Announcing EGNM Leeds Bradford - Yorkshire's Airport!

Screen Shot 09-16-19 at 04.16 PM.JPG

Welcome to Yorkshire's Airport!

At long last Orbx visits the North with EGNM Leeds Bradford Airport for X-Plane 11, the second product from our UK development in-house team following the high popular EGLC London City Airport. For some time our customers have been asking us to move further north and this project was a delight to work on and has exceed our expectations in terms of its charm and character.

Located at Yeadon, about 7 miles northwest of Leeds and about 9 miles from Bradford, it was opened in October 1931 as Yeadon Aerodrome, and is still often referred to as Yeadon Airport by locals. It is an iconic location set upon a plateau overlooking beautiful English countryside and features a very undulating runway, which is sure to challenge your approaches. It even has its own 6-part reality TV series!

EGNM serves Leeds, Bradford and the wider Yorkshire region including the cities of York and Wakefield, and the District of Harrogate, and is the largest airport within Yorkshire, handling over 4 million passengers in 2018 with nearly 40,000 traffic movements.

This busy airport offers over twenty destinations with the most popular being the Spanish and Portugese seaside and island resorts, Dublin, Amsterdam, Belfast and Heathrow. The two dominant airlines serving the airport are Jet2 and Ryanair but KLM, FlyBe and TUI also provide services. Aircraft types used include B733,738, A320, E190/195, Q400 plus smaller GA and commuter aircraft.

This superb recreation of this characterful airport has full PBR support, great lighting effects on the runway and aprons and is optimised for performance.

COVERAGE

EGNM Coverage Area.jpg

AT A GLANCE

AIRPORT

- Full PBR representation of Leeds Bradford Airport and surroundings

- Includes EGNP Leeds Heliport one kilometre north of the airport

- HD textures throughout

- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.

- Highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models

- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets

- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB Central

- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.

- Detailed HD PBR static aircraft models

- Custom animated GSE with HD people models

- SAM-controlled dynamic marshallers

- Handcrafted, realisticallt sloping runway

- Detailed orthoimagery and terrain

SURROUNDS

Many custom modeled POI buildings in the airport precinct

- Multiflight Academy hangars and static aircraft

4-3d85debe5299ac864673cdb1f75b5725.jpg

4-b8be32d204cde4f26b45e5a8256811fa.jpg

4-ceaec41b1da11b11108bcad326ce6ea3.jpg

4-1a071b0eac9ae33b007f2125f2d808b8.jpg

4-d5049618771e21b043eee2c7b1f08aa9.jpg

4-82c6cfbd9a09638b893e356c260c713b.jpg

4-8b40e85d327be721b25147482e45901e.jpg

4-9d7af3cbfde483f5e2c6f90e4d22d882.jpg

4-613b54ba74acbc5b8f10709f719ee7dc.jpg

4-f0ce463be9860a967f4b83f90e914e4f.jpg

4-0613cc6743ac1de41248d584d291aa47.jpg

4-db02d6bb200ee0da6e999103da73095d.jpg

4-4bccd95373366a35fbf00794677fbcb2.jpg

4-238b443d0d656cfe65110874b8ad288a.jpg

4-3890fd3278c4af56db1c6a99b9953a6c.jpg

4-9d30278786b80301971742e297fa6c48.jpg

4-94bba23c10aca97b7c7a29ffc1b2c7da.jpg

We know many of you have been eagerly awaiting a new Midlands destination from Orbx and release is not very far away at all for XP11 and closely followed a week or so later for P3Dv4. We will be showing you many more screenshots shortly.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait, I spend a lot of time at LBA in real world and it will be nice to have a high quality up to date version in the sim. Just a quick note, the front of the terminal has had new signs put up, the 'Leeds Bradford Airport' sign has been moved to above the main entrance and where the sign used to be now shows welcome to Yorkshire. :)

Screenshot_42.png

Excellent!
I'll be waiting for the P3D version, but I'm very happy to see quality, regional GB airports being made to complement the TE GB series.

EGNX, EGNM, the North East of England one that was given a mini announcement yesterday and possibly an eastern Scottish one also?
All excellent choices and will be bought.

Any chance of an EGCB conversion to P3D also?

This looks absolutely unreal! Leeds is my local airport and my old base so forgive the nit-picking, but is there any chance of this including the portacabin in front of stand 14 (aka ‘terminal 2’) used for boarding those stands further up the ramp? It’s been there a few years now and it’s one of the biggest things missing from the previous versions of Leeds that pilots actually see. And as someone’s already mentioned, the front of the terminal has been redone recently. 

Again, this looks wicked, a decent LBA has been the main thing stopping me going fully to XP11! Great job on this one! 

D3A485BA-7DA7-4BDC-AD2F-A9AC19AC4743.png

11 hours ago, John Venema said:

As per my announcement the P3D version is several weeks away, but no sloping runway sadly.

That must mean TE-UK north for P3D is appearing shortly as well?

Shame about the sloping runway, previous OrbX airports have had this for P3D haven't they, as an option?  Why not here too?  Oh well, nm....

9 hours ago, gordonhutchison said:

Awesome, insta-buy for UK flying.

Now that Southern and Midland England have lovely new pbr airports for their True Earth regions, can we expect something for Scotland?

Cheers

Yes you can expect a few for Scotland, sooner than you think ;)

8 hours ago, BURKEP12000 said:

Looks amazing, please continue to go north..EGNT is well overdue!

Yes we we are continuing further north

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

That must mean TE-UK north for P3D is appearing shortly as well?

Shame about the sloping runway, previous OrbX airports have had this for P3D haven't they, as an option?  Why not here too?  Oh well, nm....

Not shortly, but we’re aiming for 2019. You’ll still be able to use it perfectly well with Orbx Global or FTX England.

1 hour ago, Jcannon83 said:

Airport looks great and all, especially the sloped runway. Disappointed that the surrounding area is not better represented.

Also, it is not in the Midlands.

Let us know how the ‘surrounding area is not better represented’, we welcome feedback and critique if it’s justified.

I was hoping for a better representation of the city of Leeds. I can see i the distance of some pictures that leeds is depicted well in regards to the high rise and cranes to which I assume is part of TEGB North.

The high rise buildings are good VFR landmarks on approach to EGNM and considering that LBA has no star charts, they are good for IFR.

We provided a major update to Leeds in the TE GB Central 1.1 service pack, adding quite a few buildings to the city centre and beyond. If you feel there are major POIs missing then please provide this feedback to us via the support forums. It is beyond the scope of this airport addon to further enhance the cities of Leeds and Bradford given their distance from the airport.

11 hours ago, Ben3083 said:

Can't wait, I spend a lot of time at LBA in real world and it will be nice to have a high quality up to date version in the sim. Just a quick note, the front of the terminal has had new signs put up, the 'Leeds Bradford Airport' sign has been moved to above the main entrance and where the sign used to be now shows welcome to Yorkshire. :)

Screenshot_42.png

I am asking our modelers to add these now. No promise it will make release but certainly in a patch not far behind.

Thanks for bring this to our attention.

53 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We provided a major update to Leeds in the TE GB Central 1.1 service pack, adding quite a few buildings to the city centre and beyond. If you feel there are major POIs missing then please provide this feedback to us via the support forums. It is beyond the scope of this airport addon to further enhance the cities of Leeds and Bradford given their distance from the airport.

Im a p3d peasant, just waiting for it to be ready for p3d and you will get some more of my pennies.

Jack

17 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

By the way JV, what happened to the P3D version of East Midlands Airport EGNX? https://orbxdirect.com/product/egnx-xp11 Will it ever come to P3D?

I wonder if that is being held back until TE Central is available on P3D as TE South northern boundary is pretty much East Mids. EGNX and EGNM look great and once TE-Central is released I'll be getting the wallet out of storage!

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

I am asking our modelers to add these now. No promise it will make release but certainly in a patch not far behind.

Thanks for bring this to our attention.

That's fab news. If you need any clearer pictures of them just let me know and i'll grab some when i'm there today/tomorrow.

:) 

Looks awesome.

Never realised just how 'slopey' the runway was.

Glad that the P3D version will fit in with FTX England...and, presumably, be seasonal.

And the night lighting and performance of Ortho in XP11 will be a joy.

Put me down for both versions please ....  horses for courses !

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Since I don't live there I'm very curious, why do they have so many Y's on the building?  I'm assuming it has to do with the Y in Yorkshire?

It is exactly that Jack, The 'Welcome to Yorkshire' tourist board have used it as their branding since they brought the 'Tour de France' to Yorkshire a few years ago. :) 

14 hours ago, John Venema said:

I think you did an excellent job with Leeds city centre with the patch 1.1 version, nobody expects every last building to be modelled but it's a very good representation of the city and OrbX went way beyond just what was posted in the feedback thread. Glad to see we're getting the Lancaster bomber factory in there too. Better crank up the crosswind speed in XP11.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:08 AM, John Venema said:

You’ll still be able to use it perfectly well with Orbx Global or FTX England.

Can you be a bit more specific please? Seasons or no seasons? "Use it with" does not imply full compatibility with FTX Regions or OpenLC. 

You seem to be wanting to abandon seasons completely as soon as there's a TE region available or coming up. Why? Can't you accept that there are people that don't want TE regions in P3D, due to lack of seasons and for performance reasons?

So you finally return to the UK after all those years, but by doing so you ditch any support for seasonal textures with these new airports? What a shame that would be. Still hoping that EGLC will be blended seasonally with FTX/OpenLC. I'd buy instantly. 

Archived