Martyn's here!

Jack Sawyer

Yay!!!! Martyn and Jack!!! So nice to see you two hanging out face to face and enjoying some flying. How great does it feel to finally meet a friend from across the globe for the first time? Amazing!!

6 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Yay!!!! Martyn and Jack!!! So nice to see you two hanging out face to face and enjoying some flying. How great does it feel to finally meet a friend from across the globe for the first time? Amazing!!

Thanks Landon, it IS amazing.  Martyn and his brother are very nice people.  We plan on visiting some cool places like Warner-Robins air museum, flying R/C planes, and other things.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon, it IS amazing.  Martyn and his brother are very nice people.  We plan on visiting some cool places like Warner-Robins air museum, flying R/C planes, and other things.

That sounds like a good time Jack. I hope you all enjoy yourselves and I am sure you guys will create some awesome memories. Have fun!

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Aw that is just wonderful guys. I am so sorry to have missed you in Vancouver Martyn. Enjoy your meeting. Thank you for posting. Bye the bye you guys look great.:)

Thanks Karl!  It' so cool to actually see him.  Wer'e going to Warner Robins and several other cool places.

Nice one guys...great to see the forum spawning ‘real’ friendships from our ‘virtual’ sim hobby...

I am at the Flightsim show at Cosford tomorrow, but never get to meet fellow members, I always drop by the Orbx stand to see if I can recognise anybody, but we all seem to walk down the isles not knowing one from another! and jostling to view the stands...still great to have this show and be amongst ‘my own’ for a few hours :smile:

Tha Boyz (as the youngsters say :lol:) .  Great to see you guys meeting face to face, and also great to put a face to your names here on the forum.  Have an awesome time guys!  I am envious as I know you will be having a blast together.

I like your yoke, and the rest of your setup Jack.  Also, I just read your post the other day about your large maps, and there they are in the photo.

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots and hope you have a great time, really impressed you got orbx in the shot.....sounds like some fun planned, enjoy it......

Thanks Wain!  Yeah, I wanted to show him the new Hawaii and both he and his brother were VERY impressed because they pointed out all the landmarks they visited while there recently.  They said Orbx absolutely nailed this scenery.

3 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Nice one guys...great to see the forum spawning ‘real’ friendships from our ‘virtual’ sim hobby...

I am at the Flightsim show at Cosford tomorrow, but never get to meet fellow members, I always drop by the Orbx stand to see if I can recognise anybody, but we all seem to walk down the isles not knowing one from another! and jostling to view the stands...still great to have this show and be amongst ‘my own’ for a few hours :smile:

Thanks Capt!  I agree, it's amazing. And I'm envious, I'd love to go to a show like this, maybe someday.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots - and how great it is to see you two meeting! I just imagine how much humor is combined in that room now...

Please do not teach each other how to fly, I would expect serious offenses against all good rules then :D.

Thanks Gerold!  A lot I can tell you, Martyn's humor is infectious.  

Now you just gave me great idea! :D

2 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Tha Boyz (as the youngsters say :lol:) .  Great to see you guys meeting face to face, and also great to put a face to your names here on the forum.  Have an awesome time guys!  I am envious as I know you will be having a blast together.

I like your yoke, and the rest of your setup Jack.  Also, I just read your post the other day about your large maps, and there they are in the photo.

Thanks Scott!  It really is amazing that Martyn came here from the other side of the world, and he and his brother have had quite the amazing trip.

Thanks for the compliments on the setup, I've been very fortunate. I bought both of those maps at Office Depot, well worth it and it's neat to place those stickies where all my Orbx stuff is.

1 minute ago, gumbypickett said:

Wow what can I say. Jack you look exactly like your profile (sorry) and KDK

you look nothing like yours. Never mind good to see the both of you legends.:D

cheers

Gumby

:lol:  Thanks Gumby!  Legends?  Martyn is legendary for his puns, I'm just delight to finally meet him. :)

Great to meet you both in the pixels of real people, rather than just as script on these pages.  And Jack your profile icon on the forum does not do you justice, in fact you look like a real person!  And I have just completed a KATL- KMEM flight as part of my testing Delta routes.  I started close to you both in this dreamworld a little over an hour ago.

Isn't that great.....finally Jack and Martyn met each other in real life.  When Georgia and Australia meet each other......

And, can you imagine.......they don't talk 'how 're you doing' or 'how was your journey'......no, the first thing they did was put on their yellow shirts, grab the yellow chopper and do some acrobatic flying...pffffff.

Isn't that real love for flying :lol:

Cheers -Fred-

What a wonderful forum?!  Made my day guys. The Orbx world is huge yet small if you know what I mean. Thank you for posting Jack. This type of thread really warms my heart. G'day to you both.

Cheers

Graeme :)

1 hour ago, boetie said:

What a wonderful forum?!  Made my day guys. The Orbx world is huge yet small if you know what I mean. Thank you for posting Jack. This type of thread really warms my heart. G'day to you both.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme, really appreciate it.  It’s fun and Martyn and his brother are really nice people.  I agree, this world has gotten smaller.  And what I love is listening to a chronological list of their travels.  Very fascinating and they are very fortunate to do this and I consider myself fortunate to have met him in person.

3 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Dam is that you Jack, the both of you are looking good. Saw in one of the top posts that we should all show our faces so to speak so every one knows who we are. :lol:. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. :rolleyes:. Derek.

Thanks Derek!  I didn’t see that post.  I’ll have to look for it and if I can’t find it do you have a link?

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Isn't that great.....finally Jack and Martyn met each other in real life.  When Georgia and Australia meet each other......

And, can you imagine.......they don't talk 'how 're you doing' or 'how was your journey'......no, the first thing they did was put on their yellow shirts, grab the yellow chopper and do some acrobatic flying...pffffff.

Isn't that real love for flying :lol:

Cheers -Fred-

:lol: That had me rolling with laughter Freed!  So much appreciate everyone’s kind words.

5 hours ago, macca22au said:

Great to meet you both in the pixels of real people, rather than just as script on these pages.  And Jack your profile icon on the forum does not do you justice, in fact you look like a real person!  And I have just completed a KATL- KMEM flight as part of my testing Delta routes.  I started close to you both in this dreamworld a little over an hour ago.

Thanks Don!  My “Fred” avatar is from my comics so I stuck with, it’s dopey but I like it.  :lol:

As for your flights I think it’s brilliant what you’re doing.  I love when people make flights based on real world schedules.

Archived