FTX Central v4.0.6 CPU utilization all cores at 100%?

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 1903

Simulator:  Xplane11 and P3D

Screenshot:  see links

Issue:  CPU Utilization 100% all cores?

Purchased $680 worth of Orbx products last night (figured I'd make good on the cross platform discount):

uc?id=1mKog5XKKzVm-58AI5K643iju0zm0JDNb

uc?id=1WEpTfuD6OmF7_xutwzhWr5G9_qC7stT6

uc?id=1fu7tNsI9GCa6kLudCcwu1ubE1uqlGar3

Needless to say, this certainly heated up my PC.  Is this expected behavior?  

The single download was still taking a very long time (several hours) so I'm not sure why all my cores were pegged?  As soon as I paused the download, all the cores went back down to idle CPU usage.  I think you might have some download threading issues or some contention happening.

I eventually gave up and closed down FTX Central 4.0.6

Cheers, Rob.

Hello,

in many of the previously reported instances of the conversion process either overheating or locking the PC,

advice has been given to disable any CPU overclock.

In pretty much each case when this advice was followed, the customer has returned to report a successful

conversion.

It must be worth a try.

Hi Nick,

This is a clean install, no conversion.  Orbx was completely wiped per Instructions found here before installing the new Central 4.0.6

I can't imagine a download, even one that is broken up into threads covering single product would cause this type of CPU utilization?  My download speed was about 11MB/s which isn't a huge drain on CPU resources, certainly not all 8 cores (no HT).

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

In your original screenshot, you're installing TrueEarth Great Britain Central. This installation does have a texture conversion process that is CPU intensive. It may be confusing from first glance as Central downloads, extracts and converts in parallel. The conversion progress in the download queue isn't visible due to the download and extract progress taking up the full width. If you click on the product in the download queue, it should show the detailed installation progress at the top-right of the page.

Archived