recent discovery of stutters

chris b

Just thought I'd share this for anyone else that might be experiencing the same issue I was dealing with.

Recently switched over to Orbx Central, all went relatively smoothly, unfortunately I failed to do any flights after loading each individual scenery.

Anyway, after everything was installed and in order,I noticed that i was now experiencing stutters I didn't have before, not real bad, about every minute or so, but enough to

prompt me to start looking into it. After going through usual procedures for tracking it down, turning off scenery's 1 by 1, I narrowed it down to my

Open LC NA, then to the NA OLC Lights folder, I turned that folder off and that solved the issue, at least for daytime, haven't checked night time yet but glad to have gotten that far, for now.

Still not sure what specifically within that folder maybe causing the stuttering.

I'll need to do some further searching.

If anyone else is experiencing the same and finds the file/files responsible, I'd be interested in your finding.

Thanks.

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to recent discovery of stutters
7 hours ago, chris b said:

Free tool at Lorby Si website

Yes, I'm a long time user of this tool. Very useful and surely helps to troubleshoot your scenery.CFG and add-on.xml layers when you have an issue with scenery display/order. Hopefully now ORBX Central 4.0.16 is stable enough for not causing unwanted reorders of the scenery.cfg layers involving openLC and Vector and display issues as experimented during the use of the Central previous versions.

Cheers, Ed

Archived