Scenery

Jack

Will need a lot more detail about the actual problem in order to try and help.

What Orbx addons?

What installer are you using. It should be Orbx Central now as FTX central is being phased out?

Are you reinstalling or copy/paste, creating a new Library?

What are your PC specs?

What OS are you on, Windows, Mac?

Please help us help you.

Hi Jon,

Its basically all European scenery for XP11.

Its FTX Central as I didnt realise there was such thing. Do I need to uninstall all addons and put orbx central on?

Its an i7-9700K, RTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM, 256GB M.2 and 4TB Samsung EVO SSD

Windows 10

7 minutes ago, Jack said:

Hi Jon,

Its basically all European scenery for XP11.

Its FTX Central as I didnt realise there was such thing. Do I need to uninstall all addons and put orbx central on?

Its an i7-9700K, RTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM, 256GB M.2 and 4TB Samsung EVO SSD

Windows 10

No if they are all installed. You say that they are "not installing£ in your 1st post but your 2nd post refers to uninstalling them. Do they show as installed in your Custom Scenery?

Attach your scenery_packs.ini for review

27 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

No if they are all installed. You say that they are "not installing£ in your 1st post but your 2nd post refers to uninstalling them. Do they show as installed in your Custom Scenery?

Attach your scenery_packs.ini for review

What I mean is they're installing bscenery_packs.iniut to me when I load up X-Plane it just seems default. On that file its showing up Orbx is installed..

That is TEGB showing but you have got your World Objects set really low. You need to set the World Objects to max and have the XP London Landmarks placed just below Global Airports as per the scenery_packs.ini I sent you.

If you PC specs cannot take World Objects set to max then I suggest experimenting with lower graphics settings to start with, especially Texture set to High if not lower depending on the performance you get.

7 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

That is TEGB showing but you have got your World Objects set really low. You need to set the World Objects to max and have the XP London Landmarks placed just below Global Airports as per the scenery_packs.ini I sent you.

If you PC specs cannot take World Objects set to max then I suggest experimenting with lower graphics settings to start with, especially Texture set to High if not lower depending on the performance you get.

This is it set to max. My GTX 1080 looked better than this..

267639837_Cessna_172SP-2019-10-1116_03_33.thumb.png.322ce67b9743fed6804d37e325536fd9.png

Cessna_172SP - 2019-10-11 16.03.53.png

Cessna_172SP - 2019-10-11 16.04.04.png

13 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I assume we can close this topic now as we have established that you have indeed got TEGB installed and displaying correctly. All that is left for you to do is to find the best graphics settings your PC will allow to enable smooth flying.

But the graphics looks really poor. Would a reinstall do anything?

7 minutes ago, Jack said:

But the graphics looks really poor. Would a reinstall do anything?

The graphics are based on ZL17 in TEGB. To improve the look you will need to set your Texture Quality setting to max  and your HDR settings to Max, but I will leave that with you as I don't know your PC specs. The display of the textures are best viewed at above 2000ft with your graphics settings as high as possible.

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

The graphics are based on ZL17 in TEGB. To improve the look you will need to set your Texture Quality setting to max  and your HDR settings to Max, but I will leave that with you as I don't know your PC specs. The display of the textures are best viewed at above 2000ft with your graphics settings as high as possible.

All the settings are already maxed out.

21 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

So if I install the new orbx central will I have to reinstall all the addons I installed using ftx?

Archived