US 93

VH-KDK

On 11/6/2019 at 11:24 PM, Syzygy said:

It says something nowadays that I find myself zooming in on some posted shots to see if they are ORBX products or real photos. I guess the info. top left gave it away  :)

Roger

Cheers Roger, the realism in the scenery these days is quite remarkable.:)

On 11/6/2019 at 11:48 PM, lifejogger said:

Your screenshot looks very realistic Martyn and I like the photo too.  May have to plan our vacation next summer for that area,

Thank you John. There must be so much to see, a shame we only had a few days in Arizona.:(

On 11/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

I love how you'r combining your photos with Orbx Martyn, now I see why you took so many when you visited.

Cheers Jack, I need to take a lot to jog my terrible memory in the time to come.:)

On 11/7/2019 at 5:33 AM, adambar said:

Been on that road to Flagstaff before, and from there to Tucson, AZ. :D  Nice ones Martyn! 

Thanks Adam. I so much enjoyed the drive down to Flagstaff with the changing scenery and weather.

A day I wont forget in a long time!:)

On 11/7/2019 at 5:36 AM, Stillwater said:

Fantastic comparison, Martyn. You know I like these checks, if reality fulfils what Orbx predicts.

Thank you Gerold. It is so interesting to see how ORBX depicts the landscape.

A great rendition of the dam too.:)

Nice shots Martyn, real and sim. Brings back memories when we visited Vegas a couple of years ago, we did the helicopter trip to Hoover Dam and The Grand Canyon. The pilot put it down in the Canyon and we ate chicken and drank champers...……….ah memories memories. :smile:

Don

On 11/8/2019 at 12:32 PM, olderndirt said:

Before the Interstates those US routes were primary - one disadvantage they went through every community along the way.

We did a detour through Williams and along with the Hoover  Dam it was so hard to imagine how hard the driving must have been back then.

The same here with the Hume Highway which is now all double carriageway between Sydney and Melbourne. Not the greatest of drives when I first came to Oz in the early 80s.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:32 PM, Aussieflyer38 said:

Nice shots Martyn, real and sim. Brings back memories when we visited Vegas a couple of years ago, we did the helicopter trip to Hoover Dam and The Grand Canyon. The pilot put it down in the Canyon and we ate chicken and drank champers...……….ah memories memories. :smile:

Don

That sound like a great experience Don. We saw clouds of choppers over the Dam but very little air traffic at the Canyon. I imagine they must have various areas that are no go zones there.

At the Canyon I walked about 7 miles along the trail along the SOuthern Rim and was sustained by granola bars and water!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 2:22 PM, VH-KDK said:

That sound like a great experience Don. We saw clouds of choppers over the Dam but very little air traffic at the Canyon. I imagine they must have various areas that are no go zones there.

At the Canyon I walked about 7 miles along the trail along the SOuthern Rim and was sustained by granola bars and water!:lol:

Have to cherish these memories mate, at our ages we probably wont get to experience them again. Sorry about the late reply, haven't been here of late, in the hands of the medics again. 

Just now, Aussieflyer38 said:

Have to cherish these memories mate, at our ages we probably wont get to experience them again. Sorry about the late reply, haven't been here of late, in the hands of the medics again. 

Thanks Don, yes tried to make the most of every day over there, the highlight was meeting young Jack!

I took plenty of photos to keep the memory alive.;)

The main thing is that you get better and I hope you are going in the right direction.:D

Archived