If only...

macca22au

LM had the technique or the will to shift all default airports off these platforms, then maybe the MS newcomer would have had a harder road.  This is on LC North America which is less than perfect, but the airport platforms really reduce the quality.  Sometimes in the RW airports, especially bush strips are hard to find, this makes it all too easy.

kOyI43R.png

I agree.

My orbx airports I find very hard to find, since they are enhanced well and blend in.  The default airports have a distinct ground color and the runway color is always the same and everything is just too easy to find.

Not sure if there is an easy way to do this, but it would sure be a great improvement to FS.

I never intended for this to be a discussion about LC North America.  It was intended to draw attention to the default airports and their unreal platforms.  My comment was that if LM had taken the time, or had the techniques they could have converted them, yes the whole 40000, to a much more realistic format to fit the default and add-on scenery.

I also suggested that if they had done that, we may not be as eagerly enthusiastic over the new sim.

It was meant to be a General Discussion item.

It was just a reflection on where we have got to now with the defaults in LM.   It is far too late to ask them.  My concern is that LM has lost the race up to now, and seem accepting of the result.  A General Discussion might have reminded me of the fact that LM is only licenced to MS...but worry not, my attempt at cerebration has flopped totally.

Archived