Vector AEC Endless scan P3Dv4

Matt Keane

Just updated to v4.5, and noticed that after installing all my addon airports (and global, vector and nor + socal), I ran the AEC tool like I usually do but found that the scan never completes and endlessly runs. Upon further investigation, its even not recognizing a fair amount of the addon scenery I have installed (even the ones with the old scenery.cfg method). The AEC tool seemed to work fine in 4.3 with all the same scenery I had too. From reading other posts about vaguely similar issues, it makes me think that a 3rd party addon is whats causing this, but what confuses me is the only thing thats changed in my sim is updating to 4.5. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Matt,

so far, the only cause of the Vector auto-cnfiguration failing to complete

as you describe has been the installation of the simulator directly to the

drive without a root folder.

Is that the case here?

Hi Nick,

I have p3d installed as follows: A:\Lockeed Martin, and all sim related content is in there as well. Could it be possible that vector is simply just looking in the wrong area? As in, is there a way to check that it's scanning where I have p3d installed and not another place?

Thanks for the response!

Matt

Hello,

another customer reported this:

Just to say my problem has been solved. Another ticket was the clue, an empty scenery file in

C/Users/Dad/AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/P3Dv4.5. It should not have been there,

deleted it and problem solved.

There should not be a scenery.cfg file there but it mght be worth checking.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

another customer reported this:

There should not be a scenery.cfg file there but it mght be worth checking.

I just checked, didnt find a scenery.cfg in that folder. From reading other posts, I used the Lorby addon organizer to create scenery.cfg's for my addons, yet some of them are still not showing up. This just leads me further to believe that vector is simply not looking in the correct area when scanning for potential airport conflicts, but then again I am no where near being an expert on how the program operates.

Archived