Murray Island (YMUI) freeware -- strip in deep hole

Mac6737

OK, so it's freeware, but no matter what I do, the airstrip is in a deep hole -- virtually unflyable.  See pic I shall try to attach.

Yeah, I searched and found someone with the same issue (with screenshot), whose issue was resolved by running autoconfig in Vector.  Didn't work for me. Then I looked in Vector/config/AEC and changed YMUI from Disabled to Enabled.  Still didn't work.  This was after the Orbx update for YMUI, and after I had tried all variations before running autoconfig.

Here's the good thing:  It's not the end of the world.

Any ideas?

Mac6737   

Murray Island hole.jpg

13 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Have run the AEC tool in Vector and disabled YMUI?  

As I said, it didn't work when disabled, so I enabled it and it still didn't work.

Anyway, I'll disable it again.  (What was that definition of "insanity" again?)

3 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Don't forget to click "Apply". 

Stewart,

Thanks for your persistence.  No, I did not forget to click "Apply."  And I got the prompt saying I had been successful.

But here's an afterthought:  Maybe it's supposed to be as in my screenshot?  I'm attaching an aerial view, and I have by now succeeded in taking off and landing (well, sorta, except for the nose plant).  The write-up says it's supposed to be challenging.  OTOH, who would pave an airport in a hole? 

YMUI aerial shot.jpg

1 hour ago, Smudger said:

But in P3Dv4 it looks great. The widsock is buried in tha bank to the right in your pic.

Smudger,

To be clear, I am running P3dv4.  That's why I first posted this in the P3D forum, but the powers that be moved it to Freeware.  I can't imagine why my windsock is buried (and the chain link fence is too, in part).  It should work with the AEC either Enabled or Disabled.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Smudger said:

Hello Mac,

have you applied the fix that Graham provided for YMUI in P3Dv4,? That is all I have done.

I wasn't sure how to do what he said, but . . .

PROBLEM SOLVED!  I went to Orbx Central YMUI, "verify files," and ticked the unticked box to activate the Aus v. 2 scenery.  Who knew?  (I had installed the Aus v. 2 before downloading YMUI.) 

Life is still not perfect, however.  You mentioned a buried windsock.  The chain link fence is now above grade, but still no windsock.  Also, those little guys who are supposed to be walking around on the tarmac are apparently off duty.  I'll have to go look for the birds that used to be there.

Mac6737

Hello Mac,

15 hours ago, Mac6737 said:

I wasn't sure how to do what he said, but

The files for YMUI P3Dv4 are here. I'm fairly certain that Graham has said to install AUv2 and tick the control box, before installing YMUI, which is what I did.

Nick also has a post saying = In my simulator, the airport works exactly as Tim Harris intended when the Vector AEC for YMUI is disabled.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, Smudger said:

Hello Mac,

The files for YMUI P3Dv4 are here. I'm fairly certain that Graham has said to install AUv2 and tick the control box, before installing YMUI, which is what I did.

Smudger,

I was reviewing this thread and came to yours of 9/9.  Just to make sure I've been following instructions: 

That's what you did?  Tick what control box?  BEFORE you install the YMUI scenery, there's no control box to tick, right?  So you can only tick it AFTER you've installed, which is what I did. 

(I assume the only tick we're talking about here is the one to enable AUv.2, which appears in all my Aussie airport scenery Configure options.)

Mac

• 3 months later...

Archived