4.0.10 - Insertion Points, Library vs. In-Sim

greggerm

Operating system:  Win10 Pro 1903

Simulator:  P3D v4.5 HF1

I'm continuing to play around with my sim installation to understand the nuances of Orbx Central. On yet another completely virgin install of P3D (imaging software makes this easy!), I installed Central 4.0.10 and proceeded to install Global, Vector, OpenLC NA, and a pair of Orbx airports using the "Library" method (Except global, of course). I've run into a pair of items to report. These are both being observed on a complely fresh P3D install, with no other addons present whatsoever.

====

Scenery Insertion Points

It looks like Central 4.0.10 did not respect the default "Sharuah" scenery item found in P3D v4.5. It installed various OpenLC entries in-between Sharuah and Bathymetry. Would it instead be appropriate to have all of the OpenLC entries above Sharuah?

In addition, Vector installed APT, CVX, FixedAPT, and OBJ (in that order) between Asia and Africa.  Only EXX was installed below Africa.

I can fix this with Lorby's tool, but wanted to raise it up as it didn't seem quite right.

====

Library vs. In-Sim

Even though I selected "Library" installs for all the packages that supported it,  I am seeing over 1GB of files which appear to be related to OpenLC inside the simulator's Orbx folder, split between three texture directories (D:\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_OLC\ (OLC_AA, OLC_EU1, OLC_NA1).  I am also seeing corrasponding entries in my scenery config for these in-sim directories. I was under the impression that when using the "LIbrary" method, all elements related to our library-supported scenery installs would exist in the library folders instead of inside the sim.

I'm not concerned about this, but I am wondering if this is expected behavior. Are those elements truly related to OpenLC, or are they actually part of the FTX Global install which needs to be in-sim? I'm just curious why they're located there.

====

Thanks for your input,

-Greg

Hi Greg,

On 8/24/2019 at 1:10 AM, greggerm said:

It looks like Central 4.0.10 did not respect the default "Sharuah" scenery item found in P3D v4.5. It installed various OpenLC entries in-between Sharuah and Bathymetry. Would it instead be appropriate to have all of the OpenLC entries above Sharuah?

Can you take a screenshot of your scenery library? This will make it a bit more clear for us.

In addition, Vector installed APT, CVX, FixedAPT, and OBJ (in that order) between Asia and Africa.  Only EXX was installed below Africa.

This should work fine, the EXX was put below due to an issue we discovered with add-on.xml layering.

Even though I selected "Library" installs for all the packages that supported it,  I am seeing over 1GB of files which appear to be related to OpenLC inside the simulator's Orbx folder, split between three texture directories (D:\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_OLC\ (OLC_AA, OLC_EU1, OLC_NA1).  I am also seeing corrasponding entries in my scenery config for these in-sim directories. I was under the impression that when using the "LIbrary" method, all elements related to our library-supported scenery installs would exist in the library folders instead of inside the sim.

These are part of the Global Base installation.

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the info - I've since tweaked and adjusted so I don't have a screenshot, but here's what it looked like before I touched anything...  (default scenery in bold)

FTX_AA_KSEZ
FTX_AA_KSEZ_LC
FTX_AA_KBID
FTX_ZZ_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS
FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1
Sharuah
FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS
FTXZZ_OLC_FixedAPT
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2
ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE
Bathymetry

SanDiego

Orlando

Kennedy_Space_Center

...etc.etc.

This was the install ordering with using the XML/Library method for all available titles, with no additional scenery or XML add-ons installed at the time. Obviously FTX Global was installed direct-to-the-sim. (Maybe that block below Sharuah is all related to the local Global install?)

My sim is running well now, so I don't need this to be addressed for my personal installation, but the info is here if it proves to be useful.

-Greg

Archived