Coming soon ....

23 minutes ago, MasonDominique said:

Courchevel needs a slope runway that is provided witth XP.

I guess that this airfield will not be ported to P3D.

Dom

You're aware that sloped runways can exist in Prepar3D right? And that Orbx has made a sloped runway before, with Hammerfest. It's just the AI doesn't particularly like it, but for the rest it works.

Also hoping for a P3D version of this airport. With or without sloped runway.

1 hour ago, 09tir98 said:

Looks amazing! Is this the Gayasismulations one since you've worked with them before? Will it come with an ortho patch/tile for those that use ortho?

Good guess.

Yes it is Gaya Simulations’ Courchevel, as part of our ‘in-house’ teams like Turbulent. They developed EGNX for us also.

Some very good new tech in this airport, it will be revealed very soon. It will not be compatible with any ortho tile for that 1-degree area due to the highly custom mesh used, you will need to disable that tile. That is, until we release our TE Alps region :)

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

That is, until we release our TE Alps region :)

Now its getting interesting! Any idea of the area covered? Will it cover the Alps entirely? (i.e. from France and Italy to eastern Austria?) Really hope for any news as this is the by far most awaited scenery for me in a while!

4 hours ago, Daantjeeuh said:

Also hoping for a P3D version of this airport. With or without sloped runway.

@Daantjeeuh The main specialty and feature of this airport is the aggressive slope imo. If it doesn't have the slope then what's the point in getting it? I don't care if a normal airport like EGNM (Bradford Leeds airport) has accurately modeled slope or not (as it's not too aggressive), but in the case of Courchevel, not having the slope is a deal-breaker (if it ever comes to p3d). What I don't understand is (and I agree with you on this one): ORBX already made several airports that have sloped runways ( see the post at the bottom for a list, and ORBX Papua New Guinea package has some more). So what's stopping them from adding sloped runways to EGNM?

Anyways I'm gonna be voting with my wallet from now on, and I want to thank JV for bringing Courchevel to my attention. If it weren't for this post I would have no idea that it's considered to be the one of the 17th most dangerous airports in the world according to Forbes. Well good news is landing there is gonna be fun for me now that I found a different flight sim scenery vendor who has already made for p3d not only a good quality rendition of Courchevel airport with the accurately modeled slope but also several other sloped and challenging French airports in the same area.

"That is, until we release our TE Alps region :)"

I'm glad that was thrown into the mix because I was wondering about Courchevel being released, ostensibly, in splendid  isolation.

It would be a bit of an orphan Annie - take off, head out say West, after a period of time you are over LR default scenery & having been spoiled by TE, the former can't light the candle.

A TE Alps region, I suspect, could be a block buster  for Orbx.

TTM

6 hours ago, renault said:

Its a spectacular area, but even sitting down, I went weak at the knees looking at the airport website :o

You've raised the bar yet again -- now Orbx scenery needs to come with a "health warning"  - ha, ha!

Cheers

Pete

If he keeps raising that bar, I'll need a taller stool.

7 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

So what's stopping them from adding sloped runways to EGNM?

Most likely the incompatibility with AI, but could also be due to the "wavy" nature of the EGNM runway.  It is not just a linear slope.  With X Plane it's easy as the runway ground polys can just follow the contours of the mesh.  This is not as easy, or practical in P3Dv4.

Yes, Courchevel has a very sloped runway and is a way to compare with Lukla approach in the Himalayas, very challenging to fly in. I hope some surrounding area is included.

I read TE Alps region is also coming....waauw, a real goodie for mountain flying, I'm very curious for this in the (near?)future...and again extend more HDD/SSD space.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:03 AM, TigerTigerM said:

"That is, until we release our TE Alps region :)"

I'm glad that was thrown into the mix because I was wondering about Courchevel being released, ostensibly, in splendid  isolation.

It would be a bit of an orphan Annie - take off, head out say West, after a period of time you are over LR default scenery & having been spoiled by TE, the former can't light the candle.

A TE Alps region, I suspect, could be a block buster  for Orbx.

TTM

+1

After Courchevel - which God and wife willing I shall likely get - that enticing mention of an Alps region leads me to be the one to ask the question that everyone wants to ask but will not dare for fear of chastisement and a reminder that 'schedules go wrong' and 'if it be announced when, there would be pressure of expectation' etc. I wouldn't normally ask when such a region is likely to appear for fear of receiving the usual answer 'when its ready' and then we wait for 18 months by which time I'd even forgotten the bloody thing was ever mentioned. But just lately ORBX regions have been coming out so wonderfully quickly and at the time predicted that I think it is worth the punt. So, Mr V, could I ask...

This is getting interesting...

Presumably this was why Switzerland Pro from the FSX days was expensive. I was able to get that and some of Frank Dainese's 3D mountain scenery for the Alps working well together a long time back.

Having just started with XP any Alps scenery (including airports like Courchevel) would be a definite purchase for me. Also I note Frank moved his 3D development work to XP a while ago as it allowed better results. Time to look into that too, his freeware FSX versions of Mont Blanc and the Dolomites were spectacular.

13 hours ago, anfield ace said:

I take it that as always, FSX SE will not be included in this new release?

It's unlikely.  Developers report too many problems trying to get the newer tech required for these airports to work in the 32 bit environment, and with a fast shrinking pool of FSX users, it seldom pays to spend the hours to make the products FSX friendly.

I suppose the elephant in the room is LLH Creations who do these sloping Airports in FSX and P3D -but not XPlane

I have enjoyed flying to Courcheval,Meribel,Alpe de Huez,Megeve and Peysourdes/Balestas in both sims

All have sloping airstrips in varying degrees

xxd09

6 hours ago, John Dow said:

It's unlikely.  Developers report too many problems trying to get the newer tech required for these airports to work in the 32 bit environment, and with a fast shrinking pool of FSX users, it seldom pays to spend the hours to make the products FSX friendly.

Yep, fair enough!...time for a massive PC upgrade etc, cheers mate!

On 9/19/2019 at 8:45 AM, olderndirt said:

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a TE region of that whole ski kingdom - Grenoble to Albertville and some to the east then, at a later date, there's Aosta and over to Zermatt to include the Matterhorn.

Yes yes yes! You pulled my heart strings...

On 9/18/2019 at 7:02 PM, _JohnM said:

Will a P3D version follow at some point in the future?

Hi guys,

The Prepar3D version already exist, please visit this website: http://www.llhinfo.com/prod_en.html

You will find there many mountain airport for Alpes mountains.

Archived