Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

Call me Sherlock, for I have solved it.  However I shan't declare its identity, rather, I shall pose a question that may be a key to solving it if you can apply your sleuthing skills.

If Boetie were to pivot on the spot 180 degrees, and head off on the reciprocal of this photo for many kilometres, he might find himself elevated to a Polish connection that was until recently, was spelt incorrectly and is still not pronounced correctly.  Many mountains and valleys he would cross, that are inhabited by wild horses and a scattering of stockmen's huts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boetie said:

I have an ATC tower shot which will most definitely give it away....

You don't need it. There are two clues in the photo that give the game away. You just need Google. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, stiletto2 said:

YMML is the place.  I don't have a pic to post myself so maybe Graeme has another one.

Rod

Correct Rod. I don't have one at the moment, feel free to chime in anyone :)

23 minutes ago, boetie said:

Correct Rod. I don't have one at the moment, feel free to chime in anyone :)

Googling the gate number and building 64 gave me the answer. The answer to my riddle is Mount Kosciuszko

• Like 3

I know, very little to go on.  I could see glimpses of it through the trees but ran into a gate here about 100 yards from the airport. Sign said trespassers would meet their backhoe if you crossed the line..lol   Private airport for sure!

image.thumb.jpeg.9d1c649689a4b8592b255c887998de47.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob Abernathy said:

That's it Rod.  I blanked out the name of the airfield.  Had no idea you couldn't get close to it without risking your life!

Well, at least you gave it a go!  Unfortunately, I don't have a new pic so hope someone else has one to post.

Rod

2 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

Well, at least you gave it a go!  Unfortunately, I don't have a new pic so hope someone else has one to post.

Rod

I may have one but first I took this picture on Vancouver Island.  No warning signs but then again after a good hike up the hill there wasn't an airport either!!

image.thumb.jpeg.d0f5de24b6628f5936689d10a0658b2e.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Correct Paul!   I thought a long shot might slow you guys down but no.  lol

I have one more from the PNW trip

My wife and I did a hike many years ago and stood at a similar point. I actually think we were on Saltspring Island, where are you?

I was more interested to be able to see Victoria Airport than she was 😀

Edited by paulk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, paulk said:

My wife and I did a hike many years ago and stood at a similar point. I actually think we were on Saltspring Island, where are you?

I was more interested to be able to see Victoria Airport than she was 😀

My daughter indulges my obsession with airports...lol

We were at the Malahat Skywalk.  Heck of a climb to the top but the ride down was a doozy!  Still on Vancouver Island.

I have two more from this trip.

• Like 1