Australia airports

Rimshot

Hi all,

What is the status of the Australian airports when it comes to their compatibility with Australia v2? I am aware of this thread but I'm still a little worried I may have missed something since July and I'm wondering if FTX Central is already capable of installing the airports in AU v2 :)

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

Most of them are indeed updated but I had to check "ORBX Australia V2 installed" manually to on in the config panel.

Good that you mentioned that... took me some time to do all this. And now to check the improvements in mesh / layers...

Since I fist used it yesterday... Installation of V2 was put elsewhere (I think they call it Libraries??? But this name is confusing) on another drive and went well.
I did NOT migrate my already installed AU Airport on my main drive, the other 6 one that I have downloaded at work this week where also install on the same drive as AU V2

Central will NOT delete AU V1 for you, it will tell you to delete it with Holger mesh and won't let you install AU V2 until V1 is gone
Most of my already installed airport (about 6) needed a small update, about 15 meg download for each except for Brisbane and Broome?

After some flying I was happy to see that all went well.

As suggested in the manual GET the KMZ file (Google Earth) for AU V2, it's a must to see some spectacular places.

There is ONE strange thing, after all was installed properly (I hope), on a lot of AU airport or product page it still telling that you need AU V1??? in a big RED text????

Ben

Archived