Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

They're cheap Gerold. That's the whole point :)

I may be biased......I have a cousin who is FO flying A320's around OZ. My experience with them has always been as expected...and if my flight is less than 3 hours i will pay for my muffin %)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I don't mind Jetstar.  I have flown Jetstar, Tiger and Qantas although only on short flights, between Melbourne and Adelaide or Melbourne and Sydney.  I found the flights and the service to be similar amongst the three, although Qantas usually provide a free breakfast,lunch or dinner, depending on the time.  But then I probably paid 50% more for the Qantas tickets.  My best flight between Sydney and Melbourne was a Jetstar flight when I had all three seats to myself on a 787!  It was a transfer/pickup flight before heading off to Bali.

I did have a return flight booked with Jetstar to Hawaii, and they did annoy me when my direct flight was later changed to a changeover at Sydney, with a long wait in between flights.  As it turned out I didn't go anyway, because that was just last year and the flights were cancelled totally due to Covid.  I was provided a voucher refund which can be used for multiple flights, so I was happy with that.

Nowadays, when even airlines like Lufthansa have no meals, no check in baggage and no seat reservations included in their basic tariffs on many flights, there is not much difference any more between low cost carriers and so called "full service" airlines.

On 2/16/2021 at 10:33 AM, wolfko said:

Is it S43 Harvey Field? This red and white striped hangar looks familiar.

On 2/16/2021 at 4:21 PM, Rob Abernathy said:

You guys are good!   It is S433.  Even with the current snow I thought maybe that red/white building would give it away.  Airport is only a few miles from my daughter's house, been there several times IRL.

Just to remind all of us: Wolfgang was correct and would have the right (or duty) to post the next riddle. But... as far as I know he has run out of pictures, and in Corona times he can not even book another flight to make new ones!

So anyone who would like to share a real-life shot of an Orbx airport may start a new task now.

• 3 weeks later...

To keep this great thread alive.

I have no more real life shots from an Orbx airport itself available, but one of an interesting pattern on a mountainside just a few miles from an Orbx aiport. This interesting pattern, which is commonly called "Eagle" by the locals (as it accidently looks similar to one) , is very well depicted in the Orbx scenery in question.

Please excuse the low quality of the pic. It was shot using only digital zoom on my mobile with a dirty lens. In reality this pattern looks much more like a gigantic eagle than it does on my photo, even more in summertime.

The eagle is right at the top of the transmitter above the sphere. 

So what's the name of the airport, which is nestled in the valley right behind the church at the right edge of the photo?

639866736_Eagle30.thumb.jpg.95759ac313464f921b0091f2386df27a.jpg

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

LOWI?

And the winner is 》》》》》 Rod!!:D:D:D. Congrats mate, well done!

I actually thought, this one would be too simple, with me living in Innsbruck being a hint. I took this shot from our home looking to the southwest.

You are actually flying more or less straight towards this "eagle" when doing the infamous LOC DME West approach to LOWI. From there the pattern at the mountainside looks a bit different though. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I think Greg has it.  I see Inns' Bruck written on the wall.  Is it written as two words?  Is that the correct Austrian way to write it?  Great pic, and a new take on this competition.  I would like to see the interiors of many other airports, as it would currently be impossible in real life.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wolfko said:

This might be tricky. Interior of a well known Orbx airport. Having a closer look at the ads and signs might help.

So fantastic to see someone has put life back into this pre-Covid thread, Wolfgang. Many thanks!

2 hours ago, BradB said:

KBZN - Bozeman MT ....... No , way to many masks in use . :P:oB)

You found a qualified hint, John. No doubt.

1 hour ago, Scott Harmes said:

I think Greg has it.  I see Inns' Bruck written on the wall.  Is it written as two words?  Is that the correct Austrian way to write it?  Great pic, and a new take on this competition.  I would like to see the interiors of many other airports, as it would currently be impossible in real life.

Now I see Inns´Bruck as well, and even more significant the newspaper rack "Tirol". Which makes it 100% clear.

Your idea to add interior photos of Orbx airports is a great modification as well - hope we could still guess ´em!

2 hours ago, gregmorin said:

LOWI

Greg

Once again, Greg was the fastest and most correct guesser. It´s your turn, if you like!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

So fantastic to see someone has put life back into this pre-Covid thread, Wolfgang. Many thanks!

You found a qualified hint, John. No doubt.

Now I see Inns´Bruck as well, and even more significant the newspaper rack "Tirol". Which makes it 100% clear.

Your idea to add interior photos of Orbx airports is a great modification as well - hope we could still guess ´em!

Once again, Greg was the fastest and most correct guesser. It´s your turn, if you like!

I would if I had a picture I took but I do not. 

Sorry

Greg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Well its got to be Aussie - Regional - 2 in mind - mural clue says - Coffs Harbour ??

Ah, I see it is more difficult as expected… and not Coffs!

3 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Red soil and Aboriginal gentleman suggests YBAS, Alice Springs to me.

You get closer with these observations. But still one flight away (there are direct connections from Alice to here)…

42 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Ah, I see it is more difficult as expected… and not Coffs!

You get closer with these observations. But still one flight away (there are direct connections from Alice to here)…

Well - if its Uluru - a strange mural on the wall:huh:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

I´d say: You got it. To my knowledge the airport is still named "Ayers Rock", though the namegiving monument is Uluru now. YAYE or Conellan would do as well.

Just another airport where the luggage carrousell can be reached directly from the landside.

John, do you have a new challenge for us?

On 7/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, Scott Harmes said:

This funny way to write Innsbruck as

Download.png.8e4a15845ac0316a84893d9de4d4398b.pngwas a strange idea of the Innsbruck Marketing company and is not liked by us locals very much.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2021 at 3:04 PM, gregmorin said:

Let's see. Wolfco is from LOWI. The signs mention EDDF and EDDT. It is well know. I bet it is a masterpiece from Jarrad.

LOWI

Greg

Yes, Greg is of course the winner. Well done Greg!

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 2

I took the shot last Friday when waiting on our flight to Heraklion (Crete, Greece). I'll post a couple more shots once we are back again on July 30th. 

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, wolfko said:

Yes, Greg is of course the winner. Well done Greg!

On 7/20/2021 at 2:13 AM, gregmorin said:

I would if I had a picture I took but I do not. 

Sorry

Greg

16 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Just to get the summary up to date: Greg was indeed the Innsbruck winner. Meanwhile the active champion is @John Heaton, he might post a new quest (or tell us that anyone else might chime in).

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Just to get the summary up to date: Greg was indeed the Innsbruck winner. Meanwhile the active champion is @John Heaton, he might post a new quest (or tell us that anyone else might chime in).

Sorry I'm late with this - the boss lady insisted I accompanied her doing the shopping

Here's an Airport sold by Orbx - and 2 views to make it easy

P1000154.JPG

P1000425.JPG

• Haha 1

Sorry I'm late with this - the boss lady insisted I accompanied her doing the shopping

Haha, i hope it was online shopping at OrbxDirect? If not, stay strong…

Here's an Airport sold by Orbx - and 2 views to make it easy

Hmm… ladies in thongs, JetStar… must be Australia. But I don‘t know that coloured building. Could it be Hobart?

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Hmm… ladies in thongs, JetStar… must be Australia. But I don‘t know that coloured building. Could it be Hobart?

Nope ! - sorry  - coloured building is new 

Ladies with thongs ?? - must be OZZ !!

My wife and I +2 sons were in a lift in Hawaii - and no words spoken when a lady got in the lift - took a look at us - and asked - "Are you from Australia?" - yes how did you guess ?

She pointed to our feet and 4 pairs of thongs - flip flops to you Yanks;)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Stillwater said:

why ? - just for info - Jetstar fly to Japan - NZ - Bali - etc

44 minutes ago, bernief said:

Gold Coast then

Good guess Bernie ----- as to "The Green Behind the Gold" being one of our slogans and this PIC would have been my next clue - Your turn next ---- presumably ?

For Stillwater - This is the Orbx view - stand 43 - TDFI 717 - before the Coloured Building was built.

Orbx YBCG is a few years out of date - because the pic was taken 3 years ago after extensions

at the airport

I am hoping that Orbx will redo GC YBCG for MS 2020 - after MS upgrade Australia 

Screenshot 2021-07-22 170330.jpg

• Upvote 1

Here you go. This is an Airport by a partner in X-Plane

It will be either very hard or very easy. The answer is not very far away.

Cheers

Bernie

wPNqkaS.jpg

Edited by bernief
  • Like 1