Computer Discs

John York

I had my computer built for me way back when.  Because in those days(before Orbx) I intended it for use as a general workhorse with photography mainly on mind.  I therefore got a decent 1TB 'C' disc but large capacity 3TB 'D' & 'E' discs.  This was fine and accomodated all my photography work and later FS9 and a gradually expanding world of flight simulation photo scenery.

It all worked well until Orbx came on the scene when I discovered it would only work from my 'C' disc.  That disc is now decidedly getting overworked and I would really like to get all the Orbx scenery, if not the operating part, on to my 'D' and 'E' discs but I can't damn well work out a way of doing it!

Any ideas anybody please?

Use ORBX Central and migrate/move ALL your ORBX scenerys to whatever hard disk  you want, In your case I guess it would be D or E. Don´t understand why you have split your 2nd hard disk into two partitions (D and E). I my opinion symbolic links just create problems.

Jack

the Swede in spain

1 hour ago, JohnY said:

It all worked well until Orbx came on the scene when I discovered it would only work from my 'C' disc.

Hello John,

your statement is not accurate.

Until now, Orbx scenery would only install to where the flight simulator was installed.

This could be on any disc at all, A to Z by simply creating an empty simulator root folder

on the disc of choice and then setting the simulator installer to place the simulator inside it.

Orbx scenery would then install into that same folder.

As you have had pointed out to you, the new Orbx Central installer will place files wherever you

want them to be, inside or outside the simulator root folder.

Note that this applies only to P3D v4 and X Plane 11.

FSX and P3D v1-3 files are still placed into the simulator folder.

Ok.  Thanks fellers.

Jack.   I haven't split my discs.  I have 3 entirely separate individual discs.

Thanks Nick.  I had a feeling that was the case but couldn't damn well find a way in Central to do it.   I'll have another look.

John

Still haven't been able to do it.  I can't find a way to direct Orbx downloads or, indeed, my current Orbx products to my 'D' or 'E' discs.  What I would dearly love to do is get all my Orbx stuff on to those discs rather than the 'C'.

John

1. Got to the disc where you want the ORBX files to be stored.

2. Create a library like ORBX New.

3. Start ORBX Central.

4 Go to settings./Libraries and ""Create a library (marked blue)

5. Under "Library Path" CHANGE the default path to the library you just created.

6. As I allready have created my library I don´t remember if I got the question if this was to be my main library. If you get that question, answer yes.

Done

If you run into problems, ask and I will help you.

Jack

Archived