Introducing TrueEarth US Northern California HD & SD for X-Plane 11!

1 hour ago, X4711 said:

I would like to ask the Orbx Team , if Orbx might consider introducing a prepurchase option sometime?

There are historical reasons why we won't offer prepurchasing of our products, particularly if we discount them in a sale afterwards. Rest assured you won't have long to wait to fly this amazing region.

19 hours ago, X4711 said:

Wild guess...TE Florida?

I'm guessing the Rockies, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Colorado and maybe down to the Grand Canyon. East of the Rockies, as beautiful as the USA is, is not nearly as breathtaking as the Rockies West. Just saying....

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

There are historical reasons why we won't offer prepurchasing of our products, particularly if we discount them in a sale afterwards. Rest assured you won't have long to wait to fly this amazing region.

Thank you for your answer. I understand. Looking forward to flying over the new region. Also thank you for the wonderful Innsbruck region, I have been there often while traveling to Italy.

Tony -

Thanks for your explanation on why part of Lake Tahoe was omitted. I assumed it was a data/cost issue and that is why i suggested an add-on including the rest of the lake. As some others have suggested adding Reno airport as an enlarged area including the rest of Lake Tahoe is probably the best option,as there is no X-Plane Reno payware. I fly out of KTRK so you have covered all the areas I usually fly in California.

7 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

The airport itself works fine, but the landmarks conflict, so it's a case of balancing scenery order (choosing his city over ours, or waiting on an update).

Or if you can't wait for an update from MisterX and are familiar with the freeware program "Overlay Editor" for XP11, I found it took me maybe 10 minutes of careful clicking and hitting delete to eliminate Mister X's downtown buildings and other "non-airport" scenery elements (I left the automated cable cars), and in beta testing the combined MisterX KSFO airport mixed with Orbx TE and its wonderful POIs work great together.

After TE Northern California's release if you have any questions about how to do this just drop me a note or do a post in our compatibility forum and I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Steve

10 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

I wanted to add it but the 1x1 tile limitation in X-Plane makes this really difficult. The western part of Lake Tahoe is not only on the same tile as a major city, it also has a lot of blacked out areas in terms of orthos and data. To include this one tile would have delayed the product quite significantly as well as increased the cost because we'd need to include the cities as well as purchashing additional expensive data for a product that isn't actually in California... 

Thanks Tony, I totally get it.

On 10/31/2019 at 12:50 PM, fltsimguy said:

Another winner, that will be added to my XP11+ portfolio.

I am not the expert in this but I will say in general I find that Orbx orthos are spectacular, but albeit, tend to be on the "too dark" side in overall brightness, I have found myself actually changing the brightness of my monitors in order to capture what I think is a more realistic colour brightness level, when then means when I fly outside of those areas, I need to reset to darker.

Do you use UWXP or TwickVR? You can easily change brightness levels on the fly with either :)

For True Earth XP11, it's possible that the wind turbines working with the force of the wind real of weather xplane or other weather. If not wind then stop wind turbines. And, too, when there is wind, stop some turbines for maintenance, makes it more real.

thanks you very much

Really looking forward to both NorCal and SoCal but just curious. How does this compare to TrueEarth GB in terms of the underlying photoscenery? I'm aware that it will be available in SD and HD, so which one is closer to the quality seen in GB and which one is suggested for use in VR?

A Request Please.

When you come to create TE Southern California, please would you include the famous Hollywood sign on the hill. This was a serious omission in Laminar's default scenery in my view. Also, I can't believe that they left out one of the most iconic landmarks in South America, and that is the statue of Christ the Redeemer overlooking the city of Rio De Janeiro. If anyone knows of an addon that's been done to add that to my sim, I would be greatful to utilise it. Thanks.

On 11/5/2019 at 11:44 PM, orbmoke said:

A Request Please.

When you come to create TE Southern California, please would you include the famous Hollywood sign on the hill. This was a serious omission in Laminar's default scenery in my view. Also, I can't believe that they left out one of the most iconic landmarks in South America, and that is the statue of Christ the Redeemer overlooking the city of Rio De Janeiro. If anyone knows of an addon that's been done to add that to my sim, I would be greatful to utilise it. Thanks.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/47335-christ-the-redeemer-statue/

6 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Yep, not a problem this will work. Just make sure NoCal is higher in priority than your custom scenery.

Thank you. 

However, I'm having scenery issues with Mister X's KSFO since the airport comes with it's own Ortho and it doesn't blend very well...

6 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Have you placed it quite high in the scenerypack?

It's at the top of my .ini file but when I load it, it comes up with an error message when I launch the sim with something like 'cannot load the sim with this scenery package - try removing the file'.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived