EGLC London City Airport + FTX Central +Orbx Central

carlosqr

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3D v4

Screenshot:  

Issue:

Greetings

I have just purchased the EGLC London City Airport without a second thought or even reading, I just knew I needed it

Just realized I was not able to download it through FTX Central which was confirmed by Nick's post.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/179040-eglc-london-city-airport-released-for-p3dv4/?do=findComment&comment=1559567

It happens that I went back to FTX Central some time ago due to the issues I had.

How should I proceed with this?

If I install the new Orbx Central it will request me to uninstall again FTX Central?

Do I have to migrate everything again? I remember having read that it seems not necessary to migrate.. can you please clarify?

Will the new Orbx Central  detect my products installed as FTX Central does so I don't have to migrate them?

I read the migration causes issues but what about if instead of migrating everything is installed through the new Central? would there no be issues if done this way?

I read that having both applications installed will cause conflicts, is that still on?

Have all the issues reported in Central been fixed?

I want to download and install my EGLC in the safest possible way (keeping all the rest in order as it currently is)

Thank you for your advise

Regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

this is one of many replies I have made to customers who cannot install the new product with FTX Central.

Hello,

I may have posted this once or twice before.

You can install Orbx Central without it having any effect on P3D at all.

You can then install this product into the "Prepar3D v4 folder" and it will be installed

in exactly the same way as it would be installed by FTX Central.

You can then select your control panel preferences using Orbx Central, close it and use the product.

I assure you that if you do that and only that, the rest of your P3D v4 installation will be untouched.

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

this is one of many replies I have made to customers who cannot install the new product with FTX Central.

Thank you Nick

I'll follow the instructions

Chers

Carlos

Archived