Announcing EGNM Leeds Bradford - Yorkshire's Airport!

23 hours ago, mburkhard said:

Can you be a bit more specific please? Seasons or no seasons? "Use it with" does not imply full compatibility with FTX Regions or OpenLC. 

You seem to be wanting to abandon seasons completely as soon as there's a TE region available or coming up. Why? Can't you accept that there are people that don't want TE regions in P3D, due to lack of seasons and for performance reasons?

So you finally return to the UK after all those years, but by doing so you ditch any support for seasonal textures with these new airports? What a shame that would be. Still hoping that EGLC will be blended seasonally with FTX/OpenLC. I'd buy 

23 hours ago, mburkhard said:

Can you be a bit more specific please? Seasons or no seasons? "Use it with" does not imply full compatibility with FTX Regions or OpenLC. 

You seem to be wanting to abandon seasons completely as soon as there's a TE region available or coming up. Why? Can't you accept that there are people that don't want TE regions in P3D, due to lack of seasons and for performance reasons?

So you finally return to the UK after all those years, but by doing so you ditch any support for seasonal textures with these new airports? What a shame that would be. Still hoping that EGLC will be blended seasonally with FTX/OpenLC. I'd buy instantly. 

Have to agree. Landclass based stuff is easy enough, but I'm not 'sure' if its possible with the Ortho used for TrueEarth ? 

But, I do have some airports by other devs, that use SODE to 'auto change' the ground layers, they say are photoreal.

Other airports of course, allow you to manually change the season using a control panel.

Either way, you can do what I do with X Plane, and use a Paint program to change the colour of the (few airport) background tiles. I do it with UK2000 airports. They are just DXT 3 DDS files. Simply darken and increase contrast, and the pale airports that match stock XP11, magically blend in with Ortho stuff. Reducing saturation to almost zero, creates a brown effect, similar to winter in P3D or FSX. It literally takes 20 minutes.

(Just Google 'colour correcting Ortho'. The principles are pretty universal.)

But, you would then have to manually change them, or install multiple instances, each with different textures, and use SimstarterNG to change them at sim start.

Still a major pain though !

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/19/2019 at 8:37 PM, mburkhard said:

So you finally return to the UK after all those years, but by doing so you ditch any support for seasonal textures with these new airports? What a shame that would be. Still hoping that EGLC will be blended seasonally with FTX/OpenLC. I'd buy instantly. 

Of course EGNM will have seasonal support for P3D, as will our upcoming EGNX, why would we not do that?

EGLC is a lump of concrete in the middle of London and I’d hardly use lack of seasonal textures as a reason to not buy it.

”Finally return to the UK after all these years” - “Ditch support for seasons” - seriously? Are you Swiss always so direct in your comments? Please engage your brain before posting.

13 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Of course EGNM will have seasonal support for P3D, as will our upcoming EGNX

I'm genuinely confused now John, TE-UKS didn't feature seasons so I assumed the other volumes wouldn't either? :S

So: If EGNM has seasons, won't that make for a rather incongruous fit with TE-UKN?  Or will TE-UKN support seasons as well, in which case there will be a clash where TE-UKS meets TE-UKN?  Or will TE-UKS be reworked to include seasons as well!? :S

20 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I'm genuinely confused now John, TE-UKS didn't feature seasons so I assumed the other volumes wouldn't either? :S

So: If EGNM has seasons, won't that make for a rather incongruous fit with TE-UKN?  Or will TE-UKN support seasons as well, in which case there will be a clash where TE-UKS meets TE-UKN?  Or will TE-UKS be reworked to include seasons as well!? :S

TE GB Central for P3D doesn’t have seasons so you’d use EGNM set to summer only with that region.

However if you’re using Orbx Global or EU England you be able to use seasons.

Pretty straight forward really, nothing sinister about any of this :)

46 minutes ago, teecee said:

I'm confused  about all these sim Types, and different scenery's, so please just tell me this, when released, will the new Leeds airport work with Prepar3d v4.5? Terry

This is a quote above from JV's original post on this topic:

'We know many of you have been eagerly awaiting a new Midlands destination from Orbx and release is not very far away at all for XP11 and closely followed a week or so later for P3Dv4. We will be showing you many more screenshots shortly.'

I recently bough two  aircraft that clearly stated that the were, and I Quote "prepar3d v4" only to find that they do not work in V4.5. Dead money and no refunds, so I just want to be clear that this scenery will be OK in version 4.5. and you might note that this was in fact the question. Might I suggest that you read posts thoroughly before posting a critical answer. Terry

2 hours ago, teecee said:

I recently bough two  aircraft that clearly stated that the were, and I Quote "prepar3d v4" only to find that they do not work in V4.5. Dead money and no refunds, so I just want to be clear that this scenery will be OK in version 4.5. and you might note that this was in fact the question. Might I suggest that you read posts thoroughly before posting a critical answer. Terry

Terry, the answer was not critical in any way, and I'm not sure why you perceived it as such.  Orbmoke simply provided a direct quote with no further comment.

As with all ORBX scenery created for P3Dv4, this airport will be compatible with P3Dv4.5.

Cheers,

8 hours ago, John Venema said:

TE GB Central for P3D doesn’t have seasons so you’d use EGNM set to summer only with that region.

ok thanks, understood..

13 hours ago, teecee said:

I'm confused  about all these sim Types, and different scenery's, so please just tell me this, when released, will the new Leeds airport work with Prepar3d v4.5? Terry

Hi Terry,

A definitive answer for you: Yes. The P3D version of EGNM is being built and tested with P3D v4.5 as a base.

If you have TE GB Central running it will blend with that and won't have seasons. If you use only FTX England or Global you will be able to enable seasonal variations of the photoreal. The seasons will change dynamically the same as every other ESP-based Orbx product (with the exception of EGLC which we are planning to correct).

Greg

8 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Terry, the answer was not critical in any way, and I'm not sure why you perceived it as such.  Orbmoke simply provided a direct quote with no further comment.

As with all ORBX scenery created for P3Dv4, this airport will be compatible with P3Dv4.5.

Cheers,

Thanks Scott - yes, that's the way I looked at it - I was only trying to help! :(

1 hour ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi Terry,

A definitive answer for you: Yes. The P3D version of EGNM is being built and tested with P3D v4.5 as a base.

If you have TE GB Central running it will blend with that and won't have seasons. If you use only FTX England or Global you will be able to enable seasonal variations of the photoreal. The seasons will change dynamically the same as every other ESP-based Orbx product (with the exception of EGLC which we are planning to correct).

Greg

This is great clarification and confirmation Greg, thank you for the information. I DO care much about having multiple seasons in my simulator scenery, and that has always been one of my favorite hallmarks of Orbx scenery :)

21 hours ago, John Venema said:

Thankyou JV. That statement is very succint.

I think the terms "works with "; " compatible with" etc. has caused confusion for some time.

We all have our cash ready... heck I'm buying for 2 sims now (!)... but we just want to be 100 percent about what it IS or is NOT, so we can plan accordingly.

Thank you for clearing up this particular issue.

22 hours ago, John Venema said:

Of course EGNM will have seasonal support for P3D, as will our upcoming EGNX, why would we not do that?

EGLC is a lump of concrete in the middle of London and I’d hardly use lack of seasonal textures as a reason to not buy it.

”Finally return to the UK after all these years” - “Ditch support for seasons” - seriously? Are you Swiss always so direct in your comments? Please engage your brain before posting.

Well, what should I say, I'm simply a worried customer, thank you for calling me brainless. 

Why was I worried? First you asked people whether or not they want TE with or without seasons, many say yes please seasons, we don't mind the reduced base photo quality. Then you release TE without seasons. You have your reasons of course. 

Then, you release EGLC without seasons, even though it is just a tiny base photo which you could have easily provided with seasonal variations. All while you promote the season-less TE at any possible occasion.

And then you wonder why someone like me gets worried that you might no longer care for seasons due to TE not having them?

Now about that "lump of concrete". Your own product coverage map shows PLENTY of grass areas within the scenery. And now you're saying that you don't care if that photo texture featuring summer grass will stick out green while both FTX Global and FTX England around it will show snow textures in winter? Do I REALLY need to buy EGLC just to show you how silly that looks? And please don't insult me by stating that there's no grass at and around EGLC. There's lots of concrete yes, but there's also plenty of grass.

Anyway, thank you for confirming that you'll indeed be committed to seasons for your future UK airports. That's all I wanted to hear.

And now @Greg Jones has even confirmed that seasonal variation will be added to EGLC. Glad to hear that. Instant buy once that is done!

Cheers,
Markus

I live in England. There is NO difference in the grass colour between seasons. If you want to not buy EGLC because there is no snow in London (which happens one in ten years)  then by all means don’t buy EGLC.

But seriously, don’t waste our time with this discussion.

John,

I've just verified this a few hours ago after your last message, just to make sure. Both FTX Global / OpenLC EU and FTX England display snow textures during P3D hard winter seasons! I'm sorry this upsets you, I didn't programme the seasons in P3D! Of course I know that the real London hardly ever sees any snow covered landscape in Winter. But that is what P3D is doing, and that is what your own products do as well as a consequence. 

And of course 'normal' winter in FTX or OpenLC in England is brown.

Any green grass sticks out.

If you want to be really pedantic, you can barely see London... due to the smog.

Artistic license wins the day.

Very pleased Leeds B will be fully supporting FTX, as I can enjoy seasons in P3D as well as TrueEarth resolution in XP11.

Downloaded and installed this last night and had a quick 20min flight in the new Huey. Very well done scenery this one, it really feels alive. The PBR lighting effects on the runway really add to the atmosphere and there is plenty of movement in the airport and surrounding environment. Very happy with EGNM, good job chaps.

I'd also like to add that the animation of the guy with the sticks directing your aircraft into the gate parking area is included with EGNM - nice touch I thought and actually quite useful as it is in the real world! Bit of a frame rate hit when close to the main airport buildings (15 to 17 fps for me), but as soon as I taxi away to the runway, the fps increases to 20+. I tried reducing the texture quality slider from maximum down to high as suggested by OrbX in the installation advice, but to be honest I hardly noticed any differene in fps, so I left it at maximum!

• John Venema unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 9/17/2019 at 6:00 PM, John Venema said:

We know many of you have been eagerly awaiting a new Midlands destination from Orbx and release is not very far away at all for XP11 and closely followed a week or so later for P3Dv4. We will be showing you many more screenshots shortly.

2 and half months later, still no news on the P3D version?

5 minutes ago, Greg Jones said:

EGNM P3D ran into some unforeseen technical issues which we've now resolved.

Rest assured it's on the way!

Great! Look forward to adding ENGM to my collection of UK Orbx airfields.

Thanks for the update!

1 hour ago, Greg Jones said:

EGNM P3D ran into some unforeseen technical issues which we've now resolved.

Rest assured it's on the way!

Greg

thanks @Greg Jones, is it still with incredibly flat runways though? or does it have a sloped option available please as well like some other airfields have? thx

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

thanks @Greg Jones, is it still with incredibly flat runways though? or does it have a sloped option available please as well like some other airfields have? thx

To recreate the huge undulations at EGNM in a 3D model would be a massive undertaking which would give me even more grey hairs! So, unfortunately, at this point it's going to be flat as per usual.

G

Archived