Monument Valley -- buttes missing!

Mac6737

I downloaded Orbx Monument Valley freeware (which includes Airport UT25) months ago, and it has been splendid. 

The other night, however,  I returned to UT25 to discover the buttes were all missing.  (The airport and buildings seemed all OK.)  So I uninstalled the Monument Valley freeware scenery, re-downloaded it from Orbx Central and reinstalled.  Still no buttes!

If a total uninstall and reinstall doesn't fix this, what else can I try?

Thanks all,

Mav6737

5 hours ago, BigBend91 said:

I downloaded Orbx Monument Valley freeware ....... what freeware Mac ; Orbx only has payware for this area .

Ben

Hello,

do not worry, the "payware" product is the one in question.

Mav6737

The "buttes" rely on objectflow to be displayed.

It may not be installed, or depending on what the customer has done with Orbx Central

and FTX Central, it may be installed twice, in which case, it tends not to work.

If using FTX Central, there is an Objectflow 2 folder in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.

If using Orbx Central, objectflow must be installed into an Orbx Central Library.

Only one option will do.

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

The "buttes" rely on objectflow to be displayed.

It may not be installed, or depending on what the customer has done with Orbx Central

and FTX Central, it may be installed twice, in which case, it tends not to work.

If using FTX Central, there is an Objectflow 2 folder in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.

If using Orbx Central, objectflow must be installed into an Orbx Central Library.

Only one option will do.

Thank you, Nick. 

Right, it WAS payware.

What you say makes sense, in that I'm pretty sure I converted to Orbx Central from FTX Central (which I was told I must do) sometime after installing Monument Valley. 

However, on my PC the folder "Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons" is empty and FTX Central is no longer installed.

So, how do I get "objectflow," and how does one install anything into an OrbxCentral library?

Mac6737

21 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Once done, Objectflow is to be found in the list named "My Products".

I don't think I've had any problems creating a library, and I have been using Orbx Central for months.

Since my last post, I fooled around in "Settings" and discovered I have the Objectflow folder In Orbx Library/P3dv4/Orbxobjectflow.

I also discovered, way down at the bottom of "My Products," a Miscellaneous category, with Objectflow and SimObject Display Engine.

So I verified the files, and was told Objectflow is installed and up-to-date.  So is Monument Valley.

The scenery is clearly there, along with Goulding's resort, Navaho Park Hqtrs. and the planes parked at UT25.  But still no buttes!  Here's a screenshot.

What I don't understand is why the ONLY thing in Orbx Library is Objectflow.  So there must be another Orbx Library somewhere.  Yes?

Mac6737

1307425689_MonumentValley3.thumb.jpg.c33a088ec46faf8fe80e934798b9366c.jpg     

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

how many instances of Objectflow 2 are there in your in-game P3D v4 add-ons menu?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, that folder is EMPTY.  I suppose I could simply copy the Objectflow folder to the Addons and see what happens.

Here's another datum, if you can stand it:  I went to Orbx Central and checked all of my (many) Orbx products.  All of them --  EXCEPT Global Base Pack and the 2 Miscellaneous products -- invite me to "Migrate to Library."  To this liberal arts major, this suggest that most everything is someplace other than where Objectflow is located.  But I can't imagine why Base Pack wouldn't be where everything else is.  Other than my problems with Monument Valley and Murray Island (remember?) my scenery is great!

I have to sign off for the day.

Mac6737     

Hello,

your in-game P3D v4 add-ons menu is not a folder but an item in the Options

drop down list that you will see at the top of the P3D screen when using it.

if your products offer the option to migrate, it means that they are presently

installed into the P3D root folder.

You are under no obligation to migrate any of them.

The products that at present do not offer that option cannot be migrated.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

your in-game P3D v4 add-ons menu is not a folder but an item in the Options

drop down list that you will see at the top of the P3D screen when using it.

Nick,

Perhaps so, but -- as you said, above --there is ALSO a folder entitled "Prepar3D v4 Addons" in Documents.  That's the one that was empty.

So, just for the heck of it, I copied the Orbxobjectflow folder in my Orbx Library and pasted it into the previously-empty folder in Documents.  Behold:

1099180605_MonumentValley4.thumb.jpg.b434d61785dbcaf184f886fc87932902.jpg

Now, maybe someone can tell me why the Add-ons menu in the drop-down list under Options contains THREE items (Objectflow plus SODE and Buildings), whereas the corresponding folder in my OrbxLibrary/P3d v4 folder contains only Objectflow.

Thanks again,

Mac6737 

Hello,

SODE is not installed into an Orbx Central Library.

I must assume that HD Buildings must be installed into your ORBX folder inside P3D v4.

As you had Objectflow installed into an Orbx Central Library, perhaps Orbx Central does not see it.

Please check that the target for that library as recorded in Orbx Central is the same as the actual

location of your Orbx Central Library files.

Nick,

You needn't spend more time on this, especially since I seem to have solved the problem. 

But since you are an Administrator, you may want to know that this user can't imagine how Orbx Central can fail to "see" a folder in an Orbx Central library! 

Also, please note that I when purchase a product from Orbx, I never try to second-guess the installer.  Wherever things are on my system, Orbx put 'em there.

Mac6737

Archived