True Earth Great Britain SD version planned?

X4711

I read that there are plans to make a SD version of True Earth Washington and so I like to ask there are plans to also make a SD version of True Earth Great Britain.

While do I like the high quality of True Earth Great Britain Central  I also do appreciate the reduced VRAM usage of the True Earth Oregon SD version.

No there are no plans to make an SD version of GB at this stage. The main reason for that is the poor quality of the ZL17 source imagery we licensed. The plan is to re-make the GB series with better source data at some point, and at that time we will make HD and SD versions.

Thank you for clarifying about True Earth Great Britain.

After having visited the UK around a dozen times from the South of England to the North of England, I think to capture the beauty and magic of the English countryside is not an easy task, but I think True Earth Great Britiain does this extremely well already especially combined with extra airports like Compton Abbas Airfield.

Looking forward to seeing this remade version someday, in the meantime I will enjoy the current version.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:33 AM, S3rg1o said:

Is there a way to "manualy" downsize? textures .dds files to half resolution like in TrueEarth Oregon SD ?? Thank you

So, i've downsized all .dds files in textures folder from "Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos", after backing up original ones.

When I try to load it I get this error:

0:11:38.784 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:11:38.784 E/SYS: | Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:11:38.784 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a910xf8e0x17.ter
0:11:38.784 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
0:11:38.784 E/SYS: | ../textures/a910xf8e0x17.dds
0:11:38.784 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:168)
0:11:38.784 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the image files exist, I didn't touch them. am I missing something, or is it a more complicated process?

Thank you.

Archived