Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

4 hours ago, bernief said:

Here you go. This is an Airport by a partner in X-Plane

It will be either very hard or very easy. The answer is not very far away.

Cheers

Bernie

wPNqkaS.jpg

I'll take a guess at Brisbane ??

I believe she is a familiar British actress who recently appeared on a Foxtel series on the Gold Coast

If I am right - I stopped watching it at the age of 86 - since it was a story on Euthenasia

• Haha 1

I am going to guess at Brisbane - being not far away - and also because

I think the photo is of a well known British actress who recently made a series

on the Gold Coast for Foxtel entitled "END"

I stopped watching the programme since at 86yo - I discovered it took place in an old

persons retirement village and Euthenasia the main subject:unsure:

1 hour ago, bernief said:

No, not Brisbane. The answer is closer than you think. Don't forget, an airport done by a Partner Developer for X-Plane.

Cheers

Bernie

It might be your home, Bernie. The airport I was awaiting for years for FSX/P3D. The basis for @Jarrad Marshalls flights, at least before the pandemic.

Perth?

Well done Gerold. Yes it is Perth. We were saying goodbye to our visitor from Anchorage Alaska who stayed with us for two weeks a couple of years ago. She was actually born in Newfoundland in Canada but lived all of her adult life in the USA. She married an American Air Force Officer so she fell for a man in uniform. She is definitely not English as John would have us believe. Your turn Gerold.

Cheers

Bernie.

Edited by bernief
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, bernief said:

Your turn Gerold.

OK, let´s go. I am surprised I do not have many pictures from inside Orbx´ airports. Well, mostly they look like shopping malls nowadays, why would you take such a shot? And there are many faces to be seen, something you might hesitate to post nowadays.

Nevertheless, here is one (about 5 years old). Not too many specific items, maybe it is too hard. It will be much easier when I take the black box from the flight identifier away. The carousel itself was quite the invention at that airport, when I was there some years earlier you could grab your bags directly from the cart.

YvyI1VW.jpg

1 hour ago, bernief said:

Too easy Gerold. YMLT Launceston Tasmania. You removed the obvious reference but you did not do anything about the one near the doors,

You are right Bernie, I just saw it after posting.

At least I am free now, your turn!

PS: That was the baggage claim a decade before. Only two places where this sign could have been posted.

4V4lMKR.jpg

5 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Time to move on I think it is Kalgoorlie/Boulder YPKG

No doubt it is, google is your friend. But I did not find it in the ever-more-complicated directory of OrbxDirect.

Anyone to post a new photo?

On 7/25/2021 at 6:52 PM, Stillwater said:

Anyone to post a new photo?

Okay, then I´ll do it. We change the region, but there are still some hints...

LNNa4It.jpg

PS: For sure this is an Orbx airport, not from a partner.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:42 AM, Stillwater said:

Okay, then I´ll do it. We change the region, but there are still some hints...

LNNa4It.jpg

PS: For sure this is an Orbx airport, not from a partner.

I think it is Olbia Airport LIEO.

I got it, because on one of the signs it says Ascensore. That's Italian for elevator. So I googled for interior pics of LIEO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wolfko said:

I got it, because on one of the signs it says Ascensore. That's Italian for elevator. So I googled for interior pics of LIEO.

That's quite the detective work there Wolfgang :) I have no idea if you are right or not though ;) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

That's quite the detective work there Wolfgang :) I have no idea if you are right or not though ;) 

Detective work, that´s true... B)

3 hours ago, wolfko said:

The ascensore is correct, and could have even gotten a hint by Meridiana airlines (they did not fly to too many destinations, with LIEO being their headquarter and the only Orbx one).

After all, a brilliant guess Wolfgang! Do you want to post us another shot?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

The CEC sign makes this guessing a bit more focused. Could it be Crescent, 

I think, you are right Gerold. CEC is the IATA code for the Del Norte County Regional Airport in Crescent.  The ICAO code is KCEC.

Sorry if I am doing this wrong, but here are a few, this should show you which part of the world we are in to narrow the search down, both are Partner airports...

y4meRd-SZ0RC2Estt6-weXM7mn2a6-hebv56_DH-

taxi out from same airport...

y4mvIhhoOCD0HYwvcrQv0Ei3P1DvmIOmBE8JT2Mf

finally our destination, a clue to the city name- twice as much ae you started with...

y4mqrtnxySerzSSpmbYmTZIT6eaItq6nXiyVFKda

typical weather to..

Again sorry if I have jumped the gun posting these......

Wayne

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Another Orbx title in the PNW

54 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Sorry if I am doing this wrong, but here are a few, this should show you which part of the world we are in to narrow the search down, both are Partner airports...

I would say: Let us guess them both - it is always worth to compare our Orbx airports with the real ones.

Though I have no real ideas on these...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wain71 said:

y4meRd-SZ0RC2Estt6-weXM7mn2a6-hebv56_DH-

taxi out from same airport...

y4mvIhhoOCD0HYwvcrQv0Ei3P1DvmIOmBE8JT2Mf

finally our destination, a clue to the city name- twice as much ae you started with...

y4mqrtnxySerzSSpmbYmTZIT6eaItq6nXiyVFKda

typical weather to..

Again sorry if I have jumped the gun posting these......

Wayne

Dublin?

And the two pictures I posted are from the same airport.  Think Boeing.

• Like 1