Introducing LFLJ Courchevel Altiport for X-Plane 11

!Title.jpg

Welcome to the French Alps!

We're absolutely thrilled to announce a new airport on short finals from Orbx's in-house partner studio Gaya Simulations, also responsible for EGNX East Midlands Airport and more titles coming soon.

Courchevel Altiport is an airport located at an altitude of 2007 metres in the middle of the slopes of the Courchevel ski station. On a larger scale, the airport is located in the middle of Les Trois vallées ski area, which has nearly 600 kilometres of ski slopes in the Savoie region in France. Its runway is 537 metres long and 40 metres wide, its inclination is the steepest of the world (up to 18.66%) for an international airport. It is also the only one to be cleared of snow all year long.

An aircraft with a maximum capacity of nearly 50 passengers can land in Courchevel altiport. The parking capacity is 10 planes for 20 helicopters. The term "Altiport" was created specifically for this platform the 31st of January 1961 after the first inaugural flight because it was the first altiport ever built for commercial use. During the winter season, the altiport offers a unique know-how and service for the total management of the aircraft and the transfer of customers and users who land on the structure.

It is the only airport platform that allows to enjoy the ski slopes directly after landing. It is also a few minutes from the most prestigious resort hotels. The altiport offers two free major air show in the region, one at the end of July and the other one at the end of March. The meeting is called FLY COURCHEVEL and brings t manufacturers, flight training schools, federations, pilots and above all aviation enthusiasts.

This superb recreation of this characterful airport has full PBR support, great lighting effects on the runway and aprons and is optimised for performance.

COVERAGE

LFLJ Coverage Area.jpg

AT A GLANCE

AIRPORT

- Ultra-accurate and hand-sculpted mesh up to 0.5m (!) for the whole airport and the scenery coverage

- Hand made Ultra HD textures for the airport area and 0.5m/pix for the entire satellite image coverage

- Airport developed with close connection with the official Courchevel airport personnel with an outstanding level of detail and accuracy

- Accurately positioned fences, terraces, vegetation, vehicles and much more

- High quality textures (4k) for the entire airport building.

- Accurate tunnel below the runway with custom animated vehicles driving through it , based on native X-Plane 11 mesh work.

- Model and accurate placement of the full town of Courchevel which include dozens of POIs all around the mini region and the approach.

- Many custom animated cars make it a living scenery include animated clock on the front of the main hangar of the airport

- Ultra high quality and accurate PBR runway textures.

- Very realistic and dynamic lights in the airport and over the towns in the region.

- Custom French Alps autogen buildings populated the villages and towns in the region.

- Accurate static aircraft

- Well optimized scenery with great performance

SURROUNDS

Many custom modeled POI buildings in the airport precinct

- Beautifull atmospheric villages, ski resorts and crystal blue lakes

63-9f8911bdc92a7a4c2c2f1aa74ebb0b1a.jpg

63-8664c55350c8cca82b3c7074c35ddacf.jpg

63-2ac6070652e416fc7aa9d51d98867063.jpg

63-f5581ff4f64f4997b54afa37402f17a3.jpg

63-e4d034672c33be6ba46155c7fe52566e.jpg

63-40a6618c9d44921136bb380346b7ccaf.jpg

63-e2e9fbd40275be34d6b99c2db7d16aff.jpg

63-ffe57b6ee9e39523b38d87d9a4f82a5f.jpg

63-36afe00bd3e5348e07cfc7d12eb35217.jpg

63-76c66cbec277655f5a534762460b694c.jpg

63-5517c2bb948af2287a99ddc028f44010.jpg

63-d852841bfcdb4e45c3dd580b237b3aba.jpg

63-c8205204da5586adaa58964587822a41.jpg

63-efe77a62b77a6cff24a0674e020eec4c.jpg

63-82ff1998b4bd659e05203c795db9f38e.jpg

63-518623b80ff49a5235e8ef3305051a9a.jpg

63-fa88bd97bebad58232ad3394d7181f5e.jpg

63-90bb8d6d10b960f2c66b7309d2cdefc3.jpg

63-676f8cf5e156e06c6c236b5f230d9231.jpg

63-a0c29a5d7e3e9d4e072e50a37999814f.jpg

63-17110ce0d35bb19ffe01f9390919bfc1.jpg

63-e26ce1555cdba2e62ce131dcfb4d8ed7.jpg

63-f62073bee64db877e24b8091033b40c4.jpg

63-5b208a7b6319825fb69a5f411dfb91b8.jpg

63-254e0e0c967cad1bd1622e8518308b18.jpg

63-246a1fe035ed7ca9ed35a718adc7b9f9.jpg

63-47ce35d6775453a6092d4fec12f11cdf.jpg

We are thrilled to begin our first foray into the French Alps and you won't be disappointed in this incredible destination!

4 minutes ago, mikee said:

Any chance to have it also on P3DV4.5 ?

Mike 

P3D makes it much more difficult to make sloping runways, so I doubt it'll be as easy as some ports of airports have been.  That said, the company policy is to offer multi platform for all products so you might get lucky :-)

24 minutes ago, John Dow said:

P3D makes it much more difficult to make sloping runways, so I doubt it'll be as easy as some ports of airports have been.  That said, the company policy is to offer multi platform for all products so you might get lucky :-)

A french compagnie LLH release some years ago this airport for FSX and now for P3D without problem for the sloping runway ...and season ...
Only If Orbx want, that's possible for P3D !

Quote "A french compagnie LLH release some years ago this airport for FSX and now for P3D without problem for the sloping runway ...and season ...
Only If Orbx want, that's possible for P3D ! "

This company has also published  many airports around Courchevel with sloping runways and seasonally snow cover all for p3dv4.5

18 hours ago, John Venema said:

We are thrilled to begin our first foray into the French Alps and you won't be disappointed in this incredible destination!

"first foray"? So there might be other altiports like Méribel, Alpe d´Huez or Megève on the menu?

Love it guys.  Finally ORBX has arrived in France.  I suspected one day it would happen.

Evidently this airport is also somehow related to Denmark - not sure why, but I see the Danish flag flying next to the French national flag.  Should this have been Switzerland?

4 hours ago, John Dow said:

Thank you John !

I hope …… :)

38 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Evidently this airport is also somehow related to Denmark - not sure why, but I see the Danish flag flying next to the French national flag.  Should this have been Switzerland?

It is the Flag of the Département Savoie, the administrative subregion Courchevel is located in.

Remarquable crispclear detailled made scenery of the first Alps-airport for XP11. Looking forward to the release and later for more Orbx-Alps goodies.

Congrats to the in-house partner studio team 'Gaya Simulations' for this marvelous modelled small high altitude airport, promising for other locations.

18 hours ago, slasko said:

flag of savoie department. read up

Having looked at the provided link to the flag of Savoie, I can see why the flag was mistaken for the Danish flag in the 4th and 5th images because the cross appears narrower. Also, the horizontal component of the cross appears shifted closer to the pole which is characteristic of the Scandinavian cross family of flags.

29 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

Having looked at the provided link to the flag of Savoie, I can see why the flag was mistaken for the Danish flag in the 4th and 5th images because the cross appears narrower. Also, the horizontal component of the cross appears shifted closer to the pole which is characteristic of the Scandinavian cross family of flags.

insignificant problem ;)

3 minutes ago, slasko said:

insignificant problem ;)

I agree it's minor and most certainly not a deal breaker. It's also very easily rectified should anyone care about my observation. 

I shall certainly be happy to add Courchevel Altiport to my library regardless. It appears to be an enchanting little enhancement to X-Plane 11.

19 hours ago, slasko said:

flag of savoie department. read up

It is not, the white cross is clarly off center, like in the danish flag. Nitpicking, I know, but as I am Swiss, I am used to wrongly used flags...

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

It is not, the white cross is clarly off center, like in the danish flag. Nitpicking, I know, but as I am Swiss, I am used to wrongly used flags...

Well I have it on good authority that the original flag was centred as required however a fierce storm ripped it off the flagpole and sent it flying over Mont Blanc (yes really, it was a big storm) and after several weeks a search team of valiant French paratroopers found the flag and brought it back to the airport, only to find that a section of one edge had been ripped off.  Rather than spend valuable euros on a new flag, it was decided to give it to Mme Thibault, the local seamstress who volunteered to sew it back on to the remnant piece that was flapping uselessly on the now bare pole.  Try as she might she couldn't make up for the damage that had been done to the material when the storm so cruelly tore the flag from its rightful position, and the result was a flag upon which the cross was no longer centred, and as a result fooled some gullible people into believing it was actually a Danish flag that had been put there by mistake.  Incredible story I know but as they say, truth is stranger than fiction, you just need to work out what is truth and what is fiction.

6 hours ago, John Dow said:

Well I have it on good authority that the original flag was centred as required however a fierce storm ripped it off the flagpole and sent it flying over Mont Blanc (yes really, it was a big storm) and after several weeks a search team of valiant French paratroopers found the flag and brought it back to the airport, only to find that a section of one edge had been ripped off.  Rather than spend valuable euros on a new flag, it was decided to give it to Mme Thibault, the local seamstress who volunteered to sew it back on to the remnant piece that was flapping uselessly on the now bare pole.  Try as she might she couldn't make up for the damage that had been done to the material when the storm so cruelly tore the flag from its rightful position, and the result was a flag upon which the cross was no longer centred, and as a result fooled some gullible people into believing it was actually a Danish flag that had been put there by mistake.  Incredible story I know but as they say, truth is stranger than fiction, you just need to work out what is truth and what is fiction.

An intriguing yarn indeed John :)

On 9/24/2019 at 9:08 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Obviously a lot of effort has gone into the detail at Courchevel.

I can only lament the absence of seasons/snow in X-Plane, for if there is one location that cries out for snow to lift it from extraordinary to sublime, it's this one.

TTM

So they don't have seasons there in XPlane? Deal Breaker!

8 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I'm not so current with X-Plane, I just read it before I posted. Or you are being sarcastic here... :lol:

Hi Lars

Unlike FSX/P3D, you can't change seasons on the fly in X-Plane. FSX/P3D come out of the box with seasonal textures but X-Plane doesn't. The Orbx XP11 TrueEarth series add-ons are already massive in size with the use of orthoimagery for just the season of summer. Imagine the cost to produce and size of the finished product if the imagery was quadrupled.

Hi ORBX,

I'm a new ORBX user. I installed the Courchevel scenery. The objects are really beautiful!  I'm using an Ortho4xp scenery and mesh for all France and before I installed your scenery, the surrounding landscape was beautiful with photorealistic and accurate mesh.

BUT NOW I just have the map/mesh of your scenery and the surrounding landscapes and moutains went back to the base xplane11 scenery (disgsusting)! If I switch the order in the scenery.ini file between your mesh and mine, I get back my mesh and my beautiful landscape but your scenery is not well fitted to it.

Moreover your mesh is not really accurate and smooth, there is  a break between the platform and the 18% part on the runway. The aircraft jump...

I request your help to improve this beautiful scenery and get it as clos as we can to the reality. (I fly at Courchevel in real life)

Thanks.

Adrien

Sans titre.jpg

Sans titre2.jpg

What a tremendous realization of Courchevel.  I visisted the area 8 years ago.  Some day, I will return.  Until then, we have this ;)

As @Adrien_67 noted, there is the issue of many of us having to give up incredible mesh/ortho for this scenery.  I was under the impression (just rumors?) that a patch for otho4xp was to be included so we could rebuild the tile with this scenery and the O4XP mesh together.  This was an insta buy for me in that case.  I will probably buy it anyway and try to make it work with my existing ortho.  But does anyone know if a patch is forthcoming?  

We cannot compete with free imagery downloaded from sources such as Bing or Google. We licensed the area around Courcheval and this was expensive to do. Licensing the entire 1-degree tile would have made the project economically unfeasible.

Those who have Ortho4XP mesh will find out how to make it work and soon enough a solution will be posted in the compatibility forum. Please note you will lose the tunnel under the runway when using another mesh.

1 hour ago, jetfighter76 said:

Hi I`ve bought this scenery but I`cant downolad it by FTX Central because I have information "there are no downloads for this product", any help?

You will need Orbx Central to downloadload & install and not FTX Central:

Compatibility

General

You will need Orbx Central to download and install this product. Orbx Central runs on Windows 7+, macOS and Linux. An internet connection is also required.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:52 AM, Adrien_67 said:

Hi ORBX,

I'm a new ORBX user. I installed the Courchevel scenery. The objects are really beautiful!  I'm using an Ortho4xp scenery and mesh for all France and before I installed your scenery, the surrounding landscape was beautiful with photorealistic and accurate mesh.

BUT NOW I just have the map/mesh of your scenery and the surrounding landscapes and moutains went back to the base xplane11 scenery (disgsusting)! If I switch the order in the scenery.ini file between your mesh and mine, I get back my mesh and my beautiful landscape but your scenery is not well fitted to it.

Moreover your mesh is not really accurate and smooth, there is  a break between the platform and the 18% part on the runway. The aircraft jump...

I request your help to improve this beautiful scenery and get it as clos as we can to the reality. (I fly at Courchevel in real life)

Thanks.

Adrien

Sans titre.jpg

Sans titre2.jpg

I totally agree with you in regards to the runway slope. The scenery ships with a custom mesh that could have done this better.

Still, that we can not combine meshes is mailnly an X-plane thing (see my other post: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/181095-orbx-lflj-compatibility-with-sky-story-alps-part-1-photoreal/?do=findComment&comment=1576153).

Eventually Orbx could include a patch file in the product that could be used by customers to "correct" the ortho4xp mesh that they have installed?

Archived