Let´s go Out (and -back, though it is no return for me)

Stillwater

After intense sightseeing in & around Sydney ...

... it is now time to get to (slightly) more remote areas. We´re gonna take a flight at 10:05 today.

iFCVy7D.jpg

Always good to check if your baggage is properly stowed. But this picture was too early...

z2t2zGk.jpg

... and this too late. I have no good virtual 737, so I had to make a little deviation, sorry.

kfPNbnU.jpg

On the roll...

fc9PHW8.jpg

X2cu0Km.jpg

... and here we go. The international terminal to our left, ...

1h9jDUh.jpg

... as well as Cooks River.

tdxYlRw.jpg

Climbing out over the Blue Mountains, you can see the famous settlements Wentworth, Leura, Katoomba next to each other.

ICzcjRt.jpg

Orbx customers will recognize Bathurst in this picture (though it is hard to spot the racetrack).

GFfVx3v.jpg

The green NSW plains, ...

DEkLAHh.jpg

a8OLizT.jpg

... but the colours change as we close in to Lake Frome.

u9XU6vQ.jpg

yC65AM7.jpg

This should be the real thing.

86bNhFC.jpg

As we are approaching Lake Eyre, ...

qwVLvF6.jpg

... another colour comes into view.

7ZW31sl.jpg

Fantastic looks, be it in AUv2 or in RL.

GpQp4HJ.jpg

aY8cjUG.jpg

MurWicP.jpg

Virgin Australia not only provided us with good seats, good food and stable WiFi all the way, but also did me the favour to fly sightseeing at low altitude.

e99XcIv.jpg

Still the flight deck people are the first to see this.

vf9rrfl.jpg

At least we were next...

h2Hi5dh.jpg

... with my seat becoming a perfect choice.

PANtYXe.jpg

A brilliant descent into YAYE, ...

mxbclKo.jpg

... passing Kata Tjuta, ...

FVj5PjQ.jpg

... with Yulara (tourist) village in the foreground.

E6aeejY.jpg

bM5IuhF.jpg

Bye bye...

qDZLOme.jpg

... with a big "thanks, mates"!

Ct48Yah.jpg

You can easily imagine this 3-hour flight went so fast for me. All these views! Orbx world in real... a dream. Which will go on.

On 11/1/2019 at 3:11 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Simply divine Gerold!  It shows how well Orbx made this scenery.  And I always LOVE your real photos, it's such a huge thrill to see the comparisons.

Thank you very much, Jack. Indeed Orbx has made this continent in a brilliant way. 

On 11/1/2019 at 4:19 PM, lifejogger said:

Wow Gerold, I really enjoyed your post!!!!!  Nice to see comparisons of the sim world to the real world.

Thanks John. Always a pleasure for me to create this!

On 11/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, JOE DYGAN said:

Such a good idea! Obviously an original & fantastic comparison!
Thanks for sharing and... Have a good trip! 

Cheers :D !

Thank you Joe. Simming makes it possible to enjoy travels much more than just one time.

On 11/1/2019 at 5:12 PM, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful trip Gerold. Great shots.:)

Thank you Karl. Maybe Martyn can make similar tours with Mule Alaska Airways?

23 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand post this Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

23 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful travel log Gerold with your usual ORBX and RL images well shown.:)

Nice to see the A320 in VA colours too.

Can you imagine how much I enjoyed watching the country below me and take all these photos? And how good the memories came up while repeating it here?

23 hours ago, adambar said:

Really enjoyed your R/L- FS post Gerold, great job! :)

Thanks Adam. I was lucky I captured a window seat... ;)

18 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Marvelous stuff - so easy to look at and excellent descriptions, thank you yet again!

Thank you TT. Great to see the Orbx scenery, and still with the need for some OZx fields, stay "tuned"...

15 hours ago, lauriebe said:

Very nice indeed.

Loved the comparison shots.  Works very well.

Thanks you Laurie. Good to read you enjoy it!

11 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Very well done

John

My pleasure, John...

5 hours ago, jean marc said:

fantastic flight and post Gerold !! lucky man to see all these wonders in RL from the plane :)

Merci, Jean Marc. Simply unbelievable to finally see these places after reading and simming so often around them.

Simply outstanding trip report, Gerold! Nothing beats the real life feeling when you look out of the window, along the wing or over the engine... I always try to think of where my views would be best already before booking a seat, but you cannot tell how the wind will blow months in advance... And why did Virgin Australia fly so low? To offer better sightseeing? Wow.

4 minutes ago, paulk said:

What a great idea, I loved it, one of the best I’ve seen on the forum, well done.

Thank you for these compliments, Paul. I like to make these compilations as well...

9 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Simply outstanding trip report, Gerold! Nothing beats the real life feeling when you look out of the window, along the wing or over the engine... I always try to think of where my views would be best already before booking a seat, but you cannot tell how the wind will blow months in advance... And why did Virgin Australia fly so low? To offer better sightseeing? Wow.

Thanks Lars. Indeed the life views are great, and to me much more fascinating when you have seen them before in the sim!

You got a good point, it is a bit of a gamble which side of the plane would be best. In doubt I always take the not-sunny side of the plane, as pictures against the sun are always bad (and the window scratches disturb often too much in sun sunlight).

Why they flew so low? I dunno, maybe they recognized I am an enthusiast. Or the captain recognized me from this forum here, who knows :D?

Archived