Orbx Central Libraries

edpatino

According to the ORBX Central Manual, you should have created a Library (or several ones) in ORBX Central to install new products. At the same time, you cannot select a Library located inside the main sim directory (see Page 19 of the Manual).

I guess the only way to go is installing the new ORBX products outside the main sim directory.

Since this is a very good question I also have for myself, maybe someone from ORBX could chime in and explain better?.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Hi Nick:

Still a bit confusing. To install directly into the main sim folder, and for P3Dv4 do we have to choose the button for X-Plane 11 Folder or there is a button also for P3Dv4 (not shown)?.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Hello,

each simulator has its own version of this choice.

Which one you see depends on which simulator you selected when you opened Orbx Central.

3.jpg

To cover all the options, you will see one of these:

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

You will not see one for FSX or FSX-SE because FSX and FSX-SE do not support installing products outside the simulator root folder.

You will not see the named libraries at the right hand side until you have created them.

You can place them wherever you wish to and give them a name of your choice.

If you have not done so, you will see this:

4.jpg

and of course the same for each of the other simulators, except FSX and FSX-SE, when you will not see this message at all.

Please note.

You must have a minimum of one Orbx Central Library for P3D v4, to install Objectflow.

There is no requirement to install any other products into that Orbx Central Library.

There is no requirement to create an Orbx Central Library for X Plane 11 or Aerofly FS 2.

You cannot create an Orbx Central Library for FSX or for FSX-SE.

• Like 2