OpenLC Africa & Asia Progress | Preview | Pictures?

Captain Lars

Hello again,

how's the progress of our beloved and much requested OpenLC products for Africa and Asia? Are we nearing the Beta phase finally? I would be very grateful for any news, and especially, pictures! Could you share some new pictures with us?

That would be very awesome,

Thank you

Lars

Hello,

as soon as there are preview images available for public view, I am sure that they will be made available.

Orbx are as keen to have this delayed product released as the customers are to see it released.

However, it is a very large project and cannot be ready "until it is ready".

Landclass does indeed look very accurate!
Slightly concerned over the green tinge to the textures, especially in #1.

(There's also a distinct lack of oil tankers ablaze and fast attack boats in the Straits of Hormuz) :ph34r:

14 hours ago, F737NG said:

concerned over the green tinge to the textures, 

Me too. That much green also in the Jebel al Harim peninsula and Bandar Abbas region ? Maybe the cause is the extreme zoom out which blurs everything. 

Looking forward to see a little closer, the  Straits of Tiran KSA side, Jerusalem and the Jordan Valley, Lagos urban sprawl, the red mountain massif in Mali, the red Congo river in the jungle in Kisangani, Zanzibar ...

16 hours ago, F737NG said:

Landclass does indeed look very accurate!
Slightly concerned over the green tinge to the textures, especially in #1.

(There's also a distinct lack of oil tankers ablaze and fast attack boats in the Straits of Hormuz) :ph34r:

Just a thought , If  you  fly over this region at night,  the green texture  will be gone,  and  you  will  then see anything that is ablaze or so I think:smile: . After all  the project it still on Beta  stage  and to early  for serious comments. I, on the other  hand really look  forward , to expand my horizons  with this release .

Charles 

3 hours ago, dominique said:

Maybe the cause is the extreme zoom out which blurs everything. 

I hope so.

56 minutes ago, YAMBA1 said:

Just a thought , If  you  fly over this region at night,  the green texture  will be gone,  and  you  will  then see anything that is ablaze or so I think:smile: . After all  the project it still on Beta  stage  and to early  for serious comments. I, on the other  hand really look  forward , to expand my horizons  with this release .

I did say that I'm only "slightly concerned", however colour is such a massive element of the landclass product that I thought it should be noted.

Very much looking forward to the release of this one.

4 hours ago, YAMBA1 said:

Just a thought , If  you  fly over this region at night,  the green texture  will be gone,  and  you  will  then see anything that is ablaze or so I think:smile:

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

however colour is such a massive element of the landclass product that I thought it should be noted.

As long as it is not glowing green at night like in OpenLC SA Venezuela. ;) 

Archived