Introducing TrueEarth US Northern California HD & SD for X-Plane 11!

20-62081dc79b99df6cca5ded147ec1c2d0.jpg

Our most ambitious project to date sees us take the next step in bringing more of the X-Plane world to life with our TrueEarth range of products. TrueEarth US Northern California is the result of years of research and development as well as countless hours of crafting together one of the most stunning and diverse regions in North America.

Take off from across the sprawling region and explore to your heart’s content with over 212,000 square kilometers of orthoimagery and accurately placed autogen. The wide-range of landscapes, detailed mountains and stunning coastlines will redefine how you travel across the state in X-Plane 11. Special care and attention has been given to color correction, editing and balancing the orthoimagery to ensure the highest fidelity and quality. Using the latest technology, millions of trees have been accurately placed throughout the entire region and grouped together to create an immersive environment if you enjoy flying close to the ground. The vegetation has been hand-coloured to ensure it blends in perfectly with the ground textures.

Northern California prides itself on its varied landscape, giving you plenty of choice for places to explore. Yosemite National Park, famous for its stunning valleys and flower-covered meadows, find life in X-Plane thanks to the TrueEarth technology. If the wilderness isn’t your thing, then take a trip up the Northern California coast and catch the west-coast sunshine as the light bounces off of your aircraft. The sights you will see will be truly breathtaking.

Set yourself the challenge of finding everything there is to see in Northern California. With nearly 1,000 points of interest to seek out, flying in a GA aircraft has never been so rewarding once you find them all. Seek out Alcatraz Island, Google's headquarters, the Apple "Spaceship" HQ, the massive blimp hangars near San Jose or seek out the many Sonoma County Vineyards

bk9FJBh.jpg

Just a small sample of the POI models for the San Francisco tile alone! (Click to expand image to view in 4K)

The most exciting element of North California is the variety of topography throughout the region, meaning you could spend days exploring and still find uniqueness throughout. The rugged coastlines up by Big Sur and Shelter Cove make for excellent expeditions, whilst seeing the peaks of Mt Shasta and the Sierra Nevada is simply breathtaking.

Perhaps you want a more urban experience? The beautiful cityscape of San Francisco has been fully modeled with the latest PBR techniques for a detailed rendition of the City by the Bay. Take the challenge of flying under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco or fly right over Silicon Valley in San Jose.  Whatever your preference, TrueEarth US NorCal for X-Plane 11 will have something for you.

And if you're a PilotEdge user, enjoy the skies above NorCal with full real-time ATC with actual human controllers!

TrueEarth US Northern California HD vs SD

Exactly as we have done with TrueEarth US Washington and TrueEarth US Oregon, Northern California will be available in two versions - high definition (HD) 212GB and standard definition (SD) 53GB. The only difference between these two products is the ground texture resolution. If disk space is a concern, check out the SD version of TrueEarth US NorCal, which provides the same regional coverage, but at just a a quarter of the disk space. The slightly reduced texture resolution still provides incredible detail but enables smoother performance for those with older graphics cards. If you prefer the full fidelity, we recommend the HD version for best resolution. 

FEATURES

• 212,000 km2 of hand-corrected/cleaned aerial imagery in 1m/px resolution (HD version) or 2m/px resolution (SD version)
  • Millions of individual autogen trees/shrubs, grouped by type and hand-corrected for maximum realism across the entire region
  • Explore and soar over the stunning San Francisco Cityscape crafted with full PBR effects
  • Nearly 1,000 custom PBR POIs placed around the state; including San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, Silicon Valley and many, many more.
  • All major cities accurately modeled, including SFO, Sacramento, San Jose, Oakland, Monterey, Fresno, Redding and many others.
  • Millions of themed and efficient PBR autogen buildings placed to match the aerial imagery across the entire region
  • Ultra detailed elevation mesh sourced from 10m DEM to bring out great detail in the coastline and mountains
  • Beautiful hand-cleaned water-masking, which blends in beautifully
  • Many marinas have hand-placed 3D boats added
  • Blends in seamlessly with TrueEarth US Oregon and the upcoming TrueEarth US Southern California (in development) to provide even more US coverage

COVERAGE MAP

gAlr1lB.jpg

Stay tuned for more previews over the coming week! 

Note: screenshots are taken from both HD and SD versions.

42-eda24de573824d3de643f94882a632c7.jpg

20-17e6ed609538bcdd96c62bf17a451ad6.jpg

20-a3e77e8c460990a0912039f3afc5a3ef.jpg

629-a3c9ca9ad9266e3ac194517603d5123d.jpg

42-51ff1673aaf87da92b088eb0158a5bb2.jpg

42-0e6d9c1e551ffe1a7a0fc2b1332b9617.jpg

20-d3705767f4e454860c4c5ea7343d7116.jpg

63-bfe9c25f602a66c6d0c3050b8394e40d.jpg

20-45da5cc77eda84bdf625361561ecd0dd.jpg

20-986459b1046b7eae1d316abeb42cf642.jpg

629-ac16712a3124f6f1a2b431b47787fcb7.jpg

63-72e9c34f30c92daa8552a47e843cdc09.jpg

629-0aea8f2e845bf490999f3924f95621b8.jpg

629-ce3aea001d8de2f515a6d0cc90ef8014.jpg

42-52a9a47715504aeff2745be903db38c9.jpg

629-dc51c50042ff50b998732c130d790559.jpg

42-ff1366cbad5dab34a18b64dbeb4f37d3.jpg

42-2529580962e5275ac492c4d34e96e534.jpg

63-58405338108af808bd11b92d441f33eb.jpg

42-7ff8c9dfb37948e7c3336fd8a2858337.jpg

63-fc8a550fcaf86ce7de726ff1bce3a571.jpg

629-7c540a4dd0af492d63415072927c6174.jpg

42-af2a98433b7b57343becf40f74f18185.jpg

629-867bbf2d324f307a2ed6e57898630f5c.jpg

629-614a02486b5d16ad719332298229d443.jpg

42-b1529a42362c247f83fd98ce478e3d61.jpg

20-7c4363a1b19ac73c1528cadfe59b2283.jpg

FSX/P3D customers have had large regions since 2007, XP customers only for one year. We're not squashing anyone. Only last week we released a major airport for P3D and XP11 at the exact same second.

P3D cannot handle large scale ortho regions nearly as well, which is why we are now spending $$$ re-engineering TEGB South for P3D to try and make it perform on a similar level. Once that project is complete we can catch up for P3D. Our mission is to give customers the best blend of visuals, performance and disk footprint size, so we're working hard to make that happen.

P.S. Can we please not ruin this announcement topic with sim war discussions and negative sentiments? Our moderators will ensure we keep things civil.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

Os clientes FSX / P3D têm grandes regiões desde 2007, clientes XP apenas por um ano. Não estamos esmagando ninguém. Somente na semana passada, lançamos um grande aeroporto para P3D e XP11 exatamente no mesmo segundo.

O P3D também não consegue lidar com regiões orto em larga escala, e é por isso que agora estamos gastando $ $ em engenharia de novo no TEGB South para o P3D tentar fazê-lo executar em um nível semelhante. Quando esse projeto estiver concluído, podemos recuperar o atraso do P3D. Nossa missão é oferecer aos clientes a melhor combinação de visual, desempenho e tamanho da pegada de disco, por isso estamos trabalhando duro para que isso aconteça.

PS: Por favor, não podemos arruinar este tópico do anúncio com discussões sobre guerra sim e sentimentos negativos? Nossos moderadores garantirão que mantemos as coisas civis.

I appreciate the clarification but, let me tell you, I have TEGB South for P3D and it works beautifully, just in the London area breaks a little. I keep on waiting because I do not want to change simulator, since I already have a considerable amount invested in P3D.

Yes we are working on SoCal right now, as well as another TE region for the USA which is a little more advanced than SoCal ;)

Not sure which of those will surface first, but hey, more TE goodness is not a bad thing!

Wild guess...TE Florida?

Hi John,

You kindly let me fly this region on your simulator at Cosford. As a user of both platforms (P3D & XP), I understand that scenery is just going to look better on XP due to its design. I have all of your Western USA regions for P3D and already have Washington and Oregon HD for XP. I can't wait to purchase Northern California :)

Thanks for giving XP the ORBX treatment :D

1 hour ago, X4711 said:

Wild guess...TE Florida?

My guess is New England Maritime.

Love the pace these TE series are coming out. Highly looking forward to So-Cal. Will be picking up this Nor-Cal one upon release. Found I get better frames when in clear skies so the idea of flying in locations like So-Cal/Nor-Cal where also seasons are such a big deal makes things all the better for me. Also thanks Jarrad for the shout out of PilotEdge. Your scenery, a SimCoder REP plane, VR, FSEconomy and PilotEdge is true immersion blurring the lines of reality.

Another winner, that will be added to my XP11+ portfolio.

I am not the expert in this but I will say in general I find that Orbx orthos are spectacular, but albeit, tend to be on the "too dark" side in overall brightness, I have found myself actually changing the brightness of my monitors in order to capture what I think is a more realistic colour brightness level, when then means when I fly outside of those areas, I need to reset to darker.

The scenery looks great and I will be buying it. I do have a question: Why was the tile covering the rest of Lake Tahoe not included in Northern California? Anyone flying over the lake on approach to KTLV will have a jarring contrast between looking west and looking east. Further south there is coverage of some of Nevada in Northern California. I was disappointed when the P3D NCA region omitted part of Lake Tahoe, hoped the True Earth Version would include the whole lake. Perhaps the rest of the lake could be included in an enhancement package similar to the package for Washington.

31 minutes ago, Dusterman said:

The scenery looks great and I will be buying it. I do have a question: Why was the tile covering the rest of Lake Tahoe not included in Northern California? Anyone flying over the lake on approach to KTLV will have a jarring contrast between looking west and looking east. Further south there is coverage of some of Nevada in Northern California. I was disappointed when the P3D NCA region omitted part of Lake Tahoe, hoped the True Earth Version would include the whole lake. Perhaps the rest of the lake could be included in an enhancement package similar to the package for Washington.

My view, I tend to agree, while one can keep adding ortho tiles, and it does get addictive, you have to draw the line somewhere, but in this case Lake Tahoe sits at high elevation, is a major airport stopover...so one more tile east would have been really welcomed in this area particularly....this then would have brought in most likely Reno and Carson City just because the tile is that big.

Actually I had a look, and to do it up the best one would need to add two tiles, one immediately east of Lake Tahoe and another one just north, this would bring in 1/2 dozen airports, including Full coverage of Reno and Carson City, but as I said it gets addicting because this would then create a major line through Pyramid Lake, which if you know the area, is a lake as large a Tahoe.

40 minutes ago, Dusterman said:

11 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

My view, I tend to agree, while one can keep adding ortho tiles, and it does get addictive, you have to draw the line somewhere, but in this case Lake Tahoe sits at high elevation, is a major airport stopover...so one more tile east would have been really welcomed in this area particularly....this then would have brought in most likely Reno and Carson City just because the tile is that big.

Sadly, I couldn't get anyone's attention on this.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/178385-te-northern-california-release-lake-tahoe/

Like... seriously... just take my blood or my first born (which I will never have).  This looks absolutely amazing and, once there's Northern *and* Southern California (along with the existing Oregon and Washington) you're going to find MANY takers! I will gladly remove all my existing Ortho4XP tiles in these areas.

Cheers!

I am so looking forward to this. When I first installed plane I flew from Half Moon Bay, KHAF, up the coast into San Fransisco Bay expecting to see the Golden Gate Bridge.After reading how great graphics in plane I was expecting to be impressed. I was so disappointed to find it shown as a generic bridge that is about as impressive as the I-10 bridge across Lake Pontchartrain that I simply gave up on plane and went back to FSX with enjoying flying my A2A aircraft in ORBX Pacific Northwest.

48 minutes ago, woodsongkp said:

I am so looking forward to this. When I first installed plane I flew from Half Moon Bay, KHAF, up the coast into San Fransisco Bay expecting to see the Golden Gate Bridge.After reading how great graphics in plane I was expecting to be impressed. I was so disappointed to find it shown as a generic bridge that is about as impressive as the I-10 bridge across Lake Pontchartrain that I simply gave up on plane and went back to FSX with enjoying flying my A2A aircraft in ORBX Pacific Northwest.

I guess you never discovered MisterX6's fantastic payware quality (but free) KSFO and SF city? In some small way I'll be a little sad to say goodbye to it when this comes out!

1 hour ago, masterofnone said:

I guess you never discovered MisterX6's fantastic payware quality (but free) KSFO and SF city? In some small way I'll be a little sad to say goodbye to it when this comes out!

I have a lot of Mister-x's stuff, but I haven't tried his KSFO, hopefully he will update it to use with Orbx TE.

1 hour ago, NDRustyfan said:

I have a lot of Mister-x's stuff, but I haven't tried his KSFO, hopefully he will update it to use with Orbx TE.

My guess is that after releasing TE NC they will start releasing airports to go with it, as they've done with TE GB...have to imagine KSFO would be one of the first.

1 hour ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi All,

Although Excited, please remember this is an Orbx Preview Post of an upcoming title, there  is a compatibility section to discuss what goes with what. 

I would like to ask the Orbx Team , if Orbx might consider introducing a prepurchase option sometime?

12 hours ago, Dusterman said:

The scenery looks great and I will be buying it. I do have a question: Why was the tile covering the rest of Lake Tahoe not included in Northern California? Anyone flying over the lake on approach to KTLV will have a jarring contrast between looking west and looking east. Further south there is coverage of some of Nevada in Northern California

I wanted to add it but the 1x1 tile limitation in X-Plane makes this really difficult. The western part of Lake Tahoe is not only on the same tile as a major city, it also has a lot of blacked out areas in terms of orthos and data. To include this one tile would have delayed the product quite significantly as well as increased the cost because we'd need to include the cities as well as purchashing additional expensive data for a product that isn't actually in California... 

Archived