still displayed.

I did check with the Orbx Central app and where was no mention of a discount either.

It will show in your XP11 Orbx line-up.  You have to uninstall either HD or SD, whatever you are presently running with, to install the other....so...uninstall HD, then click on the SD version, and install that. If you only bought the SD version, then of course, you don't have access to the HD.   SD only comes with an HD version purchase.

At this point I don't want to install the HD only to uninstall it later.

I bought the HD to get the option of installing the SD version until I get a bigger SSD.  However the SD version is not showing in my account.

what do I do to get access to it?

Thanks in advance if you can help

Bob

I elected to buy the SD version of Northern California instead of the HD version to put less stress on my RTX1080 graphics card. When I made the purchase, the SD and HD versions were being sold for different amounts and Orbex didn’t state that buying one version entitled you to a discount on the other version. If I decide to go with the HD version, I’ll expect to pay for it but will accept a discount. Are you listening Orbex?

Hello.

Please see the release announcement.

I am surprised to see that these details have not been added to the product pages.

Exactly as we have done with TrueEarth US Washington and TrueEarth US Oregon, Northern California will be available in two versions - high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD). The only difference between these two products is the ground texture resolution. If disk space is a concern, check out the SD version of TrueEarth US NorCal, which provides the same regional coverage, but at just a a quarter of the disk space. The slightly reduced texture resolution still provides incredible detail but enables smoother performance for those with older graphics cards. If you prefer the full fidelity, we recommend the HD version for best resolution.

Customers who buy the HD version get the SD version for free. Customers who buy the SD version will pay a $11AUD for the  HD version

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello.

Please see the release announcement.

I am surprised to see that these details have not been added to the product pages.

I'm not sure you understand the issue I and many others are having. This morning I purchased the HD version of Northern California. I did not install it after purchase. I instead want to install the SD version but it will not allow me to. The only option it gives me in Orbx Central for the SD version is to purchase it. I shouldn't have to purchase the SD version as I have already purchased the HD version. I did not have this problem with Washington or Oregon; when I purchased the HD versions of those, I was able to to install the SD versions straight away. This is not the case with Northern California.

Hello SimCaesar,

thank you for the extra guidance.

As stated in the Release Announcement, it has become standard practice to:

1. Include the SD version and access to it in a purchase of the HD version.

2. To offer the HD version to a customer who has already bought the SD version

for a small additional sum of money.

I think that I have a grasp of the concept after the release of two previous similar products

and that I have managed to understand that in the case of this latest release, despite the clear

statement that this is what will happen, it is not in fact happening.

Hopefully you will understand that I have sent an email to the three people who can address this problem.

However, they all live and work in Australia, where it is presently the very early hours of Sunday morning.

This means that it is possible that this matter may not be attended to immediately.

Hopefully this makes the position absolutely clear to all affected customers, to whom an apology is offered.

I think it would be a far better idea to buy the version you want to use now and wait

a little while for the problem to be fixed.

You cannot use both at the same time but you can buy either without any penalty.

You will notice that the extra required to "upgrade" from SD to HD is the exact difference

between the two prices.

It is working for me now, thank you for the speedy fix on a weekend Orbx team.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

You will notice that the extra required to "upgrade" from SD to HD is the exact difference

between the two prices.

It's really common in the software industry for upgrades to cost more than just the difference between two versions, in order to pressure people to buy the most expensive version up front. Kudos to Orbx for not doing this, and just charging the straight difference.

Archived