ORBX Insertion is all over the place

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3D v4.5 hotfix2

Screenshot:  See attached

Issue:  Not too sure the genesis of this issue, but it is either when I transited to the new ORBX Central Platform, or when I updated the client with Hotfix 2 - or both.  All I know is my layering is a mess and I cannot seem to fix it, even when I sync the simulator and specifically state where to start the layering (basically under layer 83 (Ottawa 2018)).  I have FTX files right at the top, I have Europe landclass files at the middle of my list (conflicting with scenery, EHAM is a mess, its like sunken).  I did not provide screenshots for all of my layering, but the mess continues on with random ORBX / FTX layers continuing down...

I seriously need help on this, I have no idea on how to fix it.  I tried the layering tool within ORBX Central (no dice), I even sync the sim within the ORBX Central tool - still no dice.

Wtf Layering 6.jpg

Wtf Layering 5.jpg

Wtf Layering 4.jpg

Wtf Layering 3.jpg

Wtf Layering 2.jpg

Wtf Layering 1.jpg

central.log

• panzer2181 changed the title to ORBX Insertion is all over the place

Hello,

they are added when Global Base is installed into the P3D v4 folder.

I would think, however that you can delete them.

I would hope that this will go away when it is finally possible to install Global Base outside

the P3D folder along with everything else.

I had to disable these to avoid conflicts with local scenery... Very weird.

Also, I seem to even have duplicates (as seen in the picture with file names with numbers in parentheses).  Is this normal?  If not, is there a way to fix this?

FTX_NA_CRM and LOWI appearing at the top of the scenery library is definitely not normal and this may be related to an installation issue with some products we've recently resolved. Can you try to press 'Verify Files' on Central Rockies and LOWI? This should then layer these two correctly.

2 hours ago, panzer2181 said:

Also, I seem to even have duplicates (as seen in the picture with file names with numbers in parentheses).  Is this normal?  If not, is there a way to fix this?

This is normal. When installed into the simulator, these files would all go into the same folder and have a single scenery entry. When installing into a library (and using add-on.xml), they all have separate layers.

The three OLC entries sitting in the middle of the scenery library isn't normal either and these are installed with Global Base. Can you try to run 'Verify Files' on Global Base as well?

On 10/1/2019 at 9:24 PM, Mitchell Williamson said:

FTX_NA_CRM and LOWI appearing at the top of the scenery library is definitely not normal and this may be related to an installation issue with some products we've recently resolved. Can you try to press 'Verify Files' on Central Rockies and LOWI? This should then layer these two correctly.

This is normal. When installed into the simulator, these files would all go into the same folder and have a single scenery entry. When installing into a library (and using add-on.xml), they all have separate layers.

The three OLC entries sitting in the middle of the scenery library isn't normal either and these are installed with Global Base. Can you try to run 'Verify Files' on Global Base as well?

So the good news -- verify files did help for FTX_NA_CRM and LOWI.  However, for those three rogue files from Global Base, they remained and were actually re-activated.  I re-deactivated them after seeing the conflict they were creating... 

See image.

what the.jpg

23 hours ago, panzer2181 said:

So the good news -- verify files did help for FTX_NA_CRM and LOWI.  However, for those three rogue files from Global Base, they remained and were actually re-activated.  I re-deactivated them after seeing the conflict they were creating... 

To clarify, the three OLC entries that are disabled are the ones you're talking about? These appear to be layered correctly now. Do they cause issues within the simulator when they're enabled?

8 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

To clarify, the three OLC entries that are disabled are the ones you're talking about? These appear to be layered correctly now. Do they cause issues within the simulator when they're enabled?

I'll try it out tonight

On 10/3/2019 at 9:36 PM, Mitchell Williamson said:

Works!!!

Weird, at first the elevation was still off, then switched to another airport and back and it was fine!

Archived