Orbx Central 4.0.13 Washington HD install Fail

kerrygipe

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Screenshot:   Attached

Issue:  Could not locate Image file For Terrain .../textures b230x5340x17.dds

This is a new computer build, no overclocking. Have made multiple attempts to install Washington HD and Oregon HD both receive similar fail messages as indicated on the attached image. Uninstalling the HD product and installing the SD goes flawlessly. SD installs and works fine.

I have installed the C++ files  to the new windows installation. The destination dist (F) has about 1.7 TB free disk space.  The download location (D:)has about 430 GB free.

I am unable to attach the Central.log due to file size limits ( over 17 MB) however I can tell you that there are numerous instances of "... [ERROR] texconv exited with code - 1073741515"  such as this one below...

"2019-09-18T03:07:54.095Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] texconv exited with code -1073741515
2019-09-18T03:07:54.095Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] F:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos\textures\b430x4f50x17.JPG doesn't exist after conversion.
2019-09-18T03:07:54.095Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Failed to convert Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos\textures\b430x4f50x17.JPG
2019-09-18T03:07:54.095Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.Exception: Conversion failed.

Performed the 'Verify Files' process numerous times. Each time it provides the green check mark and says that it is complete however the error still remains.

I have the same issue with HD install on both Washington and Oregon. Both SD install properly. Have installed numerous local Orbx airports within Washington region. All installed just fine.

Orbx Central version 4.0.13 used for each attempt.

Please see this thread  in the XP-11 Support forum for a long history of trying to fix the issue along with steps already taken.

Washington HD Error.jpg

Log.txt

Hi

I am using Orbx Central and for some reason (as I’ve installed TE Washington HD twice now) it never seems to install properly via the automatic install.

The only way I can get it to install properly with no errors is to manually download the 40GB file from my account and then do the manual install option (works every time).

Ive no idea why as when I install Orbx Airport's via Central automatically all is ok.

Hope this info is of help.

You have to go onto the Orbx website and log into your account from there. 

Then look at your purchases and there is an option for Manual Download from there.

Download the file and then go into Orbx Central and select the Install Manual Download Option and point the system to location where you downloaded the file to.

Let me know how you get on.

15 hours ago, kerrygipe said:

How do you manually download the file>? I can not find anywhere in Orbx Central that will allow me to simply download the file without installing it. I see the manual installation option, but it requires that you have already downloaded the file.

Hello,

how to do this is clearly explained on page 17 of the Orbx Central User Guide.

Thank you Nick and Paul. I will give the download and manual install a try. I have troubleshot the issue down to a failure in the install routine, as very few of the .jpg textures have been getting converted over to the DDS. Hopefully the manual install will work through that.

Depending on your download speed it may take several hours to download and for me it was an overnight job to install. As Nick says do not interrupt the install process.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on. Out of interest I did the same for the UK TE South / Central and North Sceneries and each one worked first time.

> the main reason for very few of the .jpg textures have been getting converted over to the DDS has

so far been that the customer has interrupted the process in the belief that it had finished.

Could this be the case?

Well, I have made worse mistakes in my life. However I don't think that I did stop it prematurely. Each time I waited for the message to pop up that says either (perhaps not exact verbiage) "Washington HD is installed" or "Product is installed". Are there instances that would cause the message to appear prior to the process being completed?

Hi,

Oregon manual loaded just fine. Washington failed. It seemed to run much too quick, as it gave me the "Product Installed' message after only about 15 minutes total time running. the Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos folder is only 36.8 GB and it is filled with JPG files. I can not attach the log as it is over 15 MB and the limit for attachments, per the forum note, is 7.95MB. THe message is very clear looking at th efile however, it is chock-a-block full of the following lines, with each repeating set being different only in the specified file named...

////////////////////////////////// Start /////////////////////////////////////

2019-09-22T10:38:49.994Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Converting Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos\textures\b6d0x5360x17.JPG
2019-09-22T10:38:49.994Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] texconv exited with code -1073741515
2019-09-22T10:38:49.995Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] F:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos\textures\b340x5050x17.JPG doesn't exist after conversion.
2019-09-22T10:38:49.995Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Failed to convert Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos\textures\b340x5050x17.JPG
2019-09-22T10:38:49.995Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.Exception: Conversion failed.
2019-09-22T10:38:49.995Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at Saturn.Jobs.Install.MainSubStages.ConvertSubStage.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<ConvertFile>b__0()
2019-09-22T10:38:49.995Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Convert chunk C:\Users\kerry\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\temp\octemp\chunks\3f8e3018-b19a-4127-bbfd-cba5cfbd05c8.c.zip

///////////////////////  End - Repeat over and over  ////////////////////////////

Who knows what texconv error code 1073741515 is/ It is the consistently named culprit.

It is interesting that Oregon installed just fine. I am going to uninstall once again, and try another manual install of Washington. Hopefully it may work better this time. I will run an actual timer this time to see how long it actually runs, and will report back once it has run it's due course.

Hello,

your texconv error could be because you do not have the prerequisites?

File System Error 1073741515 , which translates to error type 0xC0000135, describes the inability of an executable program to run due to missing essential components (one or many .dll files) or wrongly configured system files.

Do you have this:

2. Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 must be installed before the installation has been started.

It is free of charge and can be downloaded here.

OK, uninstalled Washington, and performed another manual install. The install routine took 12 minutes and then it popped up with the 'Product Installed' message. Looking at the Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos /Texture folder it is exactly the same as before with an install size of 36.9 GB and full of .JPG files.

Also, I need to take back my earlier report that Oregon installed fine. It appears that, according to Orbx Central, Oregon SD was installed, as it states that Oregon HD in incompatable with the installed Oregon SD. This is interresting especially as the file that I pointed to for the install seems to indicate that it is the HD version. (File name is "us-oregon-hd-xp11-a92d3936-5986-4282-8d2c-15b64d2ef7f5.f.c4"). I would think that the us-oregon-hd-xp would indicate that it is the HD version, but Central clearly believes that the SD version is installed.

Nick,

>

Do you have this:

2. Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 must be installed before the installation has been started.

It is free of charge and can be downloaded here.

I have gone to the download site, and it provides 3 files for download:

1. vcredist_arm

2. vcredist_X64

3. vcredist_X86

The first file ( vcredist_arm) states that it can not be installed at it is not compatible with this PC. The other two I was able to install, as Administrator. I just went back again and re-downloaded them, and reinstalled / Repaired the installations of those two. The current version of these Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) and (x86) files is version 12.0.3 0501

Because I ran the repair function of these two files, I have once again uninstalled Washington, and am running the manual install again. I need to take the wife-unit to lunch and will check back in with the results once we return.

THANK YOU BOTH for all your help with these!!

Sorry I’m getting a bit stuck now for you. The only thing I can suggest is that it’s not all been deleted first prior to installing a new.

Have you deleted the x3 Washington Files in your X Plane Custom Scenery Folder and emptied your Orbx temp folder for downloads, first prior to trying a manual download and install again?

Hi

Orbx products are downloaded and unzipped to your C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp folder and sometimes need up to 3x their install size before they get installed to the simulator location, then after the install is complete they are removed from your C:\ drive. You can move the Temp folder to a drive with more space using the option in Orbx Central settings/downloader.

Thank you Doug. I found the temp files and removed them. Space shouldn't have been an issue, as there is still about 1.2 TB open on the drive, but removing them may still help so I have. I am going to do a few other things as well before trying again, but they will need to wait until Monday evening. Thanks everyone!

I am happy to report not only successful Oregon and Washington installations,   but I was actually able to get them to install using the Orbx Central standard installer, not manual installation. The key was I had to install the C++ Run Time files not only for 2013, but also for 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2017, being sure to reboot after each install. After installing all of those, Oregon HD installed just fine, followed by Washington HD. To follow it up I have successfully installed Orcas Island on the first attempt, so hopefully everything will behave itself now going forward. Thank you to every one that had a hand in getting this working properly!!

Archived