No rivers or road

Michael747

Hi, after installing NA open land class and global base pack, all my roads, rivers and lakes have disappeared or are fragmented. I am also running Northern Rocky mountains which offered some good suburban  aerial scenery between Calgary and Canmore. The Bow river has disappeared as well as the roads.  I uninstalled and reinstalled both the library and FTX Northern Rockies- no change. Is there a tweak I'm missing?

Hello,

roads and rivers are normally the province of Vector products.

If inside the Orbx NRM region however, you should be seeing the

roads and rivers as placed by that product.

As a start, can you provide a copy of your scenery.cfg file please?

Ideally, a screen shot with coordinates of the problem would be helpful too.

Thanks- So here is the scenery config and 3 different screenshots. For CYYC, I am using simaddon's CYYC, because it was easier on frame rates than the fs studios one.  As I said, before I installed Global base pack and the open LC for N.America, the TransCanada was clearly visible and many of the secondary roads. Now the traffic goes wherever- hence the first screen shot; it leaves the airport and drives over a field- this never happened before. In any event, I'm sure the scenery.cfg will indicate some glaring errors I've made.

Cheers!

traffic.jpg

towards Cochrane.png

no Bow.jpg

scenery.cfg

After  deactivating and re activating (one by one) the orbx sceneries in my Scenery Library, it seems they do not play well with FSX, at least in my case. The problem with my lclookup.bgl occurred after the global base pack updated, yesterday. I know better than to request a refund, but I am very disappointed. The products look fantastic, but for whatever reason, (and I do accept some culpability because of my level of computer literacy) they have wreaked havoc on my flight sim. 5d780eacf33fc. 5d7d9a23a6f42

Hello,

I have done my best to correct the errors.

However, you seem to have missing PNW demo scenery library entries and there is,

I understand, a fixed way to add "Vic+".

You could try the attached file instead of yours but anything in the PNW demo area is

not going to work as Orbx intended until the missing parts are added back.

scenery.cfg

Sadly, after Jon Patches passing, all his payware and donation ware sceneries are gone for good as his kids demanded that they be removed from all sources. That's why I haven't purchased PNW. I tried the demo, but it turned the strait of Juan da Fuca black lol. I'll give your .cfg file a go. Thanks for your efforts.

Well, lol, eventhough I backed up the scenery.cfg, when I tried to install yours, my sim said I needed an valid .cfg file or I should reinstall the entire sim. when I tried to revert to my saved file I got the same message. SO, I deleted the file and let FSX rewrite the file. The downside is, all the addon scenery needs to be re installed. Is there a recommended order in which to install orbx files? And this time I'll leave out Vic +

Archived