Vector Issues at NZWP - Whenuapai

Squirel

I had issues with sunken runways at Whenuapai (NZWP). I was looking for an alternative airport to NZAA that had ILS available and Whenuapai suited well except that the height issues made it unusable. I had all sorts of "stuff" installed with FSX but with my Prepar3D installation, stuck with ORBX vector scenery worldwide including most of my airports. The only non- ORBX airport scenery I have installed is for Wellington, Christchurch, Nelson & Dunedin. Certainly noting in the Auckland area. In trying to find a solution for my NZWP issues (I had already run the FTX Central Vector utility without success), I checked the forums and found an entry in the FSX Support forums as below. The directory structures in Lockheed Prepar3d are similar to FSX so I was able to go to Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY\scenery  to ensure that the 4 files mentioned in the post were there - and they were. I then checked Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery and found NZWP_ADEX_VLC_ALT.bgl which I renamed NZWP_ADEX_VLC_ALT.old. This solved my problem. I have posted this in the hope that it helps another forum user.

• Like 1