YBCS Cairns does install but not visible in Scenerylibrary

Jörg

Hi all

Because of the new ORBX Central I have deinstalled all my Australien ORBX Productes, deleated all Folders where the Scenerys was installed, set a new Folder "ORBX Backup Location" and did than redownload all my Australien Products again. Everything worked except YCBS. YBCS dosent appear in the Scenerylibrary of P3Dv4 and when I manual load the Scenery in the Senerylibrary of P3Dv4, some Files at the Airport are missing and some at the Harbour of Cairns are dobble.

QUERSTION:

What to do that YBCS will show in the Scenerylibrary of P3Dv4?  Verify Files in YCBS wont solve the Problem.

Sincerelly

Jörg

Hi,

I had the same issue, YBCS was showing as installed, but nowhere to be seen in the Scenery Library (P3D v4.5, Australia V2). Also the Australia V2 box was ticked in the Configure panel.

When loading the airport, it appeared as the default P3D v4.5 airport.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall YBCS using the XML method. It is now working as it should.

Most of my other ORBX airports are installed conventionally into the P3D folder.

Strange...................

Hi DingDuck27

Exactly same here expect I use P3Dv4.4 but I also have Australia V2 in use and Australia V2 box is ticked in the Configure panel.

I wait for the Solution from Holgar Sandmann. I don`t know how the XML Method works and I would like to have installed YBCS the same way as every other ORBX Scenery I have.

With ftxcentral3  I also had installed YBCS and, I can`t remember,  to recognize this Problems with YBCS.

Sincerelly

Jörg

Hello

@Nick:

I downloaded your scenerylib_AU_YBCS.cfg and copied it here:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\Scripts

After that I started P3Dv4 and - - - nothing happened. Still no Scenerylayer in the Senerylibrary of P3Dv4!!!

@ORBX:

I am a little disappointed that ORBX could`t fix that during one Week of Time. I know Holgar Sandmann as an excelent Scenerydesigner but I dont know if he is Part of the ORBX Team. If he is Part of the ORBX Team, maybe he would be the right Person to fix it. I expect that ORBX will fix the Problem for there Scenery YBCS and not the Costumers via work around or any other Persons not from the ORBX Team.

I know ORBX as an outstanding Scenery developer and I really like ORBX Sceneryes (I own 94 Sceneryes inkl. some free ones). It should`t be a serious Problem for ORBX to fix that. WHY does`t ORBX that?

To load YBCS manually in the Library will generate an other Problem (see my first Posting from Nov. 05th). When I manual load the Scenery in the Senerylibrary of P3Dv4, some Files at the Airport are missing and some at the Harbour of Cairns are dobble. Doug Sawatzky confirmed this Circumstance in his Posting at Friday 08th.

Please ORBX Team fix the Problem with the Installer. Maybe the Problem with the missing or doubble Files will be solved autmaticly be correcting the Installer, otherwise please do this Correction in the same Manear.

If there is an complicated Problem whichone I dont see (I have`t Know how in Scenerydesign) please let us know at least  that ORBX is on the way to fix it!

Sincerelly

Jörg

29 minutes ago, Jörg said:

After that I started P3Dv4 and - - - nothing happened. Still no Scenerylayer in the Senerylibrary of P3Dv4!!!

Hi Jörg

You still need to open Orbx Central, go to settings/help/sync simulator as per Nick's instructions above....it did fix the issue for me.

Hello Jörg,

the problem was identified and a fix provided very quickly but you do need to read and apply it.

The other problems are most likely because either you have not updated the Australian airports or

you have done so but not yet applied the correct setting in the new control panels.

No one has asked you to do anything more than download one small file, place it in a folder and then

run Sync Simulator in Orbx Central.

If you feel that this is too much, please wait until the file is added to the installer and run Verify files.

I have asked, as I stated, for it to be included but as yet have received no feedback.

Hi Nick

After downloading your scenerylib_AU_YBCS.cfg  and sync the Simulator via Controlpanel, YBCS had a Scenerylayer in the Scenerylibrary of P3Dv4.4 .

Nick, I absolutely can deal to download this small File, set it in the Folder and run Sync Simulator :rollmyeyes:.

The Problem with the missing files and the doubble files still remains!  I did a couple Minutes ago verify all of my Australien Scenerys ....

03.thumb.jpg.d5574e78f115253f86744991f2bd365f.jpg

....and did after that sync my simulater via Controlpanel.

In Australien v2 Controlpanel I did tick every box, same in Cairns Controlpanel. It endet up in the following situation:

Still a lot of doubble buildings

01.thumb.jpg.dc01e96bce18c08e33ae7e00b4b96288.jpg

Screenshot from ORBX

02.thumb.jpg.18455b0bbcd891272cd5ce145460922a.jpg

When the provided fix will fix this Issue , of cause, I will wait for it. If the provided fix will only fix the issue with the missing scenerylayer I please ORBX for help with the doubble buildings and some missing at the Airport.

Sincerelly

Jörg

Edited by Jörg

• 1 month later...

Hello,

the latest releases were not really service packs but updates just

to make the airports compatible with Australia version 2.

If you use Orbx Central, the updates can be applied using that.

If you are using FTX Central, they have to be applied manually,

using the files from this topic.

@Nick

Just installed the YBCS Scenery via ORBX Central. But it did not show up in the FSX library and instead of taxiing thru the rich ORBX scenery I found myself stranded in the default FSX environment. I run FSX on Win 10.

Your library file and the description what to do solved the issue. Thank you!

Kind regards
Frank

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed the AU v2. My first observations are the stock airports, at least those I have seen in QLD. seem overflowing with buildings compared to the original AU scenery.

I am a tad confused about the airport updates I see in Nicks comment about Graham's post.

Is the idea we load v2, then when done, we have to apply these updates files into the main ORBX folder in P3D. So, in the case of say YBUD_bundaburg.P3D, do I drill into the downloaded file after extraction and do what ? And then it says to open the control panel...Do these stock airports now have their own control panels? I am using FTX Central

Hello,

Australia did not contain any airports at all.

Australia v2 contains upgraded airports for almost all the airports in Australia.

The updates to compatibility with Australia v2 apply only to the Orbx payware and freeware

airports. If you are using Orbx Central, the updates will be applied for you.

Thanks for the quick reply Nick.

OK, the proverbial penny has dropped, and now much clearer. These updates are only for ORBX payware/freeware already owned or now sold via Orbx direct.

If we have some Orbx pay/freeware already, when V2 is applied, some issues maybe evident. By applying the updates mentioned by Graham, it will help resolve some issues.

And yes, I knew Australia AU did not have extra buildings. And great that V2 now has buildings.

If we obtain Orbx airports now, they should be already updated via Orbx Central.

I saw in the V2 user guide I may need to remove a, " Fly Tampa-Sydney_LC" entry. I have this scenery. Any ideas where do I find this file? I looked all over my machine.

Hi,

When I open the Fly Tampa configurator for Sydney or Global, neither mention Australia v2.

OK, found the Fly Tampa Sydney_LC, and stopped it out.

Using a little system search program, "Everything", it finds tons of AU v2, but no mention of control panel associations.

EDIT: ok, applied the YBBN update, and the v2 box appeared. Now double buildings gone. All sweet.

Anyway, no worries. I will create a new post if I encounter further issues. Thanks for the help.

Edited by por930
after applying the YBBN update from Graham.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 11:26 PM, Mitchell Williamson said:

The installer for YBCS has been fixed. If you still encounter this issue, press 'Verify Files' for YBCS in Orbx Central.

Hi Mitchell, I verified files, and even tried to de-install and reinstall again into P3D v4.5 hotfix 2 and the latest build of Orbx Central (but I did not install the file that Nick posted here back in November, as I guess this is included in the latest version of YBCS). Yet, I still see odd features as in the attached images with planes through the roofs or trapped between buildings. Any idea what might be causing this? 

2020-1-14_20-35-17-852.jpg

2020-1-14_20-35-28-483.jpg