Urgent miner supplies

Stillwater

Well, this time the mines are located in a slightly warmer region than what is usually served by Mule Air Team. But at least we hired the same type of freighter to pass over the most urgent necessities that were transported by ship across the Australian Bight to Ceduna/SA.

kTXaSv2.jpg

Across the green South Australian plains...

Eha1sp2.jpg

... into salty areas, ...

tgzKXE6.jpg

... then into more sandy areas, ...

RwZoP1b.jpg

... and, over Tarcoola, even into totally sandy areas.

wmWnoYv.jpg

oqJaz0Z.jpg

But here it is, the Opal Capital of the world.

JAxpAhH.jpg

QVIUoSr.jpg

Coober Pedy. They say temperatures are not reported in degrees here, but in "liters to drink without going to the loo". Fortunately our plane was full of beer when we took off.

GZf26X9.jpg

On 8/21/2019 at 6:47 PM, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

On 8/21/2019 at 6:54 PM, BradB said:

Karl (FlyingLeaf) is not going to be very happy with you Gerold , taking the Mule Team all the way to OZ . :angry::o:D

Cheers

John

It seems that Karl @flyingleaf is not monitoring the activities of the Mule Team associates thoroughly. At least he seems to miss this flight from his southern friends.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, lifejogger said:

I like theses shots of Australia Gerold!!!!!  And I like the DC-3.

Thank you John. A pleasure to fly in it and to fly above it.

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Is this version 2 Gerold?  They're all magnificent scenic shots!

Sure it is, mate. I am always hesitating until things are settled, but with Australia I could not resist...

19 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Great, Gerold. Looks like you saved the day!

You come to the essence of this flight, Rodger. And even you did not ask for the relation of loaded and unloadable cargo... :blink:;D

Whoa fellows. That's just ain't right:angry:. While these are great shots Gerold it's your load y'all :Phauling that bothers us some. I hope y'all didn't have too much "breakage" like us do when we carry a load'a beers for them Miners. However, at least in Alaska our beer stays cold. :rolleyes::lol::DBye, the bye fellows the Mule Team hired Commander Chris P. Bacon's nephew " Meatloaf":blink: for a new business plan:rolleyes: since we're losing too much money( Do mostly through "breakage":rolleyes::P). Let's see what kind of "brain droppings" he comes up with:lol:. Until then Happy sky's to y"all.  :lol:Remember: Fly Mule Team and get three time the insults.

9 hours ago, wain71 said:

great set of shots....

Thank you for watching & commenting, mate!

16 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Splendid set!  Loved the salty areas shot and landing shots.  Well done.

Thanks JJJ. The first part came with nature & Orbx, the second with planning & luck!

18 hours ago, mglan80 said:

Nice little airport!  I need to get exploring v2 more!  Love the livery, too.

Thanks, mate. Don´t forget the airport is upgraded with OZx. Unfortunately the underground mines cannot be represented here (or: they are, but invisible).

I did not have an Australianlivery installed, so I took some other from the ANZAC forces.

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Terrific set of shots Gerold! :)  No a whole lot of people living out there looks like. :huh:

Absolutely not, Adam. It would be a nice occasion to meet enough people for a football match out there.

16 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Whoa fellows. That's just ain't right:angry:. While these are great shots Gerold it's your load y'all :Phauling that bothers us some. I hope y'all didn't have too much "breakage" like us do when we carry a load'a beers for them Miners. However, at least in Alaska our beer stays cold. :rolleyes::lol::DBye, the bye fellows the Mule Team hired Commander Chris P. Bacon's nephew " Meatloaf":blink: for a new business plan:rolleyes: since we're losing too much money( Do mostly through "breakage":rolleyes::P). Let's see what kind of "brain droppings" he comes up with:lol:. Until then Happy sky's to y"all.  :lol:Remember: Fly Mule Team and get three time the insults.

I knew you are the expert on transporting such delicate load, Karl. Don´t you expect a low rate of breakage on the ANZAC-Mule as well, the plane runs less on fuel than on other liquids :ph34r:. But you are right, temperature of the freight is an issue down under.

I am keen to see how the new crew member "Meatloaf" will perform, maybe he is also good in inflight entertainment?

Archived